XT910S can I use XT910 ROMS?

Search This thread

panamamike

Jan 27, 2011
I'm use XT910s (GSM).
You can install on it.
But you have to erase cid for install other country device's firmware (GSM).

Interesting. Does this mean every time you power on, you have to do the power vol. up vol. down? I thought you needed to keep the CID.
Also, my understanding is that you can flash non-official ROMs and keep the CID. Is that the case or are you using non official ROMs?

I found a site online suggesting to flash the international ROM on the Razr, then you can go from there, but the links to the apps to do the upgrade don't work for me. Any thoughts on this path?

Regards,

Mike

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
Firmwares are all listed here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
I have a XT910K (Korea Telecom) and I bricked it with wrong firmware...only way I could revive it was by deleting the CID and flashing taiwanese stock JB 4.1.2.via RSD Lite..After that, I rooted it, installed Safestrap and now I have stock JB + Resurrection KK + Liquid Smooth KK + CM 11 KK, booting and working perfectly. So, beware of what you flash as/on stock, and once you have custom recovery as Safestrap or BMM, you can flash whatever you want.

panamamike

Jan 27, 2011
Firmwares are all listed here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
I have a XT910K (Korea Telecom) and I bricked it with wrong firmware...only way I could revive it was by deleting the CID and flashing taiwanese stock JB 4.1.2.via RSD Lite..After that, I rooted it, installed Safestrap and now I have stock JB + Resurrection KK + Liquid Smooth KK + CM 11 KK, booting and working perfectly. So, beware of what you flash as/on stock, and once you have custom recovery as Safestrap or BMM, you can flash whatever you want.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm assuming you're recommending to go with Safestrap and install a 2nd OS. Couple of questions.
1: Were you able to uninstall any of the Korean specific apps? Wanted to know if there is a list of safely removeable apps.
2: Which OS do you prefer? I'm looking for performance and battery.

Thanks.

Mike

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008

I'm assuming you're recommending to go with Safestrap and install a 2nd OS. Couple of questions.
1: Were you able to uninstall any of the Korean specific apps? Wanted to know if there is a list of safely removeable apps.

Thanks.

Mike
Yes, I can recommend Safestrap since I haven't had a single problem with it so far.
1. You can uninstall any app as soon as you root your device (use Titanium Backup Pro, for example)
2.I keep one JB 4.2.2 rom and a few 4.4.2 roms on my device...since KK roms are "polished" enough now, there is no difference in performance or battery life. I would suggest KK, since it's the newest version with all features included. Roms I can recommend are Resurrection Remix, Liquid Smooth, SlimKat, Mokee OSP, Pacman etc, not necessarily in that order. My daily driver atm is Resurrection, fast, smooth and stable.

Reactions: panamamike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm use XT910s (GSM).
    You can install on it.
    But you have to erase cid for install other country device's firmware (GSM).

Thanks.

Mike
    Yes, I can recommend Safestrap since I haven't had a single problem with it so far.
    1. You can uninstall any app as soon as you root your device (use Titanium Backup Pro, for example)
    2.I keep one JB 4.2.2 rom and a few 4.4.2 roms on my device...since KK roms are "polished" enough now, there is no difference in performance or battery life. I would suggest KK, since it's the newest version with all features included. Roms I can recommend are Resurrection Remix, Liquid Smooth, SlimKat, Mokee OSP, Pacman etc, not necessarily in that order. My daily driver atm is Resurrection, fast, smooth and stable.