[Q] Changing location with tasker scene

Search This thread

VeryGenericUser

May 4, 2014
I would like to change the widget locality for a module using a tasker scene. The idea is to click on a hotspot in the zooper widget which starts a tasker scene. From there, I pick a location. This sets a zooper variable in tasker to the new location. Up to here there's no problem. But I don't see how I can use the zooper variable to change the locality of the widget. Is there a way to do it?

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
I would like to change the widget locality for a module using a tasker scene. The idea is to click on a hotspot in the zooper widget which starts a tasker scene. From there, I pick a location. This sets a zooper variable in tasker to the new location. Up to here there's no problem. But I don't see how I can use the zooper variable to change the locality of the widget. Is there a way to do it?

No, Zooper currently doesn't support changing the location via external means

VeryGenericUser

May 4, 2014
@VeryGenericUser are you trying to get a map of your current location? Directions from where you are to home or someplace else?

No. The idea was to change the location for the weather forecast. I wanted to have a Zooper weather widget for my current location by default, but still be able to manually change the location with two clicks right from my home screen, for example to set the locality to the place I'm about to travel to.

Reactions: kpirnie
OK. Why don't you make your Tasker scene to change the parameters of an HTTP GET to something like Yahoo weather. In your scene change the city or zip code and be able to enable or disable the profile.

In Zooper hide the travel weather if you don't have it and show it if you do.

I haven't had the chance to play with scenes yet. Scraping an RSS feed for weather I know how. Have to do a bunch of variable splits.

If you want I can create the RSS scrape and then you can do what you need to do.

Let me know!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kpirnie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @VeryGenericUser are you trying to get a map of your current location? Directions from where you are to home or someplace else?

No. The idea was to change the location for the weather forecast. I wanted to have a Zooper weather widget for my current location by default, but still be able to manually change the location with two clicks right from my home screen, for example to set the locality to the place I'm about to travel to.
    OK. Why don't you make your Tasker scene to change the parameters of an HTTP GET to something like Yahoo weather. In your scene change the city or zip code and be able to enable or disable the profile.

In Zooper hide the travel weather if you don't have it and show it if you do.

I haven't had the chance to play with scenes yet. Scraping an RSS feed for weather I know how. Have to do a bunch of variable splits.

If you want I can create the RSS scrape and then you can do what you need to do.

Let me know!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk