GLTools compatibility list (PACMANROM v21.0)

Search This thread

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
Id like to start a compatibility list here for the Optimus 3D (p920), regarding the GLTools apk.
(if this is the wrong section, or doesnt reflect the spirit of xda at all, please tell me and I'll stop)

As this means a lot of freezing and restarting the device, changing the settings every time, it is very time consuming.
Also the battery will drain in no time ! As Im not sure if xda is the right medium for this, I have not tested many games/apps yet. :p

Here user "CrashOverride1995" posted the tool "GLTools" apk : (an alternative to Chainfire 3D)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2604723

I also tried this xda version :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615514

While Chainfire 3D lead to a bootlop on my PACMAN ROM v21.0 with CWM, I decided to give GLTools a try.
Surprisingly it worked at once...well, more or less. ;)

It is written, it should work on most, if not any devices

If you want to take part in this test and have tested a game with various/all settings and made it run, feel free to post the results here.
Ill update the initil post then.

Device / ROM : Optimus 3D (PACMAN ROM v21.0 - JB 4.2.2)

Ill start with Tegra 3.

Tegra 3 games :

Beach Buggy Blitz
Starts with many settings, still has tons of black squares with any setting. Intro menu runs at very nice fps. Main menu keeps beeing active, but as soon as you start the game you can only start driving sometimes. Mostly less then 10 seconds. Then the game freezes and you have to restart your p920.
(on xda version 1.7 it starts with full quality (no black squares) if you just select FAKE GPU and CPU). But it throws you right back to the homescreen after scrolling towards the mountain.)

Dark Meadow
Regardless of settings, only the intro images are shown. The sound loops Many Tegra 3 users have that problem as well.

Glowball Demo :

Regardless of the settings, a black screen shows up for some seconds, throwing you back to the homescreen.

more to come, maybe by you, user ? :)

Next post will have some Tegra 2 games. (maybe already tomorrow)

Last edited:
Reactions: amazing 3D

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
Tegra 2 Games :

Hockey Nations 2011 THD
Starts even without GLTools, problems start when you select a game mode. You can play, but the textures are all wrong. Menu textures used as wall and ground for example.

No matter of the settings of GLTools, you will end up in a black screen when a game-option is selected.
You only can see the "action icons" and the black shadow of your player character itself. Nothign else.

Also after this test I decided to order a second battery, as I dont want to mess with my good polarcell too much right now.

Last edited:

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
After some more experimenting, my new 1600mHa battery is going from 100% to 6 % within 13 hours (on normal use), while it would usually last at least 30 hours on normal use.

I dont say its GLTools fault, but I also dont have GoogleTalk installed... :p

Maybe its a PACMAN problem...maybe not.

Im not going to waste batterys on testing games that freeze (on this ROM) anymore.

This can be closed, if noone else wants to submit titles, working or not, on the Optimus 3D.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Id like to start a compatibility list here for the Optimus 3D (p920), regarding the GLTools apk.
    (if this is the wrong section, or doesnt reflect the spirit of xda at all, please tell me and I'll stop)

As this means a lot of freezing and restarting the device, changing the settings every time, it is very time consuming.
    Also the battery will drain in no time ! As Im not sure if xda is the right medium for this, I have not tested many games/apps yet. :p

Here user "CrashOverride1995" posted the tool "GLTools" apk : (an alternative to Chainfire 3D)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2604723

I also tried this xda version :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615514

While Chainfire 3D lead to a bootlop on my PACMAN ROM v21.0 with CWM, I decided to give GLTools a try.
    Surprisingly it worked at once...well, more or less. ;)

It is written, it should work on most, if not any devices

If you want to take part in this test and have tested a game with various/all settings and made it run, feel free to post the results here.
    Ill update the initil post then.

Device / ROM : Optimus 3D (PACMAN ROM v21.0 - JB 4.2.2)

Ill start with Tegra 3.

Tegra 3 games :

Beach Buggy Blitz
    Starts with many settings, still has tons of black squares with any setting. Intro menu runs at very nice fps. Main menu keeps beeing active, but as soon as you start the game you can only start driving sometimes. Mostly less then 10 seconds. Then the game freezes and you have to restart your p920.
    (on xda version 1.7 it starts with full quality (no black squares) if you just select FAKE GPU and CPU). But it throws you right back to the homescreen after scrolling towards the mountain.)

Dark Meadow
    Regardless of settings, only the intro images are shown. The sound loops Many Tegra 3 users have that problem as well.

Glowball Demo :

Regardless of the settings, a black screen shows up for some seconds, throwing you back to the homescreen.

more to come, maybe by you, user ? :)

Next post will have some Tegra 2 games. (maybe already tomorrow)