Extreme PowerSaving Mode UPDATED FOR NEW OTA

Search This thread

princeplanet

Jan 6, 2009
When everything is worked out, is there a way to get a quick launch toggle? Or even a shortcut? TIA.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

TJMac44

Feb 17, 2011
Went through this a few times to try narrow it down, but when I flash this, the little circle that comes with the HTC messages app when you receive text with the number of texts that are unread stops working. Went back to stock and it worked again, flashed this again and stopped. Any idea how to get it working again? I have HTC messages set as default.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Went through this a few times to try narrow it down, but when I flash this, the little circle that comes with the HTC messages app when you receive text with the number of texts that are unread stops working. Went back to stock and it worked again, flashed this again and stopped. Any idea how to get it working again? I have HTC messages set as default.

If you flash this, then place the stock mms apk that comes with the vzw varient you can have the message count back as well as vvm however mms will NOT work when in extreme power saver mode because the mms apk that comes with the vzw varient does NOT support extreme power saver mode.

sent from:)::§:::)

TJMac44

Feb 17, 2011
If you flash this, then place the stock mms apk that comes with the vzw varient you can have the message count back as well as vvm however mms will NOT work when in extreme power saver mode because the mms apk that comes with the vzw varient does NOT support extreme power saver mode.

I see, so the mms apk has been replaced with another variant to work with extreme power saver? So in theory when Verizon finally releases update that includes extreme power saver we will get full functionality back.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I see, so the mms apk has been replaced with another variant to work with extreme power saver? So in theory when Verizon finally releases update that includes extreme power saver we will get full functionality back.

In theory that is correct, however I doubt very much they will because look at what they have already removed
FM radio
Flash light
Power saving mode
Extreme power saving mode
File manager
5 toggles
Music channel mode
Easy mode
HTC browser
And I'm sure the list goes on but that's just want I know of off the top of my head. Over the years I've been ok with ADDING bloat because that's easy to remove/disable but REMOVING FEATURES IS NOT OKAY with me.

Reactions: deeznuts and Lazy8

TJMac44

Feb 17, 2011
In theory that is correct, however I doubt very much they will because look at what they have already removed
FM radio
Flash light
Power saving mode
Extreme power saving mode
File manager
5 toggles
Music channel mode
Easy mode
HTC browser
And I'm sure the list goes on but that's just want I know of off the top of my head. Over the years I've been ok with ADDING bloat because that's easy to remove/disable but REMOVING FEATURES IS NOT OKAY with me.

I agree, I can see some logic in the FM Radio to nail you for more data, ticks me off but can see it, but why the heck do they take the flashlight, power saving etc??? Speaking of which the power saver toggle mod will not turn on this extreme power saver, is there a way to get a toggle? I am sure the smart devs such as yourself will figure out the Verizon message if Verizon won't push it. Thanks for the mods you have given us!

power950

May 7, 2011
Springfield
So I just tested this doesn't work with art I had art runtime enabled when I flashed this on clean Rom and when it booted I got power had stopped working upon trying to enter power settings I would get settings have force closed so I switched to dalvik let it boot and had no problems I could go into power settings and see power save mode and extreme power save mode so why I'm posting is to let everyone know maybe you can put a warning not comparable with art runtime and I was wondering how to remove this because I would rather have art runtime than xtreme power save mode thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
So I just tested this doesn't work with art I had art runtime enabled when I flashed this on clean Rom and when it booted I got power had stopped working upon trying to enter power settings I would get settings have force closed so I switched to dalvik let it boot and had no problems I could go into power settings and see power save mode and extreme power save mode so why I'm posting is to let everyone know maybe you can put a warning not comparable with art runtime and I was wondering how to remove this because I would rather have art runtime than xtreme power save mode thanks in advance

ART works off of an ODEX ROM base,
the .apk I posted here is DEOdexed, so it won't work.

Also, this IS a Verizon Message.apk
A single edit to the manifest.xml was made to allow EPS to see the Message.apk as being installed,
and one more edit to a .smali file to bring bubbles back.

(Basically, the other Variants (Sprint, etc) their Message.apk is called upon as "Conversation.UI."
and our's is called upon "MessageActivityTab" or something close to it, thus using the .apk HTCExtremePowerSaver.apk from Sprint, it is looking for the event called "Conversation.UI" and since ours isn't being called upon by that string, EPS does not see our Message.apk

So the two edits, were to 1 change a string within the Manifest.xml from MessageActivityTab to Conversation.UI and wahla EPS see our Message.apk, the weird thing is that that one string change removes the tabs in Message.apk so you can't get over to voicemail (I don't use VVM so I didn't care to look for a fix)

now to get the bubbles back, this was a smali edit, but the same thing..
Found MessageActivityTab, changed it to Conversation.UI and now we have bubbles.) :)

Zanzibar

Jan 1, 2010
San Diego

I've looked through this thread from first to last page a few times, and I haven't been able to find which post you posted
your DEOdexed apk file. Did you perhaps post it in a different thread, and if so, can you link to it please?

