Thanks Meter: 1,019

Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2014, 11:24 PM |#101  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 870

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsickle

Correct. From what it looks like my change should fix it but I'm not sure. You can ask a dev who uses aroma to update it with my commit , though. If they do let me know if it fixes it all

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Will do.

16th April 2014, 01:36 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 12,835

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Because they dont have the same touch driver we do

https://github.com/amarullz/AROMA-Installer/pull/19 that may work though. I havent tested it at all

compiled aroma with ur commit, doesn't works
16th April 2014, 06:48 PM |#103  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal_liberty

compiled aroma with ur commit, doesn't works

dag-nabbit!
16th April 2014, 09:19 PM |#104  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cookeville

Donate to Me
More
I'll look deeper this weekend.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simonsickle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Modding.MyMind
27th April 2014, 05:59 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lightbulb
Well well, look what I just stumbled across lol.

@simonsickle, in regards to my last pm I sent you, feel free to ignore it. Your OP in this thread just answered my question.

You guys are fortunate to have him over here. Busy man, but can put forth some good developments when he has the time.

Now for me to get to work
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
17th May 2014, 03:54 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 4,342

Donate to Me
More
@simonsickle I found a possibly major flaw in your recovery, I have the sprint htc one m8 HK edition and at some point it stopped being able to properly flash or restore roms. What happened was any time I'd go to flash a rom it would fail then instantly reboot, and if I tried a full restore of a backup (system, boot and data partitions) it would also fail to restore and instantly reboot. Even if I just wiped system, data, cache and dalvik cache to prepare for flashing a new rom it would complete the wipes but then instantly reboot as well.
I did manage to restore a backup but only by skipping the restore of the data partition, but I still could not install a new rom or wipe without the instant reboots.

I was about to flash a ruu, but then I decided to at least try a different recovery just hoping to not have to start from scratch and viola philz touch recovery worked perfectly.
The issues i had with your twrp leads me to believe that somehow your twrp recovery might not be properly formatting the partitions in some causes causing any modifications to that partition (data partition?) to not execute properly and hence cause a failed flash and reboot.

Hopefully you have some insight into what the cause may be and can get it fixed (I've always been a fan of twrp and hate not being able to use it)
If it will help I can attempt to try your twrp again, maybe wiping and flashing in philz touch somehow fixed things so twrp will work again?
17th May 2014, 03:54 PM |#107  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cookeville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalspring

@simonsickle I found a possibly major flaw in your recovery, I have the sprint htc one m8 HK edition and at some point it stopped being able to properly flash or restore roms. What happened was any time I'd go to flash a rom it would fail then instantly reboot, and if I tried a full restore of a backup (system, boot and data partitions) it would also fail to restore and instantly reboot. Even if I just wiped system, data, cache and dalvik cache to prepare for flashing a new rom it would complete the wipes but then instantly reboot as well.
I did manage to restore a backup but only by skipping the restore of the data partition, but I still could not install a new rom or wipe without the instant reboots.

I was about to flash a ruu, but then I decided to at least try a different recovery just hoping to not have to start from scratch and viola philz touch recovery worked perfectly.
The issues i had with your twrp leads me to believe that somehow your twrp recovery might not be properly formatting the partitions in some causes causing any modifications to that partition (data partition?) to not execute properly and hence cause a failed flash and reboot.

Hopefully you have some insight into what the cause may be and can get it fixed (I've always been a fan of twrp and hate not being able to use it)
If it will help I can attempt to try your twrp again, maybe wiping and flashing in philz touch somehow fixed things so twrp will work again?

This was never released for HK. Issues probably exist. I have a unified one flash twrp coming eventually. Give me a while for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to simonsickle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 04:06 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 4,342

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This was never released for HK. Issues probably exist. I have a unified one flash twrp coming eventually. Give me a while for that.

True, but the hk version supposedly is exactly the same as the regular version for sprint except for some software included in the stock rom, apparently there is some difference somewhere then. Hopefully the new unified version will fix it, if you need any testers later on, I'm certainly up for it
17th May 2014, 04:08 PM |#109  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cookeville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalspring

True, but the hk version supposedly is exactly the same as the regular version for sprint except for some software included in the stock rom, apparently there is some difference somewhere then. Hopefully the new unified version will fix it, if you need any testers later on, I'm certainly up for it

Hboot and drivers are actually different too.

The Following User Says Thank You to simonsickle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 06:15 PM |#110  
Flag Bloomsdale
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Would it be possible for "Themers" to get the ability to get native support for more animation options, like page transitions, and different loading bars? I would absolutely love to see a more theme friendly TWRP, as we are limited right now.

Thank you for all your hard work on this recovery by the way!

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th May 2014, 05:38 AM |#111  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 877

More
Quote:

Hboot and drivers are actually different too.

That's good to know, as I now have an HK M8. I'm not exactly looking to flash right away, though. I only want root & S-Off, so I will happily wait for a unified TWRP to be released.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)