New firmware, AND4

Search This thread

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
So i was dinking around on sammobile, saw the latest firmware for the p900, problem is, its only a china firmware, i said.. "What the hell..." and went ahead and installed it on my US p900.

Works like a champ! Its all in english, im not sure if thats because i didnt wipe before i odin'd it. But reguardless, im up and running with it.

I had to change the text prediction to english. Everything i was typing was english, but the prediction suggestions were all chinese. But i just changed that in the keyboard settings.

In the stock browser, if you search from address bar, it returns results from some chinese search engine. It looks like you cant change it. Oh well, i use chrome and opera anyway.

The keyboard has some new features that i really like. Options for clipboard, handwriting, mic.. Etc are right on top, can turn prediction on and off with a toggle above tab..

yje3umyj.jpg

Here is the the about screen.

ny5y9y3a.jpg

At anyrate, i dont know what all was updated, if there are things you all want me to check/test lemme know.

Here is the sammobile link for those interested.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28998

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hendav and muzzy996

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
So the alternate symbols are gone on the new keyboard? I'm not sure if i'd like that. I guess the common ones are there but some basic math symbols and brackets are missing in addition to other punctionation marks. Guess thats what the Sym button will have to be used for (currently don't use it much with the older keyboard).

hendav

Jun 11, 2010
So the alternate symbols are gone on the new keyboard? I'm not sure if i'd like that. I guess the common ones are there but some basic math symbols and brackets are missing in addition to other punctionation marks. Guess thats what the Sym button will have to be used for (currently don't use it much with the older keyboard).

There is an xposed module to activate long press symbols if you're rooted. Fyi

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
I ended up going back to an XAR firmware . I had no Google services. Apparently China uses their own services for mail, maps, search... Etc.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
There is an xposed module to activate long press symbols if you're rooted. Fyi

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks, yes fully aware of that but the discussion was on the new keyboard layout being described above so I was asking relative to that discussion. Had he still been using that firmware and the option not be in there to turn it on I was going to suggest next to try xposed and that alt keyboard symbol module.

jackwagon06

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks, yes fully aware of that but the discussion was on the new keyboard layout being described above so I was asking relative to that discussion. Had he still been using that firmware and the option not be in there to turn it on I was going to suggest next to try xposed and that alt keyboard symbol module.

I know from messing with missing keyboard symbols, both the "language" and handwriting recognition "language" need to be "English US". If one is UK, symbols would disappear. This was reported by many when I posted looking for my symbols. Just fyi. Wonder if that rom had the mag UX that US users didn't get.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So i was dinking around on sammobile, saw the latest firmware for the p900, problem is, its only a china firmware, i said.. "What the hell..." and went ahead and installed it on my US p900.

Works like a champ! Its all in english, im not sure if thats because i didnt wipe before i odin'd it. But reguardless, im up and running with it.

I had to change the text prediction to english. Everything i was typing was english, but the prediction suggestions were all chinese. But i just changed that in the keyboard settings.

In the stock browser, if you search from address bar, it returns results from some chinese search engine. It looks like you cant change it. Oh well, i use chrome and opera anyway.

The keyboard has some new features that i really like. Options for clipboard, handwriting, mic.. Etc are right on top, can turn prediction on and off with a toggle above tab..

yje3umyj.jpg

Here is the the about screen.

ny5y9y3a.jpg

At anyrate, i dont know what all was updated, if there are things you all want me to check/test lemme know.

Here is the sammobile link for those interested.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28998

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I know from messing with missing keyboard symbols, both the "language" and handwriting recognition "language" need to be "English US". If one is UK, symbols would disappear. This was reported by many when I posted looking for my symbols. Just fyi. Wonder if that rom had the mag UX that US users didn't get.