[MOD] Enabling "Hidden" Quick Tiles

Search This thread
May 8, 2014
Hey guys ive followed the instructions but when I get to settings.db it shows an error. Any suggestions

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399514603987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399514603987.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 447
Reactions: initialtouch

ronniemation

Feb 19, 2011
i dont know what im doing wrong. ive followed everything and still nothing
evugave7.jpg

ronniemation

Feb 19, 2011
Id try a different SQlite3 db editor, its worked for a lot so far, try another and makes sure to reboot. If still having issues, Ill see what I can do to make a flash zip for you.

ok. thanks

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

Id try a different SQlite3 db editor, its worked for a lot so far, try another and makes sure to reboot. If still having issues, Ill see what I can do to make a flash zip for you.

so i even bought the sqlite editor... still no dice

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
ok. thanks

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

so i even bought the sqlite editor... still no dice

This is how it should appear. Also note the notification_active_app_list is the one needing be edited (not default one or the others) (Also, disregard the flashlight, working on that now). NO spaces and this list is case sensitive. Sometimes spaces are VERY hard to notice in this list.

ronniemation

Feb 19, 2011
This is how it should appear. Also note the notification_active_app_list is the one needing be edited (not default one or the others) (Also, disregard the flashlight, working on that now). NO spaces and this list is case sensitive. Sometimes spaces are VERY hard to notice in this list.

ive done this. still no dice. idk what else

anahataray

Mar 24, 2011
CO
A little old school, but do you happen to know if there is a tile for screen timeout?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mnuttall87

Apr 29, 2014
What does the EBook mode one do? I got some of the other ones to work - S Beam, Wifi Calling (well, toggle to show up) but can't seem to get the EBook one.

Stock Sprint Galaxy S5/rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is how to enable all the "hidden" quick tiles in the notification bar that seemed to have been disabled. Between versions of the S5 variants, several quick tiles seemed to be missing from some and enabled in others.

Remember, I am NOT responsible for stupidity or whining if YOU do something wrong, phone explodes, etc.

The modifications need Root, SQLite Editor (or equivalent app functioning) and a brain

-----Enabling Quick Tiles-----

1. Open up SQLite Editor

2. Select the Apps tab -> scroll down to Settings Storage and select

3. Click settings.db

4. Click system

5. Click search icon on top right (easiest method to filter) or scroll through db (harder way)

6. Type "notification" in the Filter Value field and press ok

7. Tap "notification_panel_active_app_list" -> select pencil icon on top to edit

8. In Value field, all enabled toggles are listed. Now, add the word "MobileData" (no spaces or quotation marks) to end of list (make sure to have NO SPACES between entries and semicolons separating each entry)

----> ex. Wifi;MobileData;WifiHotspot;Sound; ....

9. Once you add "MobileData", click save button.

10. Close SQLite editor and reboot/profit (see attached screenshot for what it should appear as)

This works for any quick settings tiles that are present, but you MUST type in the correct name (capital letters, no spaces, semicolons all count). One mistake will not show the tile after reboot.

----> instead of "MobileData", you can also "WifiHotspot" (already enabled in miked63017 zip for Hotspot Mod here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727127 ). Download Booster Quick tile is also able to be added but has no function yet (see my post on updates to status towards getting this working here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719582 )

-----Missing Tiles (so far noticed, if you know another please comment)-----
    *These are exact as they should appear, NO SPACES AND CAREFUL ABOUT CAPITAL LETTERS (case sensitive)

Wifi;MobileData;Data;Location;Bluetooth;SilentMode;Flashlight;Nfc;WiFiHotspot;ToddlerMode;AirplaneMode;CarMode;DormantMode;SBeam;PowerSaving;SmartStay;SmartScroll;AllShareCast;AutoRotate;MultiWindow;Sync;Brightness;Ebook;AirView;AirGesture;DoNotDisturb;QuickConnect;SFinder;SmartPause;Toolbox;TouchSensitivity;UltraPowerSaving;SmartNetwork;NetworkBooster

Big thanks to eyecon82 for pathway and miked63017 for Hotspot Mod additions.
    A little old school, but do you happen to know if there is a tile for screen timeout?

Ill look into for you.
    When you long press on wifi calling it takes you to the download booster settings page

+1

I believe, if not mistaken, since a T-MOBILE feature and not working on Sprint, it links to the Download Booster. When I was poking around the file where I found the toggle name for WifiCalling, I noticed that the pathways were identical to download booster. Its my theory, the two features are linked and, by enabling one, you can enable the other to work as well. I'm going to look into this soon as well. Hopefully good stuff towards getting NWBOOST too. If I get both to be working, I'll push a new enabled setting to access wifi calling check box in settings options. I have the option on my phone now for testing purposes but FC on clicking it. Also, clicking WifiCalling now enables both NWBOOSTER and WifiCalling toggles, same time, thus same path.
    First the Hotspot is "WiFiHotspot" so is there one for torch?

Haven't noticed one yet for torch, still seeing into this. Spent most of all day yesterday working on Download Booster. I think I found the disabled parts in our phones yet smali code isn't easy to decipher.
    How about a flashlight/torch toggle?

Sprint - Galaxy S5 - Moto X - Nexus 7 LTE

Great work. Hope you get that Torch toggle! You are a great asset to the community thanks for your work :good::good:

Going to be working on it soon. Shouldn't take long then, if successful, I'll push MOD apks here for you all to flash.