FORUMS

[RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-08]

1,802 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,860

By dhacker29, Inactive Recognized Developer on 11th May 2014, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2014, 02:48 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thanks guys, finally got it to flash on my Razr M, dhacker, you sir are awesome

Sent from my DROID Razr M using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CamoCustom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoCustom Ad-Free
12th May 2014, 06:57 PM |#22  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Can't get this to work. I've flash cwm as follows:

1. Go into fastboot mode.
2. Issue fastboot flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
3. Reboot and then attempt to reboot into recovery and it keeps going back to the stock recovery no matter what I do.

My bootloader is unlocked and I verified it still was after the KK update and in fastboot mode, it still shows "unlocked", so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

I used TWRP under JB, but there hasn't been a KK TWRP released yet, but I have used CWM in the past on other phones, so I'm not completely ignorant (although others would tend to disagree! ).

I need to install root and I always sideloaded it since I had an unlocked bootloader.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
12th May 2014, 07:20 PM |#23  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2,778

Donate to Me
More
Have you tried to flash recovery and then reboot immediately into custom recovery (without boot rom first)? Probably you did but it's not completely clear from your post.
12th May 2014, 07:23 PM |#24  
Flag Columbus, OH

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeljko1234

Have you tried to flash recovery and then reboot immediately into custom recovery (without boot rom first)? Probably you did but it's not completely clear from your post.

How do you do boot immediately into custom recovery? Fast boot only lets me do "reboot" or "reboot-bootloader".

If I reboot and then hold down the vol-up and power button, I get the boot menu. When I select "recovery" it takes me to the stock recovery.
12th May 2014, 07:29 PM |#25  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2,778

Donate to Me
More
As you said, with key combination. Probably rom has script to flash stock recovery during/after boot. Try with all three keys as you described for stock recovery.
12th May 2014, 07:35 PM |#26  
Flag Columbus, OH

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeljko1234

As you said, with key combination. Probably rom has script to flash stock recovery during/after boot. Try with all three keys as you described for stock recovery.

I've tried all combos vol-down + power, vol-down + vol-up + power (which reboots the phone) and vol-up+power (which brings up the boot menu).

Apparently though, the image was corrupt or something. I downloaded it again, flashed it and it worked this time.

Thanks for the help!
12th May 2014, 10:30 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I had that same issue, after flashing with fadtboot, then use fast boot command "fastboot reboot" and when you press enter immediately hold volume up button

Sent from my DROID Razr M using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CamoCustom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoCustom Ad-Free
14th May 2014, 08:33 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
As a puss that just bricked his HD last night and getting a replacement tomorrow and isn't real familiar with adb, is there a way to make a script kinda like Matt's tool that will do this ? Thanks.
Tom

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Nm I'll just rename it cwm and flash it Matt's utility. Should have thought of that first.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
14th May 2014, 06:59 PM |#29  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I've noticed more then once, when I reboot into recovery, I get just a black screen. Anyone else?
The Following User Says Thank You to hackthis02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hackthis02 Ad-Free
14th May 2014, 07:10 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackthis02

I've noticed more then once, when I reboot into recovery, I get just a black screen. Anyone else?

Did you do the motorola kitkat update? this is only for that update.

From the OP:

"This is ONLY for users that have upgraded to stock KitKat
You must have an unlocked bootloader to use custom recovery"
14th May 2014, 07:23 PM |#31  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXKSSnapper

Did you do the motorola kitkat update? this is only for that update.

From the OP:

"This is ONLY for users that have upgraded to stock KitKat
You must have an unlocked bootloader to use custom recovery"

Yeah. it's almost a 50/50 if it works vs just a black screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)