FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to restore / import Line chat history!

301 posts
Thanks Meter: 235

By BillBauman, Senior Member on 17th October 2013, 07:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2014, 12:53 PM |#21  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Unhappy
I made a Chat History full backup to use it on my new phone. I formatted and sold the phone. got a new one, installed line.
I put the LINE_Android-backup-chat-XXXXXXXXX.zip Backup file into Line backup folder (SDCard\LINE_backup)
Booo, no import option there
any help my friends... I need to open this backup even if there is a way to decode it in my Pc it's ok.
I'm not Rooted and all what I have is my LINE_Android-backup-chat-XXXXXXXXX.zip Backup file
15th May 2014, 09:19 AM |#22  
Flag Los Angeles USA
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Just my 2c... This method if backup/restore sucks... not because of the OP, but because LINE doesn't have a batch backup/restore option!!! Have hundreds of conversations that I'd like to maintain... which means, hundreds of times of clicking backup etc etc, the hundreds of times clicking restore etc etc.

FYI, if you are willing to root your phone and pay for TIBackup Pro you can simplify the process. Backup LINE (user apps) and your SETTINGS (system apps) with TIBackup. Copy TIBackup folder to external sdcard or PC. Do whatever you were going to do that required you to backup/restore LINE. Load up TIBackup, load up the TIBackup folder, restore LINE APP+DATA, then goto the menu in TIBackup and scroll to the bottom and select 'manage android id' and select restore from backup (if you backed up the correct settings data under system data there will only be ONE option). Your phone will automatically reboot. Click on LINE, boom everything just like it was before.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TASL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TASL Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 12:38 PM |#23  
Flag Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Thanks Meter: 960

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norike

Got it! I was missing the su command to make the emulator rooted.
I also found the jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml file in a slightly different location than where daimyorl said above (but the credits go to him). For me it was into /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/shared_prefs/

Then, the complete instructions that worked for me are:

1. Restore Line with Titanium Backup (app+data) (DON'T OPEN THE LINE APP YET!)
  2. Log into a shell and delete the settings:
    Code:
    su
    sqlite3 /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/databases/naver_line
    delete from setting;
    .quit
  3. Remove jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml
    Code:
    rm /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/shared_prefs/jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml
  4. Open the Line app and it will ask you to enter your user and password. It will also ask your phone number for the confirmation SMS.
  5. Enjoy!

LOL this saved my chats

i have a scheduled backup every 4AM and lucky that backup was more than I needed.

I deleted 1 of my individual chats.. and everytime i restored "data" or "app/data" and opened LINE, it deleted everything.

i came to XDA and found these instructions, and everything worked perfectly

awesome stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsy Ad-Free
8th July 2014, 02:04 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to restore if my friend is no lonnger on line?
I have a LINE chat backup for a friend who is no longer on LINE. I really need to restore the backup somehow. Can anyone help me? I am ready to pay if this requires so.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpro

I made a Chat History full backup to use it on my new phone. I formatted and sold the phone. got a new one, installed line.
I put the LINE_Android-backup-chat-XXXXXXXXX.zip Backup file into Line backup folder (SDCard\LINE_backup)
Booo, no import option there
any help my friends... I need to open this backup even if there is a way to decode it in my Pc it's ok.
I'm not Rooted and all what I have is my LINE_Android-backup-chat-XXXXXXXXX.zip Backup file

I also have just the zip file and really need it decoded. Someone please help. It is very important for me...
13th July 2014, 08:19 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
is there any way to re-call Line Group,,, our Line Note 3 Group has been deleted by someone (delete member and delete group)? thx
20th July 2014, 09:08 PM |#26  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimyorl

I just found a method for importing the chat history using Titanium Backup and the terminal. You need root for this. Recently Line made some changes that made this more
Hope you find this useful.

1. Restore Line with Titanium Backup (app+data) (DON'T OPEN THE LINE APP YET!)

2. Log into a root shell and delete the previous settings:

delete from setting;
.quit

3. Now we have to delete this xml only if you are using a recent version. In previous ones it didn't even exist as far as I know
rm /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml

4. Open the Line app and it will ask you to enter your user and password.
You will receive a warning about losing your chat history. Just ignore it and...

5. Enjoy!

thank you so much for the tips

EDIT :
if you've got sqlite3 not found error,just extract the attachment and put it on /system/xbin/ and set permission to rwxrwxrwx
Attached Files
File Type: rar sqlite3.rar - [Click for QR Code] (17.3 KB, 517 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to zenaufa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zenaufa Ad-Free
30th August 2014, 07:04 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
I get an error when trying this in the terminal emulator (I have done the 'su' command).

delete from setting;

I'm guessing that I may have the wrong version of sqlite3? I got it by installing 'sqlite installer for root' app. I ran it, and squlite3 is definitely installed now.

Or I just don't know how to enter those lines above. Do I hit return (enter) at the end of the first line (ending with naver_line), then 'delete from setting;' on another line (without the quotes)? Or is it all supposed to be on a single line? I've tried it both ways, and it always says it's invalid.

EDIT: Sorry, it's working fine. I did do both lines as shown above. I thought it failed because after the first line was entered, some text appeared telling me to enter -help. I assumed that meant there was an error. Wrong! Then I entered the 2nd line. Thanks to several people here for their helpful posts.
15th September 2014, 01:35 PM |#28  

More
Desperate Linbackup help plz
hello people
umm...me nd my girlfrnd has used line since a year now nd we have sum very important messages there
my line got deleted when she used my number to make a new line account on her ipod
but i have a backup of all the messages ,unfortunetly its in the RAR format....text backup wudv been okay too
now i have a new line but i cant seem to back up the chat....can you help me plz?im really desperate here
what is have is:
Her Original LINE account
My new line account
back up in rar of her nd mine original chat
plz help me
19th October 2014, 12:11 PM |#29  

More
hi
please all help me
after restart my phone
my phone stuck at booting logo
and i force restart many times 20x i think
then it can
but its like when we first use that phone
then i open all social media then my acc log out itself
and my line too
then i log in it say(if i log in the history will lose after that i log in in line pc, i think line pc have all of my history chat but just a half and badly i have already log in line in my phone)
how to recover my history chat
someone helppp
10th December 2014, 09:29 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
4.7.1 unsuccesful
not sure if my backup was bad for version 4.7.1, but I couldn't get this to work with it.. Luckily I had never updated my Line app on my previous phone (until I got my new one a couple of days ago) and my backup of version 4.2.3 worked as advertised. Thanks much!
5th January 2015, 07:00 AM |#31  

More
Newb Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimyorl

2. Log into a root shell and delete the previous settings:

Good day!

I'm sorry for the newb question, but how do you "log into a root shell" ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)