Beware! screen is not scratch resistant at all.

Search This thread

carlitos29

Jun 26, 2008
Manati
Privacy Screen Protector

I must have a protector on my screen and this spigen privacy one goes really well with their white slim armor imo!

Pic:

uP_L6H1gZFiCWtjn8ven_lO5u8QBmkPODw1OctboL_U=w328-h162-p-no

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
Haven't use a screen protector on my phones in years now. No scratches yet. Phones goes in the right pocket, anything else in the left. I do work in an office, so i'm not out an about in the elements which could definitely play a role.

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
Looks like scratches from piece of sand that was in your pocket.
One tiny grain of sand/dirt will scratch **** out of it with ease even with gorilla glass

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Last edited:

Br4nd3n

Sep 20, 2013
No phone is scratch proof.. I don't understand the purpose of these threads. If you don't want to scratch your phone, than treat it like the price tag it's worth. Why would anyone put a $600+ dollar piece of equipment in a pocket with keys, or in fact anything. I understand it can be done on accident and unintentionally, but common-sense goes a long way with these types of problems. Lesson learned.

johnkirchner

Aug 14, 2010
Montana
I agree. I get irritated when people just toss their phones down, instead of simply setting them down.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5.

baldwyn

Apr 6, 2010
I bought one of the knock-off S-View covers for about $20 on ebay. I couldn't stand the S-View app as my touches wouldn't register through the cover's window, but I love having the screen extra protected by it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
I agree. I get irritated when people just toss their phones down, instead of simply setting them down.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5.

Kinda same

No phone is scratch proof.. I don't understand the purpose of these threads. If you don't want to scratch your phone, than treat it like the price tag it's worth. Why would anyone put a $600+ dollar piece of equipment in a pocket with keys, or in fact anything. I understand it can be done on accident and unintentionally, but common-sense goes a long way with these types of problems. Lesson learned.

It was a accident and it's a experience for others to not expose their phones to sharp objects as its not what you call scratch resistant/proof etc.and yeah I never use my phone without protectors or cover this was the first time... :#
Note: as far as I know this is supposed to be scratch resistant

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Opie Knievel

Dec 18, 2012
Brodhead, KY
I wanted a tempered glass protector but it wouldn't fit under my Otterbox Defender series case. I'm gonna try this one for a while. See how it holds up. It's an iVisor XT. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399843006492.jpg
    1399843006492.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 142

Martinjv71

Aug 8, 2007
Chicagoland
Did I read THIS right? He put it a pocketful of keys and thought nothing would happen? OMG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
Pretty sure that your pocket had sand.
Gorilla glass has a hardness of about 5 on the Mohs hardness scale.
Anything higher than that will scratch. Quartz sand has a hardness of 7. Metal has about 4 or 5.
Rookie mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
These phones are very valuable, and they cost money to maintain. This is no surprise to anyone. I have an Otterbox Commuter case on my phone, with a screen protector from I dont remember what company. I worked in a pastry shop for a year and was constantly around tons of sugary dirt, and had powder on my clothes and hands all the time. The otterbox performed outstandingly, and all that was required of me was to use common sense: Don't expect your phone to remain immaculate forever when you fully know it will not, but make preservative efforts so as to make it last as long as you can.

Most phone contracts last for what? Two years? You can be careful with an expensive device that you need to keep for that long. Just be respectful of it, don't be a wild animal throwing it around, and just act like the adult you are. No matter what you do, if you drive your car, it will eventually get some dirt on it. Same thing with a phone. Just be a good owner, and take care of the phone (car), knowing that it will be taking a bit of a beating while you own it. There is no need for threads this long about how upset we get about scratches. It's part of the phone contract. You get a new one every once and a while. Just relax, and treat it with respect.

Yeah ...well said ..still haven't got my car yet but yeah ..lol.
It's that I never use any of my phones without case and protector. .this was just a mistake and ...screen protectors weren't available at that time ..atleast they weren't in my reach...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
A tip to hide hard or bad or a group of hard scratches.
Ingredients/requirements

Deodorant
Cleaning cloth
Perfume
Tempered glass protector

The procedure. ..
...clean with a cloth..
spray deodorant
wipe it ...
then spray perfume on the scratches
Don't not wipe
Then apply a tempered glass protector WITHOUT WIPING THE perfume that you sprayed ....

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
I always put phones in my pocket, without screen protectors. I work in an industrial setting and not once have I ever had those kinds of scuffs/scratches like shown in the photos here.

Top Liked Posts