White back housing?

Search This thread

kenohki88

Mar 28, 2010
Patterson
What if I want JUST the red accent lights? Is it possible just to buy and mod that? Anyone know?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

thehoovie

Sep 4, 2010
change softkey color only

What if I want JUST the red accent lights? Is it possible just to buy and mod that? ....

Hi, I don't see how. The way the LCD is mounted to the glass, you would have to remove the LCD from the glass to get at them properly. Take a look at the image attached, the first one, its painted black first, and then the bottom portion is painted red for the soft keys. The next one is Black front, painted for white soft keys.

The other thing is in the image is the first screen has what is called the light guide. It takes the light from two LEDs and spreads it out over the soft keys. So, maybe, it might be possible to get a colored light bar to send, say, blue light to behind your white keys.... How that would look, I dunno. And I have only ever seen clear ones. Like there here, are clear, with a blue protective film covering the adhesive you are to remove before install. http://www.parts4repair.com/keypad-light-guide-for-htc-butterfly-x920e/

Attachments

• RednWhiteKeys.jpg
    RednWhiteKeys.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 377

Burn Stains

Sep 21, 2012
OH

juanzr1

Mar 16, 2011
Has anyone had any luck finding a red employee edition housing ,I wish htc would sell the housing ,I bet they have a bunch of them in there warehouse.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

x920e parts should be interchangeable with the DNA. If you get the battery back for a x920e, it won't have wireless charging.

All together there are four variants of the HTC Butterfly.
    Hi,

All together there are four variants of the HTC Butterfly.
    HTC J Butterfly (HTL21) 143 x 71 x 9.2 mm
    HTC Butterfly (X920d) 143 x 70.5 x 9.08 mm
    HTC Droid DNA 141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm
    HTC Butterfly (X920e) 141mm(L) x 70.5mm(W) x 9.08mm(T)

The Glass should be inter change able between x920e & DROID DNA both at 141 mm tall and the HTL21 & X920d both at 143 mm tall.

A great article comparing the four different versions, with lots of pictures of all four side by side at Engadget.

I ordered a White with Red buttons X920e Glass/Digitizer/LCD for my Verizon branded DROID DNA by HTC and it fit perfectly.

~Hoovie

Here are some pictures of my DROID DNA with a Butterfly x920e glass white with red soft keys. And of the stress crack on the back cover by the USB port where I pried too hard.

The height and width are the same on these models. While I don't know for sure for sure if the back fits it should, the back should be about half a mm more because of the QI charging. Now that I successfully swapped my screen I want a white back to !

~Hoovie

Simple sure. Slowly. Carefully. When I did mine I pried a bit too hard and have a small stress crack by the USB charge port. While that is the recommended point of entry, I ended up getting under the volume rocker better. Be careful. Go slow. There is a gasket type seal you may want to try to keep and reuse if a new back does not come with one. Another thing I did not read else where is there is some adheasive seal around the speaker.

Be careful. Go slow. Mind the stress on the USB cut out, the volume rocker, and the speaker area.

~Hoovie

The LCD panel isn't changed. It's the digitizer that is fused to the glass.

Have you noticed any issues with it? It is just as accurate as the original? I see eBay listings for replacement glass (I kinda like the black with no Verizon logo and red buttons) for as little as $23 to as high as over $100 and both listings provide the same level of details and look identical. Even the one with the HTC logo isn't an actual HTC OEM panel (the listing says "origina!" not "original").
    How is the quality of the lcd panel?

I ran it side by side with a stock(original) DNA and I saw no differences. I remember having a hard time to see outside in the sunlight. I duno't know if I am used to it now, or if it is actually a little better.

The LCD panel isn't changed. It's the digitizer that is fused to the glass.

Have you noticed any issues with it? It is just as accurate as the original? I see eBay listings for replacement glass (I kinda like the black with no Verizon logo and red buttons) for as little as $23 to as high as over $100 and both listings provide the same level of details and look identical. Even the one with the HTC logo isn't an actual HTC OEM panel (the listing says "origina!" not "original").

Yes it is, I replaced the LCD/Digitizer/Glass as one part because I read about low sucess rates seperating the LCD from the glass/digitizer. No issues with the product replacement. I should have gotten an adhesive surround thing or something, as I re used the one that was there, that is not as sticky as it was before and the one corner of the adheasive gasket is not smooth. For the first few days the one corner stuck our about .5mm but after being in my pocket with pressure on the glass to the housing its better. Just the Glass& Digitizer should be in the twenty something dollar range. Just the LCD should be around sixty. Together as one part, I see now from 75-125.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=300894844116

Just need this now

Sent from my SCH-R970 using xda premium

No, that listing is the wrong thing for our DNAs. The listing even has errors. It says the x920e in the listing but it can not be. That listing is for a back cover with an SD card. The x920d and the HTL21 have SD cards and a larger cur out on the top of the back cover. The x920e and the DNA have no cut outs are are a couple mms shorter than the other two.
    I am going to order this Battery door tomorrow when I get paid.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290940405280