broken galaxy gear :(

Search This thread

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
Hello,

I have an original galaxy gear that has worked problem free. It never drains completely (is at about 60% every night i put it on the charger) and I wear it daily.

This morning (i work nights, so it had been on my wrist for about 12 hours) i got a text message and felt the phone virbate. Look at my watch and got nothing. The watch wont turn on wont reboot wont do a damn thing!

Most people reporting this issue had a dead watch that lost all battery juice.... this was over 50% charged. I have checked the prongs on the charger, pressed and held the button for 10 seconds to 60 seconds, plugged it into a computer, tried to reconnect manually.... nothing.

Any idea on how to get this working? I feel odd wearing a 'real' watch now, but am extremly dissapointed that a 300$ watch will just stop working for no reason.

I need another watch... but it wont be samsung if this is what i can expect.

Any advice would be appreciated

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
Hello,

I have an original galaxy gear that has worked problem free. It never drains completely (is at about 60% every night i put it on the charger) and I wear it daily.

This morning (i work nights, so it had been on my wrist for about 12 hours) i got a text message and felt the phone virbate. Look at my watch and got nothing. The watch wont turn on wont reboot wont do a damn thing!

Most people reporting this issue had a dead watch that lost all battery juice.... this was over 50% charged. I have checked the prongs on the charger, pressed and held the button for 10 seconds to 60 seconds, plugged it into a computer, tried to reconnect manually.... nothing.

Any idea on how to get this working? I feel odd wearing a 'real' watch now, but am extremly dissapointed that a 300$ watch will just stop working for no reason.

I need another watch... but it wont be samsung if this is what i can expect.

Any advice would be appreciated

this is a major problem with the galaxy gear 1

there is a thing you can do but in involves opening the gear up ,taking the battery off and then putting it back on

there is a video on you tube showing an easy way to do it

it will come back to life

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
this is a major problem with the galaxy gear 1

there is a thing you can do but in involves opening the gear up ,taking the battery off and then putting it back on

there is a video on you tube showing an easy way to do it

it will come back to life

I cant seem to find the video specific to this issue - do you have a link?

If it is really simple enough ill just do it... was going to try and send it back to samsung otherwise.

Thanks in advance
Derek

chrisradcliffe23

Dec 25, 2010
OnePlus 9
Questionable Charge

Ok so I got this from Amazon today and it has yet to power on. I researched and found that if i take it apart and unplug the charging port then plug it back in it should fix it. I did that but when i plug it into the charger i get a battery icon with a circle inside it. Does anyone know if they can help me? https://www.dropbox.com/s/5et4nv9dxxjt52x/Screenshot_2014-05-16-18-36-03[1].png

Last edited:

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
Ok so I got this from Amazon today and it has yet to power on. I researched and found that if i take it apart and unplug the charging port then plug it back in it should fix it. I did that but when i plug it into the charger i get a battery icon with a circle inside it. Does anyone know if they can help me? https://www.dropbox.com/s/5et4nv9dxxjt52x/Screenshot_2014-05-16-18-36-03[1].png

you have to completely unplug the battery from the main board

can you get in the bootloader mode

press and keep your finger on the power button until you see galaxy gear rebooting
can you get in this mode

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
yes brother

or just unclip the battery wires thing and connect it back up

So i took the watch apart twice with no success after putting it back together.

Do i need to physically take the battery out? I disconnected the screen from the entire watch and then re connected it. This should have sufficed no?

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
So i took the watch apart twice with no success after putting it back together.

Do i need to physically take the battery out? I disconnected the screen from the entire watch and then re connected it. This should have sufficed no?

no that's not the part you need to do

take out the battery totally, unclip the battery from the main board,,

if you disconnect the screen,the battery is still connected to the Brains of the watch