You can check the bands and frequencies for SPRINT here:
For the sim unlock it is up to "firewater" compatibility, since you need to S-OFF your device first.
Regarding compatibility with firewater, your question should be: How can I make sure that my device will be supported by firewater?
The answer: You cant! Its just a matter of luck for the moment.
There are alot of people who successfully S-OFF their devices with firewater, and there are also unlucky persons like me, who cant (i got 2 devices that i cannot S-OFF).
There is also a bounty thread for people which cannot S-OFF:
If SIM unlocking is your concern, I suggest you to buy it unlocked (yeah i know the price is higher).
For the time being there is no provider offering SIM Unlock for Sprint. Believe me, since I have a SPRINT standard M8 device which i cant SIM unlock for the moment.
Thank you for the information..I'm an htc lover...i can buy it factory unlocked in about the same price...but i want that version...i really liked the color combination and what h/k addition offers...i know that i can port the h/k software to another m8 but i like the whole package...it's unique....i live in Greece....bought my friend some months ago an already sim unlocked sprint htc one m7 and it's working fine..So to sum up..if i got it...it's not 100% that i would be able to sim unlock it..... Also i saw on the gsmarena on the lte frequencies sprint version support LTE 800 / 1900 / 2600 my carrier lte frequencies are 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz...... so i should be able to have lte at 2600MHz?
This link will give you a guide to unlock your phone, changing Rom will not help.
If that dont work:
as member maethem wrote on page 4 in the above thread (he deserves a thank you), this is what worked for me:
Try the following on you responsibility
- You should know your SPC, you can read it with CDMA Workshop or CDMA DFS Tool.
- Install QSPT (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2263391)
- enable diag mode ##3424#
- open QPST configuration, from port tab add your device diagnostics port.
- from start clients tab choose service programming then ok & click on read from phone.
- on system tab choose automatic for roam preferences.
- on UMTS System tab choose any for pref service domain & any band (last bottom right) for proffered band.
- click write to phone, then your device should work on GSM mode with modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|