[PATCH][AROMA] Polluti0ns Rom Patch [4.4/4.3]

Search This thread

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Polluti0n's Rom Patch​

=Disclaimer=
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE FLASHING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I HAVE TESTED THIS PROCEDURE BUT I CANT SAY IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. IF FLASHING THIS CAUSES YOUR CAT TO PEE ON YOUR BLANKET, I WILL NOT CLEAN IT UP.

=Description=
This is a patch for 4.3 and 4.4 roms. The patch can take care of many things such as changing kernels, changing bootanimations, fixing video recording and much more. The beauty of this patch is that it uses the aroma installer, so it actually lets you decide what options/fixes you want to install. You could actually flash the patch and not install one single thing if you didn't want to. Also this patch can be flashed as many times as you want so you can get things setup just the way you want. Anyways, have fun and leave feedback :)

=Changelog=
Version 2.0
  • Included an updated uber kernel
  • Included the most up to date CM kernel
  • Added an old PAC kernel that supports BLN (this is experimental)
  • Removed boot animations that had issues
  • Tweaks to screen flicker patch to make it work on more roms

Version 1.0
  • Aroma installer
  • Choose which kernel you would like to install
  • Fixed Beanstalk boot animation to be full screen
  • Choose from a ton of custom boot animations
  • Choose which patches you would like to install
  • Updated fixes for Video Camera (should work with most roms)
  • Hacked adobe flash player (must use DOLPHIN JET PACK)
  • Option to wipe cache and delvik cache
  • Fix any screen flickering that was present on 4.3 and 4.4 roms.
  • Set default CPU governor to "Wheatley" to avoid any wakelock issues.

=Instructions=
  • Simply Flash the zip in recovery and select the options you want.

=Download=
Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v2.zip - 102.16 MB

Thanks you guys, and happy flashing

-Polluti0n

Attachments

• Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v1.0.zip.screenshoot-1.jpg
    Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v1.0.zip.screenshoot-1.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 4,855
  • Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v1.0.zip.screenshoot-2.jpg
    Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v1.0.zip.screenshoot-2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 4,535
  • Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v1.0.zip.screenshoot-3.jpg
    Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v1.0.zip.screenshoot-3.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 4,405

bonez565

Jan 3, 2012
Trying it now, I'll let you know how it works.

Edit: I've been running it for about 5 mins now and nothing so far. I'll report back in about an hour. Awesome work Polluti0n!

Edit2: Still looking good an hour and a reboot later. I was able to trigger flickering pretty reliably by scrolling the baconreader widget and that seems to be gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: zzbillyg

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Thanks man. My main concern was getting rid of the flicker bug that came back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Sqb

wavv.drama

Mar 15, 2014
Montreal
Thank you for the updated version! I have been running patch_Adam's BeanStalk with you patch always and it helps incredibly! Just as a question, in the new version, is the Screen Flicker fix disabling permanently the Hardware Overlays like in your first version?

bonez565

Jan 3, 2012
Yes it just fixes a bug where the script quit before finding all the places to change to quote polluti0n in the other thread:

Well I think I found the problem. Still need to test some stuff out.

So in the build.prop @ line 118 you have the following value:
persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable=false (this is in a section called screen flicker and is one of the values to fix flickering)

then @ line 137 you have a value of:
persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable=true (obviously these are contradicting values)

Why my flicker fix isn't working:
My script scans the build.prop for "persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable=" if the value equals "true" then my script will change the value to "false", but if the value equals "false" then my script will simply exit.
So my script scans till it hits the first persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable=false and thinks everything is cool then exits. It never scans further and finds the contradicting value at line 137.

Let me do a little testing and work on writing a failsafe into my script that should fix this issue

-Polluti0n

Reactions: wavv.drama

ipprof

Oct 13, 2010
I've had it in five minutes. Need more time to know. Should the hw overlay in development be checked (it isn't) or does that become irrelevant with the patch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
On the latest unofficial CM 11 any of the kernels throws the endless error "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

Reactions: corey411on1

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
On the latest unofficial CM 11 any of the kernels throws the endless error "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

Thanks for the feedback. It's my understanding that there are a ton of changes to the new cm11. In fact we may get an official cm11 build but no promises. Anyways for now just use the cm11 kernel that came with the rom.

To revert back to the default kernel just dirty flash the rom again and the kernel will be overwritten. You may run into wakelock issues which is a common problem with cm kernel.

