(28 March 2010) S2U2 v2.34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bRkiX

Dec 5, 2009
@ALL

v2.24 is just released. Again, it's mainly a bug fixing release.

BTW, just want to explain a little further of what is "Don't lock system":

Since v2.20, when S2U2 locks the system, the system will behave as it's locked by the system built-in lock.
But on some devices, it may lead to some not-welcome behaviour when locked: for eg, the backlight will be dimmed; on some devices, unlock will always go to the home screen.
If you want the device behaves as v2.20 or before, turn on "Don't lock system" (S2U2 Settings -> Advanced).
But there is a draw back when it's on, some keys or system functions can be activated even it's locked.

Finally, Happy New Year!

hi thnx for this great sw, but i wrote yesterday about issue on hd2, and its mutitouch ability to unlock.. here is c/p of that postž"hi. i have onw major issue with s2u2 on my HD2.

phone unlocks in pocket randomly, so i did some investigation, and found out that it is possible to unlock phone if you tap with two fingers on each end of the slider bar of s2u2. if you tap at the right moment, slider jumps to unlocked position.

tryed searching this thread bud did not findy any solution..

i have installed low sensitivity cab for hd2 screen, situation is a lot better, but phone still unlocks randomly.

is there a way to disable multi tap in s2u2?

thnx for any help."

this is sirious issue, allmost to unusability, since phone unlocks in your pocket, if it makes contact through pocket with your skin, witch is often in jeans.

please come up with solution, will gladly donate 10 dollars if this were fixed

thnx

Ddriver

Mar 28, 2005
Updatet lang.German.ini for S2U2 v2.24

Thanks A_C for the update. :)

Attachments

• lang.German.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 12
  • S2U2LanguagePack.zip
    142.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

A_C

Jan 5, 2007
www.ac-s2.com
hi thnx for this great sw, but i wrote yesterday about issue on hd2, and its mutitouch ability to unlock.. here is c/p of that postž"hi. i have onw major issue with s2u2 on my HD2.

phone unlocks in pocket randomly, so i did some investigation, and found out that it is possible to unlock phone if you tap with two fingers on each end of the slider bar of s2u2. if you tap at the right moment, slider jumps to unlocked position.

tryed searching this thread bud did not findy any solution..

i have installed low sensitivity cab for hd2 screen, situation is a lot better, but phone still unlocks randomly.

is there a way to disable multi tap in s2u2?

thnx for any help."

this is sirious issue, allmost to unusability, since phone unlocks in your pocket, if it makes contact through pocket with your skin, witch is often in jeans.

please come up with solution, will gladly donate 10 dollars if this were fixed

thnx

Have you tried v2.24?

nivlac58

Nov 7, 2009
Slider issue with v2.24

Thanx for the updates. I just installed v2.24 on my HTC Touch Point 2. After installing the program I have to slide the unlock slider a half dozen times to unlock. It became unuseable so I had to revert back to v2.21. Is there something in the setup that I have to change so it will unlock after one try? Thanx, Calvin

xmas75

Apr 3, 2009
Tasks

Hi A_C!

I have a repeated task. But it's always on display.
Is It possible to filter the interval of the showing time?

other:
Is it possible to filter the incoming calls with callerID, by prohibited/accepted Numbers or Numberless calls?

Thx

waseem77

Jun 16, 2009
hi a-c

What is S2U2?
S2U2 (Slide2Unlock2) is a simple lock/unlock application which has the iPhone style slide unlocking. It can be used as a screensaver while you don't use your device. It has a CallerID function (but it may not work on some devices, so try it before use it daily); S2P control plugin; and volume control. S2U2 shows many system information even without unlocking and highly customizable.

Prerequisition:
- WM5 Phone or WM6/6.1/6.5 Professional devices
- free RAM: at least 1M for QVGA/WQVGA; 4M for VGA/WVGA
- free storage space: at least 2M for QVGA/WQVGA; 4M for VGA/WVGA

s2u2-210.png
s2u2-211.png
s2u2-220.png

Changes of v2.24
- added option to change the information text size (S2U2 Settings -> Appearance).
- fixed an occasional system hang when stopping iLock2 & ActiveSync was running.
- tried to maintain the system idle time when the device is locked (when "Don't lock system" is turned OFF).
if you still want to have full control on this idle time, turn ON "Don't lock system"; otherwise it's still limited to 15 seconds.
- fixed the system SMS notification was not dismissed after reading the SMS on some devices.
- fixed the long press Answer key problem introduced by v2.22.
if the long press Answer key function still cannot be assigned normally, stop iLock2 & then delete the \windows\long_send.lnk first.
- fixed an occasional issue that S2P was invoked during BT file transfer (again).
- speeded up the transition between different orientation.
- improved the CallerID compatibility on some non-English devices.
- changed the DPAD function; it also can be unlocked by pressing the BACK key (S2U2 Settings -> Others).
- a few minor bugs fixed.

Download
http://ac-s2.com

Important Note
For details, as usual, please read the README first, especially the Known limitations & FAQs before posting your questions here.

To show your appreciation, pls CLICK HERE to make a donation.

Reset Unread Count
If your device has suspicious unknown count of any unread email/vmail/sms/mms, use this file (ResetUnreadCount.cab) to reset them.

