[SS/DS] List of bugs present in 4.3 update

Search This thread

ericadiew

Apr 26, 2014
Semarang
solved, I'm flashing back to stock with flash tools and its going normal, maybe there something break part when lastday I flashing from CWM. :laugh:

dxkiller

May 12, 2014
thank you sony for ****ing my xperia m

updated to 4.3 and my phone now lags worse than my old 200mb ram galaxy y..... cameras improved a lot though my phone heats up a lot and battery drains faster ......

Reactions: SDee96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, we got Android 4.3 in both Xperia M and Xperia M dual, but we also got some bugs in that update, and I want to build a list of these bugs so I can compile a list of possible fixes soon (some of them already have fixes). I have interest only in problem reproducible by all Xperia M/Xperia M dual owners, so, thing like "my battery now is draining faster", "system is slow after the update", will be ignored. So far, searching other threads in XDA and by personal experience with 4.3, I found the following bugs:
    • Calculator app was replaced by AOSP one, which is ugly since it doesn't fit with the new UI
    • Themes engine is broken. You can download themes but you can't install them
    • Cost Saving Options that were present in the stock SMS app from 4.1.2/4.2.2 firmware are gone in 4.3 update
    • [Xperia M dual only] Mobile data traffic arrows are misplaced, overlapping with the network signal bars (see attachment)

These aren't bugs, but things that may be enhanced:
    • Although the new camera app is compatible with Social Camera extensions, we don't have the option to search for more addons
    • Some menus in the settings app still uses the old black style instead of the new white style
    Fixed Conversations.apk || StatusBar Network in/out

I am here with fixed cost savings option in Conversations.apk of Google_Android_4.3 for Xperia™ M Single Sim.
    Dual Sim version will be up by tonight.
    Dual Sim version uploaded.

Check attachment for download.
    Also activated the option to send a blank message if needed.

I have changed the in/out arrow from white to blue so that they are visible in dual sim status-bar.

I don't have the 4.3 firmware flashed so can not test this.
    Test and report if it works or not.

Guys please test and report if the mods work or not?

I hope I do not need to post the steps to perform in order to use these.

Credit : @DaRk-L0rD
    Guys I am back with another fix...

This fix corrects the data in out arrows in Dual 4.3 firmware.
    It will also fix few Xperia themes errors.

Goto /system/vender/overlay/
    Select and delete each and every apk there.
    Restart your mobile and enjoy the fix.

Note: Deleting com.android.systemui-res.apk will do the job but I recommend to delete all the apps so that xperia themes work well.

uploadfromtaptalk1397232711670.jpg

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk
    i tried to install system ui for xmd but failed. so you'll have to tell me process pls

It won't work.
    Check 2 or 3 posts above.
    I have given another solution.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Here you've got easy way to enable cost saving, no need to deodex, only root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703473

Check second post.
    The apks I have attached also need only root.
    Just push them to system/app and overwrite the original apk and set correct permissions as rw_-r__-r__

Restart your device and the work is done.

can timeshift video work on xperia m ?

no,4k and timeshift video wont work