[Q] increasing size of Safestrap slots

Search This thread

loveubuntu

Nov 25, 2010
Pretty new to safestrap and the slot system. I don't really need too many slots other than stock and one extra one. Can I increase the size of slot #1 to have the remaining capacity of #2,3,4? Trying to maximize system rom size to the max for my favorite rom.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wolfgang71

Nov 26, 2010
Size of Safestrap slots

I was wondering about this also because I keep getting warnings of running out of memory when I am in slot 1. Mind you, that this is my first rom and rooting experience on the Note 3, so the whole safestrap thing had its own learning curve. When I established my first slot, I just went with the default slot sizes and installed Hyperdrive 7 (which is an awesome ROM, I recommend using it and supporting the staff if you like it!). Anyway, after reinstalling most of my original apps and restoring my sms messages everything was running fine. After a few days of use, though, I started getting running out of memory errors and warnings recommending I delete my sms history. So, to make a short story long, I made the ROM slot too small. Here is how I corrected it ( I just did it and everything seems to be normal as of now.)

Create a full backup of your rom.
Create another rom slot with much larger memory
Once it is created, restore the backup (while in the new larger rom slot). The recent backup should show up.
Re boot into the new rom slot and verify everything is okay.
If you would like, go back and delete the old rom slot to free up phone memory.

I really hope this helps..Seems to be working fine for me. I will update if all hell breaks loose.

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app