Lock/Unlock Sound Sample

Volume Control shortcut
If you need to manually map a key to invoke the new Volume Control, extract the S2U2-VC.LNK from this file (s2u2-vc.zip) & transfer it to your device's \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\S2U2 (for Non-English device, it varies), then use any key mapping software (some devices have it come along) to map this S2U2-VC to your preferred key.

But it assumes S2U2 is installed at \Program Files\S2U2. You may read HERE for how to create a LNK file.

great work

no fixed the long press Answer key problem introduced by v2.24
no fixed :) no fixed :)

saumaun

A_c, on my Touch Pro 2, it takes a split second to start S2U2 when I wake up the device. The delay is disabled in settings. I remember quite a few versions back S2U2 would load RIGHT before the screen turned off. Is there any way to eliminate this delay?

I also have a feature request which would be a great idea (I think):

Could you add an option to disable the password if your device is locked in call? For example, I have S2U2 set to lock the screen when a call connects, but I have to enter my password to access the dialer.

Thanks!

erdoke

Oct 4, 2008
Send key mapping

I had a strange problem with S2U2 v. 2.22, but not exactly what described in the change log, nad I still have it with 2.24.
Only when having an incoming call, short press of the Send button activates the function mapped to long press (rotate screen on my HD2). In all other circumstances short/long press works fine, but I can't use the button to pick up calls.
First I blamed Iconsoft's PhonEx, but it is the same trying with HTC's factory caller application.
It was not a fresh install, but I have upgraded from 2.22 to 2.24 if it matters at all.

A_C

Jan 5, 2007
www.ac-s2.com
Last edited:

A_C

Jan 5, 2007
www.ac-s2.com
Thanx for the updates. I just installed v2.24 on my HTC Touch Point 2. After installing the program I have to slide the unlock slider a half dozen times to unlock. It became unuseable so I had to revert back to v2.21. Is there something in the setup that I have to change so it will unlock after one try? Thanx, Calvin
Try not slide too fast.
great work

no fixed the long press Answer key problem introduced by v2.24
no fixed :) no fixed :)
Have you stopped iLock2, then delete the \windows\long_send.lnk?
A_c, on my Touch Pro 2, it takes a split second to start S2U2 when I wake up the device. The delay is disabled in settings. I remember quite a few versions back S2U2 would load RIGHT before the screen turned off. Is there any way to eliminate this delay?
Pls refer to the FAQ & try a soft-reset first.
I also have a feature request which would be a great idea (I think):

Could you add an option to disable the password if your device is locked in call? For example, I have S2U2 set to lock the screen when a call connects, but I have to enter my password to access the dialer.

Thanks!
But it'll lead to security hole.

How can I add HTC Messaging (the default in Manilla Sense) application in the exception list (do not lock the screen while I'm writing a SMS). Thanks
Try to add "Messaging_Client.exe".
I had a strange problem with S2U2 v. 2.22, but not exactly what described in the change log, nad I still have it with 2.24.
Only when having an incoming call, short press of the Send button activates the function mapped to long press (rotate screen on my HD2). In all other circumstances short/long press works fine, but I can't use the button to pick up calls.
First I blamed Iconsoft's PhonEx, but it is the same trying with HTC's factory caller application.
It was not a fresh install, but I have upgraded from 2.22 to 2.24 if it matters at all.
How you map the long press Send button?

bRkiX

Dec 5, 2009
v2.24 have already added some checking to avoid that, but not working when Inertia is set. Try this beta build & let me know the result.

P.S. it only contains the S2U2.EXE.

it is far more difficult now, but it is possible...so progress is in right direction i must say :)

there would be far less chance for this, if s2u2 screen would appear for less time.
now when phone is locked, and key is pressed s2u2 appears for 15 seconds, if it would only appear for 3-4 secend (maybe to make it configurable), and with this fix i am sure that it would be impossible to unlock it in pocket.

thanx for your great effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ....we all love you!
    Let me add to the hundreds of posters above me... thank you. This is a "must have" app on my phone.

I have a feature request if you'd like (maybe there's already a way to do this through skins or what-not). You know how if you have an email, SMS, reminder, etc. previewing when you unlock, then it will launch the appropriate app? I love that, but I was wondering, what if I could launch other apps that way.

Apps like the camera, calculator, or notes are things that I like to launch as fast as possible. If there was an icon on the lock screen that I could highlight in a similar way and they would launch as soon as I unlocked, that would save several steps (especially in TouchFlo 3d) that I currently have to go through.

S2U2 is a locking tool. It does SMS/Mail/Reminder because the phone alerts the user when locked. If apps are added, it's not Slide2Unlock anymore...
    I love this program...no more button mashing while the phone is in my case!

Also, it is fantastic how customizable it all is.
    I sorta wish I could use my custom taskbar with this, but I understand it simply is not possible.

ONE QUESTION:
    I've searched and searched all night, but does anyone know how I can have the CURRENT weather on the lockscreen under Manila 3d.
    Right now tomorrow's weather is showing.

A work around for CURRENT weather would be much appreciated, and make this thing unstoppable!

Thanks
    S2U2 v2.24 very good!

Update lang.Vietnamese.ini for S2U2 v2.24 (03/02/2010). Thank A_C!