Why I`m happy with my M8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

clockwork.satan

Nov 17, 2010
Totally! There are people out there who just like to moan about things regardless of how good they are.

I upgraded from the HTC One X to the M8 and find myself constantly impressed with everything about it; it's easily the best phone I've owned and (i think) trounces everything else on the market right now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
Even if I wanted to, I just don't think I can sacrifice the speakers for those on any other phone..once u go boomsound u never go back lol..and have never had a smoother experience on any other android phone(had galaxy series1-4, m7)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't understand why anyone would complain -- maybe I'm just lucky but I don't have the defects that others had -- same thing with my M7 (although it developed the purple Camera tint -- now that I have my M8, I can have it replaced).

I owned a Galaxy S5 for about 3 weeks before I got my M8 (my supplier's fault: he took forever to get me one). Not impressed with the S5. It always felt cheap in hand and while the camera and screen were great, I could never get over how flimsy it felt. Honestly, my logitech G700s mouse feels sturdier in comparison.

Meanwhile, the build quality and materials used in the M8 -- as well as the ongoing refinement of Sense -- puts it far ahead of anything Samsung, Sony (comes closest), LG or any of the others have.

Regarding Sense -- do any of you realize that Samsung's stock dialer on the S5 is nearly the same thing it had on the Galaxy S2 but with slightly different colors? It's crazy -- Gingerbread design in a KitKat world. Also, the fingerprint scanner on the S5 is a joke -- I own an iPhone 5s and I'm shocked that Samsung bothered to ship a phone with such crappy fingerprint recognition just to "compete" with Apple -- and it's not like TouchID is perfect. Regardless, pitting their fingerprint scanners head-to-head was like pitting a kindergarten kid (Samsung) against Lebron James (Apple) in a game of basketball. It's a travesty.

Also, I've seen numerous reviews comparing the S5 and the M8 and 9/10 were all in favor of the M8. One exception was GSM Arena (quite possibly paid off by Samsung), which actually claimed TouchWiz was better than Sense. I laughed so hard at that one. GSM Arena has been shilling for Samsung since at least the Omnia days; I stupidly bought one back then because I believed its review.

With respect to the Camera -- by now, consumers are sophisticated enough to know that the camera megapixel count isn't that big of a deal given the use cases for most camera phones -- I can't even remember the last time I transferred a phone camera photo to my PC. If I want to go nature-hiking and take photos, I have a DSLR for that.

To conclude, owning the S5 always felt like owning the 2nd-best thing out there. Now that I have my M8, I feel like I own the best Android device available.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprocketty

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I don't understand why anyone would complain -- maybe I'm just lucky but I don't have the defects that others had -- same thing with my M7 (although it developed the purple Camera tint -- now that I have my M8, I can have it replaced).

I owned a Galaxy S5 for about 3 weeks before I got my M8 (my supplier's fault: he took forever to get me one). Not impressed with the S5. It always felt cheap in hand and while the camera and screen were great, I could never get over how flimsy it felt. Honestly, my logitech G700s mouse feels sturdier in comparison.

Meanwhile, the build quality and materials used in the M8 -- as well as the ongoing refinement of Sense -- puts it far ahead of anything Samsung, Sony (comes closest), LG or any of the others have.

Regarding Sense -- do any of you realize that Samsung's stock dialer on the S5 is nearly the same thing it had on the Galaxy S2 but with slightly different colors? It's crazy -- Gingerbread design in a KitKat world. Also, the fingerprint scanner on the S5 is a joke -- I own an iPhone 5s and I'm shocked that Samsung bothered to ship a phone with such crappy fingerprint recognition just to "compete" with Apple -- and it's not like TouchID is perfect. Regardless, pitting their fingerprint scanners head-to-head was like pitting a kindergarten kid (Samsung) against Lebron James (Apple) in a game of basketball. It's a travesty.

Also, I've seen numerous reviews comparing the S5 and the M8 and 9/10 were all in favor of the M8. One exception was GSM Arena (quite possibly paid off by Samsung), which actually claimed TouchWiz was better than Sense. I laughed so hard at that one. GSM Arena has been shilling for Samsung since at least the Omnia days; I stupidly bought one back then because I believed its review.

With respect to the Camera -- by now, consumers are sophisticated enough to know that the camera megapixel count isn't that big of a deal given the use cases for most camera phones -- I can't even remember the last time I transferred a phone camera photo to my PC. If I want to go nature-hiking and take photos, I have a DSLR for that.

To conclude, owning the S5 always felt like owning the 2nd-best thing out there. Now that I have my M8, I feel like I own the best Android device available.

So if anyone prefers touchwiz over sense you find that ridiculous?

Overall the camera on the S5 is better. Why arent you giving credit where its due? It seem that you try hard to discredit one phone over the other. Do you carry a DSLR everywhere you go? I dont think so.

I agree with the finger scanner, the one on the S5 is crappy. Theres a new firmware which improves it apparently.

So if anyone prefers touchwiz over sense you find that ridiculous?

Overall the camera on the S5 is better. Why arent you giving credit where its due? It seem that you try hard to discredit one phone over the other. Do you carry a DSLR everywhere you go? I dont think so.

I agree with the finger scanner, the one on the S5 is crappy. Theres a new firmware which improves it apparently.

Yup. Touchwiz is absolute garbage. Heck, even the Samsung fanbois in the S5 threads uninstall it for something else.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Then you do not understand different opinions. You condemn GSMarena because you think they should prefer sense. Thats kinda funny.

