Sent a new phone with 4.3....what would you do?

Search This thread

scojosmac

Mar 29, 2012
So I was having issue with my note 3 ( bluetooth issues ) I upgraded to 4.4.2

AT&T sent me a new / refurb phone and it has 4.3 on it.

So Im curious on what you guys would do?

Upgrade to 4.4.2 and stick with all this stupid bloatware

or

Root, and rom it?

If that latter, does anyone have any links to do that ( I used to do it with my S2, S3 and S4 )

thank s

tpierce89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 29, 2008
Alabama
Root it. It's not worth the grief to upgrade it to 4.4.2.

You can root it and use safestrap to install custom ROMs, or just enjoy the stock setup with root.

Sent from my locked down Note 3 via the tapatalk app

TeldenW

ROOT AND ROM it!

I was ROOTED and ROM'd, but I got bit by the OTA Upgrade bug... I went through all the hassle of downgrading, unrooting, resetting, then upgrading.
Now I've got the fresh new bloated OTA official 4.4.2 and NO ROOT.

scojosmac

Mar 29, 2012
well I rooted it with Kingo, However I'm having issues with SafeStrap.

Downloaded the APK and Busybox.

Installed SafeStrap and installed the recovery. When I manually reboot or reboot into the recovery via the app, it just boot as normal :(

Last edited:

cputoys

Feb 13, 2013
S. Jersey
Root it!

I rooted with Kingo, no problems, the first day I got the Note 3 and took the Nb4 update. I was so lucky to catch the KK update and froze it mid-download with ttb. I am so glad!! I wouldn't be able to use this thing without root. I have installed safestrap and roms without issue. (staying on 4.3 roms mind you)

posersk8r

Feb 21, 2014

Installed SafeStrap and installed the recovery. When I manually reboot or reboot into the recovery via the app, it just boot as normal :(

try uninstalling ss then install it again, make sure it is 3.71 not 3.72. 3.71 doesnt need busybox if im not mistaken.

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012

I am going to use Kingo tomorrow as well I think. How does get root? Will it have superuser on it after it roots or do you have to put it on the phone yourself?

Thanks.

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012

Did you try rebooting into recovery via a power menu? That is what the tutorial says it should do. Hold power to bring up the menu and it should then have an option to reboot into recovery. I am going to try safestrap too I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am going to use Kingo tomorrow as well I think. How does get root? Will it have superuser on it after it roots or do you have to put it on the phone yourself?

Thanks.

kingo installs supersu. when supersu installs, click on it and choose disable knox, presto!