-Polluti0n

Reactions: Sqb and patch_Adams

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. It's my understanding that there are a ton of changes to the new cm11. In fact we may get an official cm11 build but no promises. Anyways for now just use the cm11 kernel that came with the rom.

To revert back to the default kernel just dirty flash the rom again and the kernel will be overwritten. You may run into wakelock issues which is a common problem with cm kernel.

-Polluti0n

No worries. Just wanted to let others know. I wonder if the kernel from BlownFuze's AOKP would work with the unofficial CM 11 builds? That rom has been extremely stable.

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
No worries. Just wanted to let others know. I wonder if the kernel from BlownFuze's AOKP would work with the unofficial CM 11 builds? That rom has been extremely stable.

If it does let me know and I will ask him if I can include it in the patch.

bonez565

Jan 3, 2012
Hey Polluti0n you should ask Patch about updating the link in his beanstalk thread as it still links to the v1 post.

Reactions: patch_Adams

bonez565

Jan 3, 2012
Hey Polluti0n I was checking the liquid smooth thread and saw your post on a v4 of the patch. Is this something than people on ROMs other than Liquid Smooth can use or is it ROM specific?

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Is just a flicker fix. ya you can use it on any rom. It was needed because there were some issues with the build.prop in LS.

DLXII

Oct 17, 2011
Strange.. I installed the patch to disable to flicker issue and rebooted the system. It just hung on the boot animation for a good 5 minutes and then ended up going into a boot loop. Not too sure what's going on?

cjpp78

Jul 23, 2009
Is there any method of dealing with flicker other than disabling HW overlays? I hate the stutter in the ui without HW overlays on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Polluti0n's Rom Patch​

=Disclaimer=
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE FLASHING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I HAVE TESTED THIS PROCEDURE BUT I CANT SAY IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. IF FLASHING THIS CAUSES YOUR CAT TO PEE ON YOUR BLANKET, I WILL NOT CLEAN IT UP.

=Description=
    This is a patch for 4.3 and 4.4 roms. The patch can take care of many things such as changing kernels, changing bootanimations, fixing video recording and much more. The beauty of this patch is that it uses the aroma installer, so it actually lets you decide what options/fixes you want to install. You could actually flash the patch and not install one single thing if you didn't want to. Also this patch can be flashed as many times as you want so you can get things setup just the way you want. Anyways, have fun and leave feedback :)

=Changelog=
    Version 2.0
    • Included an updated uber kernel
    • Included the most up to date CM kernel
    • Added an old PAC kernel that supports BLN (this is experimental)
    • Removed boot animations that had issues
    • Tweaks to screen flicker patch to make it work on more roms

Version 1.0
    • Aroma installer
    • Choose which kernel you would like to install
    • Fixed Beanstalk boot animation to be full screen
    • Choose from a ton of custom boot animations
    • Choose which patches you would like to install
    • Updated fixes for Video Camera (should work with most roms)
    • Hacked adobe flash player (must use DOLPHIN JET PACK)
    • Option to wipe cache and delvik cache
    • Fix any screen flickering that was present on 4.3 and 4.4 roms.
    • Set default CPU governor to "Wheatley" to avoid any wakelock issues.

=Instructions=
    • Simply Flash the zip in recovery and select the options you want.

=Download=
    Polluti0ns_rom_patch_v2.zip - 102.16 MB

Thanks you guys, and happy flashing

-Polluti0n
    Goodbye

Ok guys.

Its been real, its been fun, its been real fun.

So I sent my original note in for a insurance replacement (broken charge port), and T-mobile was out of OG Note replacements. So... They sent me a Note 2 for free!!! I really can't complain about the free upgrade, but I can't deny that I will be a little sad to be leaving this community. I just wanted to say thanks to all the Chefs/Devs who's roms I have enjoyed, and goodbye to this awesome family we have here.

If anyone has any questions regarding any of my previous work please PM me. I haven't unsubscribed to the note forums yet, and will be lurking around sometimes. Good luck to all of you, and keep pushing things forward.

-Polluti0n

P.S. I have a init.d script that was almost done. I was building it to address a lot of common issues with current 4.4 roms. If anyone wants to finish it, I can post it.
    This definitely needed its own thread...glad to see you got one up

HUGE thanks for your work!!!
    Hey Polluti0n you should ask Patch about updating the link in his beanstalk thread as it still links to the v1 post.

Good call. I will get on that.

It is irrelevant now. Glad its working guys.