Will the new UI still have dreadful gallery scroll lag?

Search This thread

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
If you have G2 at hand get tapatalk, go to forum xda-developers, open arbitrary topic which has more than 2 pages and swipe horizontally from one page to the next. The UI will hang for about a sec and then continue to scroll. It is very bad I mean BAAAAD lag and bug of Optimus UI which LG was bashed for in every present review.

Will they rewrite rendering engine or G3 will still have such a glitch even being Kitkat based?

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
any device will have gallery lag if you have high quality images and has lot of them. My beast computer can't even handle 15GB worth of wallpapers. so no doubt it will be fine with a reasonable amount of images

Reactions: Juggernaut79

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
If you have G2 at hand get tapatalk, go to forum xda-developers, open arbitrary topic which has more than 2 pages and swipe horizontally from one page to the next. The UI will hang for about a sec and then continue to scroll. It is very bad I mean BAAAAD lag and bug of Optimus UI which LG was bashed for in every present review.

Will they rewrite rendering engine or G3 will still have such a glitch even being Kitkat based?

bad app? slow data connection. Don't blame something when there is internet connection involved. Scrolling to next page on a app is not scrolling though gallery

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
OK

Could someone shoot comparison video like this one so we all could see if LG G3 is slow and laggish or is faster than iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 maybe?

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
I think that LG wrongfully set the CPU governor to "on demand" instead of "interactive" that is used by HTC and Sony from the box. They HTC and Sonys do not lag at all, as people say. Definitely because their governor is set to "interactive"

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011

TouchWiz gallery scroll lag demo

So Optimus UI had not have THAT kind of lag in their 4.1.2 ROM on OG Pro. What had changed?

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
Now, what I've come to conclusion is that these lags and stutters are caused by bad CPU governor used, like "ondemand" instead of "interactive". And second reason is too short polling interval, CPU drops frequency too fast and lowered CPU frequency while scrolling causes stutters and hickups. Somebody posted in some topic that when he increased polling interval to 45000 (ticks or somthng) the smoothness raised and G3 stopped lagging at all
And third reason is too bad design of CPU cooling made by LG. Here is the demonstration. CPU does not have proper thermal pad, so it spikes frequency and get too hot very fast, so it immediately lowers frequency down, and that is reason of stutters. HTC M8, Xperia Z2 and Galaxy S5 all have proper thermal cooling around SD801 so antutu doesn't suffer so much on them

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Now, what I've come to conclusion is that these lags and stutters are caused by bad CPU governor used, like "ondemand" instead of "interactive". And second reason is too short polling interval, CPU drops frequency too fast and lowered CPU frequency while scrolling causes stutters and hickups. Somebody posted in some topic that when he increased polling interval to 45000 (ticks or somthng) the smoothness raised and G3 stopped lagging at all
And third reason is too bad design of CPU cooling made by LG. Here is the demonstration. CPU does not have proper thermal pad, so it spikes frequency and get too hot very fast, so it immediately lowers frequency down, and that is reason of stutters. HTC M8, Xperia Z2 and Galaxy S5 all have proper thermal cooling around SD801 so antutu doesn't suffer so much on them

I just opened FauxClock on my device and my governor is set to interactive not ondemand. - Now obviously I can't change it because of no custom kernel etc.

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
9:9
attachment.php

As much as haters gonna hate but there is no perceivable difference between speed of user interface between G3 and Galaxy S5 or any other flagships like HTC M8 or Nexus 5 as can be seen

Reactions: itch808 and Osseon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah lemme just grab my iPhone 6 and G3 and shoot a video for you. Be back in September

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    9:9
    attachment.php

As much as haters gonna hate but there is no perceivable difference between speed of user interface between G3 and Galaxy S5 or any other flagships like HTC M8 or Nexus 5 as can be seen

How can we know that now?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    any device will have gallery lag if you have high quality images and has lot of them. My beast computer can't even handle 15GB worth of wallpapers. so no doubt it will be fine with a reasonable amount of images
    So far so good, these are speed tests I could find by now

Yes, Nokia doesn't lag. at all:p