Cant flash ROM; phone stuck

Search This thread

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com

For sure. I've fixed 100s of soft bricks between my own testing things and for customers. I've gotten plenty of experience with that stuff. Have only hard bricked once because I'm an idiot, knew better than trying this particular mod, but thought I would try it anyway thinking I could fix it. Whoops. But hey, 1 out of 100s of devices that I have modded and have never lost a customer's device - could be worse :)

anmolgoel

Sep 15, 2013
For sure. I've fixed 100s of soft bricks between my own testing things and for customers. I've gotten plenty of experience with that stuff. Have only hard bricked once because I'm an idiot, knew better than trying this particular mod, but thought I would try it anyway thinking I could fix it. Whoops. But hey, 1 out of 100s of devices that I have modded and have never lost a customer's device - could be worse :)

did you get it to work though? the hard brick..?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
did you get it to work though? the hard brick..?

Nah, was a lost cause. Just flashed the wrong file in the wrong recovery and at the time, no one was able to do an effective JTAG service so it was a pretty paperweight. I knew the chance I was taking, and it didn't work. *shrug* I would never attempt to do stuff like that with someone else's phone.

When I show people how to root, I actually like to go over how to restore the phone first. Everyone wants to rush in and root without having a backup plan if something doesn't work and that's why most people get into trouble with soft bricking. Have to walk before you can run. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure the ROM zip is completely downloaded/ copies to ur SD card .. An incomplete zip is a common cause of this error, also make sure u're on the latest version of whatever recovery u're using

Sent from my GT-I9300
    The backups are not compatible between the 2, but obviously this version of Philz isn't cooperating like it should and since the developer's for DU suggested TWRP, seems like that's next logical step in troubleshooting issues with backing up and restoring in general.
    Agreed.. Just to put it out there.. the first backup I made was through Online nandroid manager app, and the second one through philz..

I'll install and use twrp the next time I'm on stock... which I dont think i will be for a long time btw.. enjoying the irresistible ROMs out there :D

Ah. Never used the Online Nandroid one. Never saw the point and trust the actual recovery to be able to backup better. Less chance of issues.