Gaming performance drop after 4.4 update...note 3 n900

Search This thread

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
I just downloaded the new update... and when I play mc4 I get a huge lag in every 5 sec...its make me mad!...not its happening in mc4 too

Plz if someone haven't updated yet plz dont update......I have done a mistake I hope u havent

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
I dont know that this update fix or maked more problems...because again I played mc4 and I get no lag issue nor in asphalt 8

And its update was only 28 mb big....

stanzlavos

Dec 14, 2012
I have the same issue as well. So, what to do now ? I just feel sad !!!

I had an S3 before and it was just such an awesome device !!!

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
I dont know that this update fix or maked more problems...because again I played mc4 and I get no lag issue nor in asphalt 8

So you're saying you had another 28mb update after 4.4.2?? and asphalt 8 isn't lagging anymore? sure?

Cuz I updated to 4.4.2 manually as there's no ota in my place...so I wont receive any update. please tell if that latest update fixed anything

Last edited:

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
Newer stability update available in some countries

Since ota was not available in my country, i flashed the 4.4.2 russian firmware with odin..... so i wouldn't know if there was any update available. i was googling about this recently, and i found that a newer 4.4.2 update is available in some countries! after 4.4.2 build N900XXUDNC1, there's this new firmware available in russia, with build number N900XXUDND1.

I'll download and flash to see if it improves stuff! wish me luck!

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
Since ota was not available in my country, i flashed the 4.4.2 russian firmware with odin..... so i wouldn't know if there was any update available. i was googling about this recently, and i found that a newer 4.4.2 update is available in some countries! after 4.4.2 build N900XXUDNC1, there's this new firmware available in russia, with build number N900XXUDND1.

I'll download and flash to see if it improves stuff! wish me luck!

Wow I just checked my build number its UDNB1 in Turkey, we are too far behind lol. Hopefully update improves the performance, keep us posted I'm interested :D

raied115

Jun 13, 2012

Would you please tell us your build number and everything, so we can all try that update.

By the way, I just played Real Racing 3 for almost half an hour, and the phone just got warm, but if I play Asphalt 8 for 8 min, the phone is hot... All the sensors were off while playing...

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
Would you please tell us your build number and everything, so we can all try that update.

By the way, I just played Real Racing 3 for almost half an hour, and the phone just got warm, but if I play Asphalt 8 for 8 min, the phone is hot... All the sensors were off while playing...

Lol not just N900XXUDND1, after that, there is one more update! i flashed the latest N900XXUDND2 aswell.

My build no currently, after flashing the latest N900XXUDND2 fiwmware, is KOT 49H. N900XXUDND2,

But, first, let me tell you, this update didn't fix ****. Asphalt 8 is still behaving the same. heat up and lag after 5-6 minutes. I don't have time to test other games. Screw this phone. i'll wait for Oneplus One and buy it when it comes out in june. i swear to god, i'm Never buying any samsung phone again.

raied115

Jun 13, 2012
Lol not just N900XXUDND1, after that, there is one more update! i flashed the latest N900XXUDND2 aswell.

My build no currently, after flashing the latest N900XXUDND2 fiwmware, is KOT 49H. N900XXUDND2,

But, first, let me tell you, this update didn't fix ****. Asphalt 8 is still behaving the same. heat up and lag after 5-6 minutes. I don't have time to test other games. Screw this phone. i'll wait for Oneplus One and buy it when it comes out in june. i swear to god, i'm Never buying any samsung phone again.

Will try a custom ROM of that build and report back

raied115

Jun 13, 2012

After installing a fresh copy of Dr.Ketan's ROM, the ND1 version, and playing Ashpalt 8 for about 10 min, I noticed a lot less heating and no lagging after disabling Samsung DVFS!
Will play a little more and see if I'll have the overheating problem again.
Stay tuned :)

Edit: Dude, the ROM is awesome in managing the SoC and the heating problem is almost gone when no apps have been restored.
I'm restoring everything now and see if the problem still presist.

