Bell Releasing M7 Sense 6 May 12th. Question

Search This thread

Howie3045

Aug 19, 2012
Hey, just seen that sense 6 will get pushed out beginning may 12th in canada. My question is that my phone has an unlocked bootloader, is rooted, but not s-off. I havn't installed a new rom. has the same as after i unlocked bootloader. Will I be able to install the update when it is pushed?

UCFour

May 3, 2013
Hey, just seen that sense 6 will get pushed out beginning may 12th in canada. My question is that my phone has an unlocked bootloader, is rooted, but not s-off. I havn't installed a new rom. has the same as after i unlocked bootloader. Will I be able to install the update when it is pushed?

Until you have the stock recovery ...you can install the update when it is pushed
As you've stated that you phone is rooted then you might've flashed TWRP or CWM to do it so
flash back the stock recovery of your model and you are good to go...

Howie3045

Aug 19, 2012
i have the latest hboot as well. i didnt actually unlock and root until after the last OTA update.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Bell Canada HTC One, want to flash the stock recovery back so that i can get the Sense 6 update. Phone is rooted and unlocked with HTC dev but does not have S-off. been running into issues with hboot 1.56 in that regard and cant get S-off to work. Anyway. From what I gather the OTA update wont work without the stock recovery. How do I know which one to install

You need the stock recovery that match your fw version. I.e if you are on 3.23.666.1 then you need the recovery from this version.

Here is a collection of stock recovery. If you can't find yours, you can extract the recovery.img from the previous ota. The recovery packed in the upcoming ota update might also work.

Reactions: Howie3045

Howie3045

Aug 19, 2012
my software number now says 4.19.666.8. im as up to date as i can be through bell so if i flash an old recovery will it cause problems? or will i just get an OTA update to bring it back to the latest version

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
my software number now says 4.19.666.8. im as up to date as i can be through bell so if i flash an old recovery will it cause problems? or will i just get an OTA update to bring it back to the latest version

then flash the 4.19.666.8 stock recovery. an older recovery might work, not for sure. Or the recovery packed in the upcoming ota might also work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howie3045

Howie3045

Aug 19, 2012
I think I'm a little over my head now. Lol. I think I'm also missing some of the apps that were removed after the HTC dev unlock. Not good.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

alray

May 22, 2012
I think I'm a little over my head now. Lol. I think I'm also missing some of the apps that were removed after the HTC dev unlock. Not good.

you'll probably have to restore these app if you want to update. The ota updater script md5 check these apps. If they are not on your phone, the ota installation will probably fail because of MD5 mismatch.

See this post from arhd if you want more details

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
Ota update will not apply until and unless you have pure stock rom.
e.g. If your phone is pure stock you unlock its bootloader it will remove some apps which are installed in preload. Now if you relock the bootloader and flash stock recovery the ota update will not be applied as during flashing ota update check for these apps whether they are installed in preload or not. For ota updates to applied succesfully you need to run RUU of your model then flash ota.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Howie3045

Aug 19, 2012
alright ive found a nandroid backup for bell 3.23.666.1 and i also have the recovery to go with it. if i run that nandroid and flash the recovery do ya'll think i can then get the OTA?

Howie3045

Aug 19, 2012
alright i tried this any couldnt get it to work. i flashed the recovery then rebooted phone. it asked to do the 4.19.666.8 update then rebooted, went to recovery but it was still TWRP recovery and not stock. so before getting to far involved i reflashed the nandroid i made this morning.

the whole not being able to s-off with hboot 1.56 is a bit of a pain. ive tried rumrunner and firewater with no luck.

so troubleshooting purposes i should add that i dont care about the tampered bar or anything like that. i dont have to send it back i just want the sense 6 ota. l

Last edited:

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
alright i tried this any couldnt get it to work. i flashed the recovery then rebooted phone. it asked to do the 4.19.666.8 update then rebooted, went to recovery but it was still TWRP recovery and not stock. so before getting to far involved i reflashed the nandroid i made this morning.

the whole not being able to s-off with hboot 1.56 is a bit of a pain. ive tried rumrunner and firewater with no luck.

so troubleshooting purposes i should add that i dont care about the tampered bar or anything like that. i dont have to send it back i just want the sense 6 ota. l

I already told you run ruu of your phone. Then you will be able to apply ruu.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
alright i tried this any couldnt get it to work. i flashed the recovery then rebooted phone. it asked to do the 4.19.666.8 update then rebooted, went to recovery but it was still TWRP recovery and not stock

Then you didn't flash stock recovery... Either the recovery you flashed was not stock, or you didn't flash it right.

Howie3045

Aug 19, 2012
Now that I think about it after the flash it didn't do anything so I had to hold the power for 10 seconds. After that I panicked and just reverted back to my nandroid from that morning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bell Canada HTC One, want to flash the stock recovery back so that i can get the Sense 6 update. Phone is rooted and unlocked with HTC dev but does not have S-off. been running into issues with hboot 1.56 in that regard and cant get S-off to work. Anyway. From what I gather the OTA update wont work without the stock recovery. How do I know which one to install

You need the stock recovery that match your fw version. I.e if you are on 3.23.666.1 then you need the recovery from this version.

Here is a collection of stock recovery. If you can't find yours, you can extract the recovery.img from the previous ota. The recovery packed in the upcoming ota update might also work.

then flash the 4.19.666.8 stock recovery. an older recovery might work, not for sure. Or the recovery packed in the upcoming ota might also work.