[Q] Warranty Pickle

Search This thread

robbievman

Mar 19, 2009
Hi
Advice needed.

I have returned my phone back to Vodafone as there was a crackle on speakers all the time. Tried usual remedies of hoover and compressed air, different ROM. So I sent back as only few months old.
I had a rooted phone so put s-off on and returned to stock and locked bootloader etc I did not however return to stock Vodafone version just stock European. I got a text explaining out of warratny and I need to pay £190. Oh dear. Probably should gone one step further and put vodafone fimware version on.
I haven't contacted the reapair centre yet.
So do I

1. Be awkward and ask for written evidence of tamper and how would effect the speaker crackle (or is it you have voided warranty end of conversation?).
2. Try HTC repair
3. Get the screw drivers out and try remove the speaker and DIY
4, Restore the phone back with old Vodafaone stuff on and try again?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I

robbievman

Mar 19, 2009
Yes. Both these suggestions sprang to mind.
If I get the device back and return to stock do you think they will have a record that it was in before or does it not matter?
I think that may be best solution rather than trying HTC?

Cheers

robbievman

Mar 19, 2009
Does anyone know where I stand with the Sale of Goods Act. Can Vodafone flatly refuse to repair even though there is a stock ROM albeit not a Vodafone shipped one?

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
If you're in the EU, you should be fine, but I strongly recommend returning it to stock (you can leave s-off) to reduce the argument. If it's covered by consumer protection law, then losing the manufacturers warranty is irrelevant, the retailer is responsible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd ask why? You could act dumb and argue that's how you got the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Consumer protection laws - return it to stock and give it back to your retailer.