Vibration weakening over time.

Search This thread

mpogr

Jan 16, 2008
Melbourne
Several days ago I noticed I began missing notifications on my Gear. It took me a while to realise the reason for that. My watch vibration is now so weak to the point I don't feel it. It wasn't very strong to begin with, but now it deteriorated to the point it's useless. I have done a couple of factory resets, it didn't help. One thing I haven't tried yet is hard reset.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Several days ago I noticed I began missing notifications on my Gear. It took me a while to realise the reason for that. My watch vibration is now so weak to the point I don't feel it. It wasn't very strong to begin with, but now it deteriorated to the point it's useless. I have done a couple of factory resets, it didn't help. One thing I haven't tried yet is hard reset.

I think yours is faulty and your problem is not common. Yes, the vibrate is weaker than it should be. I believe this "may" be correctable in firmware as I am not sure that even set to high, we are actually getting maximum vibration. But I don't recall anyone saying it is changing over time....just not strong enough to begin with. You may need to get yours swapped out.

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear

You could just be getting used to it. My old Sony Ericsson MBW-150 vibrated a lot stronger than my Gear 2, but after a few hours sometimes I didn't notice it either. Hopefully we get a fix to make it stronger either from Samsung or a rooted ROM.