Nope. If it looks like garbage and smells like garbage, it's garbage. GSM Arena is a known shill for Samesung. Come on. You're letting your fanboism get the better of you.

I'm through replying to you. Waste of time. It's hard to convince people who have bad taste that they have bad taste. If you really like crap, go ahead and like it. I won't stop you and my opinion shouldn't matter. Wallow in the garbage for all I care.

Last edited:

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Nope. If it looks like garbage and smells like garbage, it's garbage. GSM Arena is a known shill for Samesung. Come on. You're letting your fanboism get the better of you.

I'm through replying to you. Waste of time.

Good. I think i see why your comments didnt make sense now. Night!

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

It's hard to convince people who have bad taste that they have bad taste. If you really like crap, go ahead and like it. I won't stop you and my opinion shouldn't matter. Wallow in the garbage for all I care.

To each his own. I'm just grateful that i have the ability to understand and respect others opinion. Thank God.

Good. I think i see why your comments didnt make sense now. Night!

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

To each his own. I'm just grateful that i have the ability to understand and respect others opinion. Thank God.

Oh, I respect others' opinions just fine. It's just yours that I don't and nothing you nor anyone in the cosmos can make me change my mind. A smarter person wouldn't even be bothered by anything I had to say. You clearly just want people to adhere to what you're saying but really, that's not going to happen.

And it's funny you thank God at the end of your feeble rebuttal --- religion has been used as an excuse for all manner of intolerance and persecution for millennia.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Oh, I respect others' opinions just fine. It's just yours that I don't and nothing you nor anyone in the cosmos can make me change my mind. A smarter person wouldn't even be bothered by anything I had to say. You clearly just want people to adhere to what you're saying but really, that's not going to happen.

And it's funny you thank God at the end of your feeble rebuttal --- religion has been used as an excuse for all manner of intolerance and persecution for millennia.
Ok. Its a happy M8 thread so lets get back on topic. I dont want you to be anymore upset :)

snowwhite007

Jan 17, 2011
Scotland
I love my M8 and I also have an S5 and Z2 as I run a tech website. First off the M8 we have had no faults that I can see but maybe if u actually tried to look for them I'd find something but why the hell would I bother doing that?

The camera is absolutely fine for what I need it for as if I'm going somewhere I know I need pictures then I'll take my DSLR. Also you already know what the camera is all about before buying so what where people expecting? Overall I'm satisfied with the HTC One and on a side note the S5 and Z2 are also awesome.

Glad someone started a positive thread as XDA often gets filled with nitpick threads.

vegetaleb

I am very happy with the M8 over M7.
Though with the double tap to wake screen they shouldn't have making it too sensitive,same goes for the volume buttons,too sensitive,too big (some car holder will not like it) and badly situated (they should have switched places with the SD slot).
Of course the camera could have been about 8 to 12mp, it's not that the M8's camera is bad but sometimes you want to zoom the photo for details and you can't.
Screen is not as good as M7 under sunlight,perhaps it's just as good as One X.
But hey the good things of this phone outweigh these minor details:
-Large incredible screen
-Louder speakers
-Higher audio quality over earphones/headphones
-Super blazing fast UI
-Grey Metal color with titanium borders!
-SD slot
-60fps video recording and slow motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i keep reading other threads and posts about why people aren't happy with their M8..........i for one am extremely happy with mine in fact i have not been happier with a phone since i got an 02 xda exec (who remembers them)

i don't care if my screen may look a bit yellower than someone else's i am not one to compare things anyway i can see everything i want on the screen i have and can do everything from reading my books surfing the web play games and do work .......im happy

my battery lasts all day the way i use my phone ...i don't need 140hours of use and 28 days standby .......

i don't care if my grey is lighter or darker than anyone else's....im happy with the colour i have

my build quality seems fine ....nothing coming off or rattling .....im happy

I'm happy with sense don't need a gpe

i don't need a mega mega pixel camera i have a nikon d600 for that ....the camera is fine for what i would ever need it for u want more megapixels either buy a dslr or a nokia or sony

i have had a shed load of phones through the years and all of them bought because i wanted them regardless of looks style peer pressure or sales patter i make a decision and go buy it then use it as it was intended to be used ....but what i don't do is gripe gripe gripe .....far to many people nit pick and to a certain extent may well put others off buying that model i bet that for every one person on this forum that has a problem/gripe/nitpick there are 100`s that love it but you rarely hear from them

as a side note my phone was bought from cex in the uk along with a s5 for my son and he loves his as much as i love mine so it really is horses for courses.......of course mines better coz i can and have, unlocked boot loader, rooted, s-offed, changed cid/mid, sim unlocked and flashed ARHD and he can't !!!!
    its a perfect phone. i don't know what the hell there is to complain about really. if it got 100 MP camera someone would complain about something . else. for a smaller battery than my G2 it sure as hell last just as long...... oh its too long.... ohh the bezels are too big. blah blah for real? lmao. let me shake my phone to see if something rattles. people do all sorts of crazy things. trust me i had every phone known to man, and this phone is close to perfect. would i take a bigger battery or camera sure. does it hinder the phone at all. def not! and sense 6 is the best version yet

i am also a happy M8 user :good:
    I've been using my M8 for nearly 2 weeks now.

Coming from Galaxy S4, i can tell the difference is abysmal. The speed, the quality of the screen, the way the phone manages the different task, the battery life is amazing! The pictures are good too.

Overall i feel satisfied with the change :)