Last edited:

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
After installing a fresh copy of Dr.Ketan's ROM, the ND1 version, and playing Ashpalt 8 for about 10 min, I noticed a lot less heating and no lagging after disabling Samsung DVFS!
Will play a little more and see if I'll have the overheating problem again.
Stay tuned :)

Edit: Dude, the ROM is awesome in managing the SoC and the heating problem is almost gone when no apps have been restored.
I'm restoring everything now and see if the problem still presist.

Oh man, custom roms are awesome but I'm too lazy to root and flash roms etc :D
Do you reccommend the ROM is everything working OK, any force closes, lags in games etc?

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
Hhhhh, for me the ROM is working more than fine! You should try :)
No lags, no FC...

Oh my GOD! Man you are a genious! I never heard about that Samsungs DVFS before until you mentioned it in your post. I looked it up and thought "yeah that thing needs to go away!"
So I just rooted my phone, installed wanam Xposed and Samsung DVFS Disabler and voila!
No lags in any game, I can even play Spider Man 2 on max graphic settings without any issue! It was barely working on low setting before OH MY GOD!
Before, San Andreas started lagging after playing 10 minutes, now its always smooth, and now I can play all my games with my sixaxis!

An all those customization options in Xposed oh my god i'm just so excited right now :D
Thanks for showing me the right way man, root is the best thing that can happen to any Android device.

Quick question: What do you use to back up before flashing another ROM? I have been using an HTC device before and 4ext was the way to backup, but I'm new to Samsung scene and I don't think 4ext is compatible with this phone :D

raied115

Jun 13, 2012
Oh my GOD! Man you are a genious! I never heard about that Samsungs DVFS before until you mentioned it in your post. I looked it up and thought "yeah that thing needs to go away!"
So I just rooted my phone, installed wanam Xposed and Samsung DVFS Disabler and voila!
No lags in any game, I can even play Spider Man 2 on max graphic settings without any issue! It was barely working on low setting before OH MY GOD!
Before, San Andreas started lagging after playing 10 minutes, now its always smooth, and now I can play all my games with my sixaxis!

An all those customization options in Xposed oh my god i'm just so excited right now :D
Thanks for showing me the right way man, root is the best thing that can happen to any Android device.

Quick question: What do you use to back up before flashing another ROM? I have been using an HTC device before and 4ext was the way to backup, but I'm new to Samsung scene and I don't think 4ext is compatible with this phone :D

I'm glad to hear that it has worked for you! after disabling DVFS, does your phone gets hot/warm while playing high graphic games?

I'm using 3 ways to backup everything:
1. TWRP Recovery. There's an optin for backing up everything there.
2. My Backup Pro app from the Play Store. It's reliable and safe.
3. Titanium Backup. It's AMAZING or restoring apps and system data, and dows amaing job for restoring market links and etc...

I found those, for me, are the best ways to backup everything on my phone.
If you need anything else. I'll be glad to help :)

Reactions: cetindk

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
OMG *_* you guys are Awwsumm!!! just looked out for this DVFS thing, and yeah, that's the problem!!

Just, one more question, can i install this mod on stock rom?? if yes, can i install this on D2? or do i have to flash D1 first (cuz i flashed the THL D2 version)??

And how and from were do i install this?? i saw that wanam's thread where there was this tutorial for installing xposed and disabling dvfs, will that work??

Last edited:
Reactions: Er. Aditya

Er. Aditya

Feb 28, 2014
BraveFort
OMG *_* you guys a Awwsumm!!! just looked out for this DVFS thing, and yeah, that's the problem!!

Just, one more question, can i install this mod on stock rom?? if yes, can i install this on D2? or do i have to flash D1 first?? And can i use that app on google play? wanam's samsung dvfs disabler??

Yes u can use it on stock rom just needs root and thats the one you need by wanam

Reactions: waqardaman

raied115

Jun 13, 2012
OMG *_* you guys are Awwsumm!!! just looked out for this DVFS thing, and yeah, that's the problem!!

Just, one more question, can i install this mod on stock rom?? if yes, can i install this on D2? or do i have to flash D1 first (cuz i flashed the THL D2 version)??

And how and from were do i install this?? i saw that wanam's thread where there was this tutorial for installing xposed and disabling dvfs, will that work??