I see the zip in the OP of this thread has the Odex version.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Ironkidz

May 7, 2014
Corona

Also, this IS a Verizon Message.apk
A single edit to the manifest.xml was made to allow EPS to see the Message.apk as being installed,
and one more edit to a .smali file to bring bubbles back.

(Basically, the other Variants (Sprint, etc) their Message.apk is called upon as "Conversation.UI."
and our's is called upon "MessageActivityTab" or something close to it, thus using the .apk HTCExtremePowerSaver.apk from Sprint, it is looking for the event called "Conversation.UI" and since ours isn't being called upon by that string, EPS does not see our Message.apk

So the two edits, were to 1 change a string within the Manifest.xml from MessageActivityTab to Conversation.UI and wahla EPS see our Message.apk, the weird thing is that that one string change removes the tabs in Message.apk so you can't get over to voicemail (I don't use VVM so I didn't care to look for a fix)

now to get the bubbles back, this was a smali edit, but the same thing..
Found MessageActivityTab, changed it to Conversation.UI and now we have bubbles.) :)

Could you be a little more specific on how to do this? It sounds like you have the golden key.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Could you be a little more specific on how to do this? It sounds like you have the golden key.

More specific? I was as specific as needed for anyone who understands editing applications. Sorry if you can't figure it out.
Golden key? I just explained in detail, I didn't have to do this, I also posted the link to the .zip for u guys to compare and I said exactly what you change, what else u want from me?

tschmid5

Oct 29, 2010
How do I manually enable tiles or "toggles"? Like the torch, screenshot and power saver mode tiles?

EDIT: Finally found "EQS list" thread, but no value listed for "torch" tile

Last edited:

cyberr8der

Jun 17, 2010
Anyone figured out how to get the tile for extreme power saving working? I don't see it anywhere.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
How do I manually enable tiles or "toggles"? Like the torch, screenshot and power saver mode tiles?

EDIT: Finally found "EQS list" thread, but no value listed for "torch" tile

There is not a stock one you can just enable. It would have to be added to the systemUI

Anyone figured out how to get the tile for extreme power saving working? I don't see it anywhere.

There is not a stock one you can just enable. It would have to be added to the systemUI

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just finished getting this working on our VZW flavor. Original Post was from jkt97401 in the Sprint thread,

Must be S-Off http://firewater-soff.com/
    Flash with CWM CWM VZW M8
    Or TWRP

flash and enjoy the EXTREME POWER SAVER mode

Extreme_PS_1.12.605.11_VZW.mms.zip - 9.55 MB

Updated Extreme Power Saving mode for the OTA update of 1.55.605.2
    Extreme_PS_1.55.605.2_VZW.wsms.zip - 9.55 MB

Just a side note, I have already done the mod on my personal phone to enable normal power saving mode, this "may" be necessary, however since I'm not planning on wiping my phone to test. "IF" after flashing this you do not see the options under /settings / power you may want to do that mod here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701909
    I think my backup has the extreme PS mod. Does the backup also restore runtime back to dalvik? I am not sure. What does the mod change to add the extreme PS? Is it just config changes that I can restore to remove the mid? I am not sure, thanks

Instructions to revert ART
    1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Run adb shell to access terminal.
    3. Type 'rm /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib' This will remove setting default VM runtime to ART.
    4. Clear Dalvik cache and reboot. Your phone should run normally now.

Noob question here....what is art? And how do we keep the "normal power save mode " button seen in the screen shots if flashing this?

Art=android run time

Sent from my Insane powered M8 using Tapatalk
    Ok after turning on the extreme mode and click on messages it says app not installed. Just a heads up

Sent from my Insane powered M8 using Tapatalk

i just saw that, the ActivityManager is denying permission to the com.htc.powersavinglauncher to access com.htc.sense.mms.. not sure why yet, still looking thru the log

Edit: found the propblem for MMS uploading fix now;

the MMS.apk for 1.12.605.11 does not have the added permisions in the manifest for the new com.htc.powersavinglauncher.. fix in OP

or here Extreme_PS_1.12.605.11_VZW.mms.zip - 9.55 MB
    If you set extreme to automatically turn on at 20% battery etc, does this actually work? User has stated it does not and no one else has chimed in on this possible bug.

I gotta wait till it drains to test it again, and knowing THIS phone, it might take a while :p