[Q] Soft Bricked VZW Note 2

Search This thread

xashaffer

Mar 19, 2011
Ok I desperately need some help here. I first got my Note 2 February of last year and quickly rooted it and loaded up Scott's Clean Rom (whichever version was available at the time). I kept going through the updates for Clean Rom and had no issues and was still running Clean Rom until a few weeks ago. Since he was no longer making updates to it I decided just to return to stock since I didn't need root capabilities anymore. I went through the steps in this post, [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! to flash the Official VRAMC3 4.1.2 update to return to stock and had no issues. Everything worked perfectly for several days. Then a friend of mine let me borrow his Note 3 out since I was thinking about buying one. While I had the Note 3, he accepted the latest factory update on my Note 2. Now I'm soft bricked, hopefully not hard bricked.

When I boot up the phone it just sits on the Galaxy Note 2 logo. I can't get into recovery but I can still get into Odin mode. I first tried using Odin to flash the pit file to repartition the phone, and even though I knew it probably wouldn't work I then tried loading the Official VRAMC3 4.1.2 update again. Of course it failed. I've tried multiple times since then to load the Official 4.3 updates, even the newest one that just came out a few days ago. No matter what I have tried I still cannot get the phone to load past the Galaxy Note 2 logo or get into recovery. Also when I go into Odin Mode here is exactly what it reads.

PRODUCT NAME: SCH-1605
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
AP SWREV: A2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't buy the Note 3 like I want to until I'm able to fix and sell this phone, so I'm currently stuck using my old HTC Thunderbolt that barely runs at this point. Thanks in advance!!

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Ok I desperately need some help here. I first got my Note 2 February of last year and quickly rooted it and loaded up Scott's Clean Rom (whichever version was available at the time). I kept going through the updates for Clean Rom and had no issues and was still running Clean Rom until a few weeks ago. Since he was no longer making updates to it I decided just to return to stock since I didn't need root capabilities anymore. I went through the steps in this post, [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! to flash the Official VRAMC3 4.1.2 update to return to stock and had no issues. Everything worked perfectly for several days. Then a friend of mine let me borrow his Note 3 out since I was thinking about buying one. While I had the Note 3, he accepted the latest factory update on my Note 2. Now I'm soft bricked, hopefully not hard bricked.

When I boot up the phone it just sits on the Galaxy Note 2 logo. I can't get into recovery but I can still get into Odin mode. I first tried using Odin to flash the pit file to repartition the phone, and even though I knew it probably wouldn't work I then tried loading the Official VRAMC3 4.1.2 update again. Of course it failed. I've tried multiple times since then to load the Official 4.3 updates, even the newest one that just came out a few days ago. No matter what I have tried I still cannot get the phone to load past the Galaxy Note 2 logo or get into recovery. Also when I go into Odin Mode here is exactly what it reads.

PRODUCT NAME: SCH-1605
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
AP SWREV: A2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't buy the Note 3 like I want to until I'm able to fix and sell this phone, so I'm currently stuck using my old HTC Thunderbolt that barely runs at this point. Thanks in advance!!

Did you try to go into Odin and flash this:

VRUEMJ9 4.3- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319197589(ONLY USE THIS IF YOU TOOK THE 4.3 OTA!! There currently is no bootloader unlock method for 4.3 which means you can no longer flash custom roms, recoveries, or kernels!!!)

with the pit inlcuded.. If not do so.. Then report back.. If you can not get past "Note 2" screen then see, now, if you can get into recovery.. Press UP+HOME+POWER.. and then proceed to do a Factory Reset.

xashaffer

Mar 19, 2011
Did you try to go into Odin and flash this:

VRUEMJ9 4.3- USE THIS IF YOU TOOK THE 4.3 OTA!! There currently is no bootloader unlock method for 4.3 which means you can no longer flash custom roms, recoveries, or kernels!!!)

with the pit inlcuded.. If not do so.. Then report back.. If you can not get past "Note 2" screen then see, now, if you can get into recovery.. Press UP+HOME+POWER.. and then proceed to do a Factory Reset.

That was the first thing that I tried and I still could not get pass the logo or get into Recovery. I will try it again though shortly and let you know what happens.

xashaffer

Mar 19, 2011
Just tried it. According to Odin everything Passes, but it still won't go past the logo screen and still won't go into recovery. Any other ideas?