Yes u can use it on stock rom just needs root and thats the one you need by wanam

Just like he said, you can install it on any Samsung Based Rom. it requires Root of course.
Do you get any heat/Warmth/overheat while playing?

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
I'm glad to hear that it has worked for you! after disabling DVFS, does your phone gets hot/warm while playing high graphic games?

3. Titanium Backup. It's AMAZING or restoring apps and system data, and dows amaing job for restoring market links and etc...

Thanks for the reccommendations, TWRP is awesome for backing up. Its saying there is no option to backup to sd card, only backup to internal but its not a big deal.
Yeah I played Spider Man 2 for 20 minutes on max settings and the phone got incredibly hot. A1 cpu tool showed 80 degrees for cpu temparute. I played San Andreas for 30 minutes, also got very hot it became hard to touch the screen lol. My question: Is there a way on stock kernel to start throttling the cpu when it gets to 70 degrees?

Last edited:

raied115

Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the reccommendations, TWRP is awesome for backing up. Its saying there is no option to backup to sd card, only backup to internal but its not a big deal.
Yeah I played Spider Man 2 for 20 minutes on max settings and the phone got incredibly hot. A1 cpu tool showed 80 degrees for cpu temparute. I played San Andreas for 30 minutes, it was warm but not as hot as it became on Spider Man. My question: Is there a way on stock kernel to start throttling the cpu when it gets to 70 degrees?

Strange that it won't give you the option to backup to your SD CARD...
Try to check it through settings and see what can you find out...

It looks like the Spiderman 2 is not optimized for our Note 3...

As far as I know there is no option to control the SoC throttling without any custom kernel... Maybe you're having the same problem I had with overheating.
Try to disable Samsubg DVFS and opt out the location based ads in Google settings. See if that works for you.
Check if the IndexService service is active... Maybe you have a rouge file or app that is causing this.
Of none of the above helps, try to Factory reset everything (intrrnal and external memory) and try a custom rom.

Good luck!

Reactions: cetindk

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
Strange that it won't give you the option to backup to your SD CARD...
Try to check it through settings and see what can you find out...

It looks like the Spiderman 2 is not optimized for our Note 3...

As far as I know there is no option to control the SoC throttling without any custom kernel... Maybe you're having the same problem I had with overheating.
Try to disable Samsubg DVFS and opt out the location based ads in Google settings. See if that works for you.
Check if the IndexService service is active... Maybe you have a rouge file or app that is causing this.
Of none of the above helps, try to Factory reset everything (intrrnal and external memory) and try a custom rom.

Good luck!

I tried many things but no luck, it becomes too hot as the cpu works way too hard to play the games without lag when you disable DVFS. I'm thinking I really need a custom kernel to solve all my problems. Thank you for all your help man, really appreciated.
I have another question, hopefully my last :D
After flashing a custom kernel, what app do you use to control the SoC throttling?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So my games lag after 4.4.2 update like mc4 and asphalt 8....and asphalt 8 lag is extreme high..its starts after 5 min..first when I open this game its liquid smooth but after 5 min many things happened like split screen..screen divided into 2 parts phone heat up extremely high..and when this thing happens I just lock the screen wait for 20 sec.and my phone starts cooling..and then I open it and play game and its again play liquid smooth and again after 5 min. Its starts lag how to fix is I asked this same questions they haven't answered...I ask to gameloft They said clean your browser cookies I clean it but my games still lag...and I am not alone...this stuff happens to more people

Link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633895

So help me.......

And here is screen glitch
    Only N9000 users complaining of this problem??

Yeah. the problem only exist with the exynos version. my mom has the N9005 snapdragon version, in which asphalt 8 runs perfectly fine. i played on it for hours and not a single performance drop. infact it got the update from OTA. i had to manually install 4.4.2 on my Exynos via odin. help. also, please link me to some post on how to revert back to 4.3. very disappointed.
    Oh man, custom roms are awesome but I'm too lazy to root and flash roms etc :D
    Do you reccommend the ROM is everything working OK, any force closes, lags in games etc?

Hhhhh, for me the ROM is working more than fine! You should try :)
    No lags, no FC...