Battery draining on Cellular Network even no SIM card inserted

Search This thread

housry23

Sep 23, 2009
Springfield, OH
I've done a hard reset and disables all gestures so will run it for a day and see.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

I don't get poor battery life by any means. I got 13+ hours yesterday with 7+ hours of on screen time. I just want to know where that drain is coming from and if it can be avoided and yield better battery life.

Wassup Dan! Yes I'm getting terrible idle battery drain. When I am using the phone and with the screen on, it's fine, but when I leave it sit, the battery drains ridiculously. I think it's a poorly coded radio. I'm not 100% sure on that, but the "cell radio" is my #1 offender. It's using more % of the battery than anything including the screen. Last night, I went to bed with 67% battery. When I woke up 8 hours later it was down to 27%. 40% in 8 hours! GSam battery app says cell radio is causing it and that even though I have a strong signal, it's still searching for a signal. I hope @Entropy512 can get us some Omni, because I'm really loving the hardware and looks, but the software is not so good IMO.

crisahan

Mar 13, 2010
Zhongshan
Wassup Dan! Yes I'm getting terrible idle battery drain. When I am using the phone and with the screen on, it's fine, but when I leave it sit, the battery drains ridiculously. I think it's a poorly coded radio. I'm not 100% sure on that, but the "cell radio" is my #1 offender. It's using more % of the battery than anything including the screen. Last night, I went to bed with 67% battery. When I woke up 8 hours later it was down to 27%. 40% in 8 hours! GSam battery app says cell radio is causing it and that even though I have a strong signal, it's still searching for a signal. I hope @Entropy512 can get us some Omni, because I'm really loving the hardware and looks, but the software is not so good IMO.

guess all we can do is wait and hope for the better kernel and custom ROM then...:(

ald-e

Sep 22, 2008
Hey Guys,

I just managed to lower the consumption a lot by

• using a alternative launcher (nova launcher, Oppo launcher disabled via Titanium Backup) and
  • disabling the lockscreen.
I had around 700mA all the time and now have max. 300mA when the screen is on and around 20mA when screen is of (wifi on though!).
You should give it a try.

Hey Guys,

I just managed to lower the consumption a lot by

• using a alternative launcher (nova launcher, Oppo launcher disabled via Titanium Backup) and
  • disabling the lockscreen.
I had around 700mA all the time and now have max. 300mA when the screen is on and around 20mA when screen is of (wifi on though!).
You should give it a try.

Any good lock screen alternative ? I tried some of them it doesn't have music player embedded on lockscreen.

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So what's your secret @dc82?
    Strange you have the OppoKinectService listed in your battery stats, I have all the gestures on and never see that.
    But I, and I think many others, aren't seeing anywhere near the screen battery time you're getting.

What else have you configured/disabled? Which software version?

i normarlly have over 3hrs screen on time during my 1st week with 7a.

phone used time from 17~30 hrs depends on my usage. but generally i think the battery is very good.
    Screenshot please :fingers-crossed:

Shows a little over 6 hours. I didn't take another screen shot before reseting and recharging the phone but by end of it I was right at 7 hours.