Something to consider regarding the Orange neo

Search This thread

scary123

May 3, 2007
I just scratched the orange plastic top cover of my new Wild Orange Neo, and it is white plastic underneath a thin coating of orange color. this is disappointing, because I chose plastic over the metal one so I could buff out scratches when they occur. With regards to normal watches, I like stainless steel cases the best because I know how to remove any dings or scratches in the finish. I typically do not buy any watch with any type of coating on the surface which prevents you from being able to refinish it.

One thing that strikes me as odd, is that the lower half of the case looks like it is solid orange, not coated orange.

****** It appears, thankfully, that I was technically wrong about it being white plastic underneath a surface coating. After studying both the orange and black ones after scratching them, is that the plastic is of the type that turns white when scraped. As long as the remaining surface is rough or little edged of it are sticking out, they appear white. You can remedy that with 600 grit wet or dry black sandpaper (or any other favorite watch case refinisher that you are used to using). It just needs to be a smooth surface again, to prevent it from looking white. ******

I feel much better about them now. Sorry about that. (I don't however, like the ease with which the bodies are scratched)

Last edited: