[Q] Returning htc one to stock problem after problem

Search This thread

jwmccarrier

May 11, 2014
Okay, so I rooted my HTC One M7 AT&T, got S-OFF, tried a couple different ROMs, wanted to put it to GE so i changed the CID, which somehow also changed my hboot to 1.54, and now when i try to return the whole thing to stock using a guide i found online.
i can't get my computer to recognize my phone when it goes to the bootloader. when using the phone normally such as texting, facebook whatever it works, i can get to the internal storage. BUT when i try to do anything with fastboot it will not work. it says <waiting for device> forever.
so basically i dont know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME

yoda1998

Apr 4, 2014
Okay, so I rooted my HTC One M7 AT&T, got S-OFF, tried a couple different ROMs, wanted to put it to GE so i changed the CID, which somehow also changed my hboot to 1.54, and now when i try to return the whole thing to stock using a guide i found online.
i can't get my computer to recognize my phone when it goes to the bootloader. when using the phone normally such as texting, facebook whatever it works, i can get to the internal storage. BUT when i try to do anything with fastboot it will not work. it says <waiting for device> forever.

Make sure you have the correct drivers installed. Have you used HTC Sync Manager before?

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford

What Windows OS are you using?
Are you using USB 3?

Read here

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52135024&postcount=2

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I am using Windows 8.1
No I am not using USB 3. I tried all ports on my computer, and even a different computer.

This is how i got the drivers to work on windows 8.1
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49131915

use the old (dirty) solution

* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
I repeat this is a REALLY DIRTY solution that may harm your system, personal data, hardware and/or cat.
Here are the steps:
0. Have a Linux or Windows LiveCD just in case something goes wrong
1. Download and extract files from attachment
2. Navigate to the folder corresponding to your system version (x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64 bit)
3. Right-click franken-usb.bat and click "Run as Administrator"
5. Wait for it to finish and reboot the system. If everything went fine, you will boot your system successfully
6. Install ADB/Fastboot drivers just like on Windows 8
7. Connect your phone in Fastboot mode to your USB 2.0 port and check if it works
8. Enjoy and wait for official fix

How does it work:
It's not any kind of magic - it just replaces Windows 8.1's usbhub.sys and usbport.sys with Windows 8's ones.
Old files don't check for BOS descriptor so Fastboot can work.

Script updated - it should now actually copy the files but please double check if files were copied to C:\Windows\system32\Drivers!

Hope it helps you!

Regards!

Download this >> http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2500592&d=1389122072