[Q] Disabling the power switch during lockscreen.

Search This thread

Bounty33

May 8, 2014
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum (obviously). So today I was robbed during my commute (I got my phone back). As we all know, the HTC One's battery is not easily removable, and installing a tracking service can help. Only problem is, the HTC One can be restarted, preventing any tracking software from tracking the phone's location. Disabling the HTC One's power button can be a solution to this problem. My questions are as follows: Is there a way to disable the power button, and if so how?

I apologize if this topic has been discussed before.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum (obviously). So today I was robbed during my commute (I got my phone back). As we all know, the HTC One's battery is not easily removable, and installing a tracking service can help. Only problem is, the HTC One can be restarted, preventing any tracking software from tracking the phone's location. Disabling the HTC One's power button can be a solution to this problem. My questions are as follows: Is there a way to disable the power button, and if so how?

I apologize if this topic has been discussed before.

if you disable the power button you wont be able to wake the device. If your goal is to remove the power off and restart menu from long press power, this also wont stop anyone because you can power cycle the phone with power and volume held together.

I'm not trying to sell this app nor am i a dev but you could try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.t3hh4xx0r.nfcsecure
it does cost money after a few days, but there is also a free trial. it works with NFC and takes over the lock screen so no matter what they do they cant get around this unless they have you NFC chip.( unless you have root and have a custom recovery that allows you to wipe data/data/) you can get NFC tags all over the internet including ones for your key ring or even an implant for your skin (weird? i know)

Last edited:

Bounty33

May 8, 2014
Security and anti theft options

Hmm well that's bad news for me.
What are the best security and anti theft software to add to my phone? I have

–Cerberus