FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] NFC loop after flashing latest Dr Ketan 4.4.2 ROM

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By AlistairWAM, Junior Member on 10th May 2014, 11:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I love Dr Ketan's custom ROM, so I was keen to update to his latest kit kat 4.4.2 version. I have been using the previous version of this on my N7100 for many months and it's great.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2472270
I followed the instructions precisly but when my phone rebooted after flashing the ROM, it sticks with a recurring message "unfortunately nfc service has stopped". I rebooted but the problem persists. I can't enter my password to access the phone. I have a recovery image of course but would rather fix if possible.
Help please.
Thanks.
 
 
10th May 2014, 03:34 PM |#2  
biokiller's Avatar
Member
Flag ho chi minh city
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Try reset factory in Recovery Mode.

Gửi từ GT-N7100 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
11th May 2014, 09:26 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Thanks that works
Quote:
Originally Posted by biokiller

Try reset factory in Recovery Mode.

Gửi từ GT-N7100 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I cleared for new ROM in CWM and that fixed the NFC problem. However, I can't face hours of setting up apps again as I lost all my data. Titanium pro won't work as Dr Ketan's ROM has no debug settings to set usb debug as required.
I restored my CWM backup and wound back to Android 4.3. There seem to be only minor improvements in 4.4 so not worth the effort.
11th May 2014, 09:51 PM |#4  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,416
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlistairWAM

...
Titanium pro won't work as Dr Ketan's ROM has no debug settings to set usb debug as required.
......

Dr. Ketan's rom has everything needed and of course USB debugging in Developer Options
12th May 2014, 03:55 AM |#5  
biokiller's Avatar
Member
Flag ho chi minh city
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlistairWAM

Thanks for the advice. I cleared for new ROM in CWM and that fixed the NFC problem. However, I can't face hours of setting up apps again as I lost all my data. Titanium pro won't work as Dr Ketan's ROM has no debug settings to set usb debug as required.
I restored my CWM backup and wound back to Android 4.3. There seem to be only minor improvements in 4.4 so not worth the effort.

To active Usb debug mode: enter Setting, About, tapping on Build Number 5-7 times. Recommended to use Team win Recovery. Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 10:04 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile found the developer options at last!
Quote:
Originally Posted by biokiller

To active Usb debug mode: enter Setting, About, tapping on Build Number 5-7 times. Recommended to use Team win Recovery. Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much. I never knew this before. These settings are well hidden!

Many thanks to all who have replied.

Alistair
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes