[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
In preparation for the next build. I've got a new recovery for ya'all. The latest twrp recovery was using the old 2.6 kernel. This is completely updated for newer roms ( 4.0+), but should still allow older roms to be flashed. This is going to be needed because we'll be adding SELinux support. Please let me know if there are any issues with other roms and I'll look into submitting this for official status. So far my testing has concluded with no issues

TWRP 2.7.0.0 --
http://www.evervolv.com/get/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-vivow.img

I'll be adding a zip to run, that will fix some other issues with ext4 partitions. Need to finish testing it though.

Lemme know if there's any questions. If there are any issues, please report right away.

Thanks
-Andrew

Last edited:

phillibl

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
In preparation for the next build. I've got a new recovery for ya'all. The latest twrp recovery was using the old 2.6 kernel. This is completely updated for newer roms ( 4.0+), but should still allow older roms to be flashed. This is going to be needed because we'll be adding SELinux support. Please let me know if there are any issues with other roms and I'll look into submitting this for official status. So far my testing has concluded with no issues

TWRP 2.7.0.0 --

I'll be adding a zip to run, that will fix some other issues with ext4 partitions. Need to finish testing it though.

Lemme know if there's any questions. If there are any issues, please report right away.

Thanks
-Andrew

Will 4ext still work? I think it was able to flash a lot of the newer roms.

Thanks for your continued support.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN

TWRP 2.7.0.0 --

@preludeandrew We have been trained by Chilly and others over the years to use the 4EXT recovery. You know much more about this but it has to do with partitions and formatting issues unique to DINC2 as I understand. His superduperwipe needs 4EXT, etc. The latest 4EXT flashes kitkat roms no problem. I personally like TWRP and use it as much as possible except on DINC2. Can you think of any reason why 4EXT has advantages. Having said that, I have gotten used to 4EXT too.

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Although you shouldn't need to, you can go back to 4EXT when not wanting to flash evervolv ( or any other kitkat roms that move to proper SELinux ). I tested his superduperwipe and it seems to work properly on my device. If chilly reads this, I analyzed what your sdw was doing, and noticed that there's no assert for device. Since your scripts use static block devices, if someone was to take that and think it'd work on another device... they could cause some issues.

Back on the subject of recovery. Going forward, no kitkat Evervolv builds will flash properly without SELinux support in the recovery. ( I spent more than 6 hours last night / this morning making sure this worked properly ). If someone / chilly wants to update 4EXT, let me know and I'll lend my help on the issue.

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire

TWRP 2.7.0.0 --

Thanks
-Andrew

This is excellent news. Thanks drew.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL

TWRP 2.7.0.0 --

Thanks
-Andrew

I was able to put this into a zip file and install with CWM. I tested backup, restore, wipe, install, vibration settings, and adb connection and shell. All seems to work well!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: I'm not quite sure what happened. I did attempt to do something with the theme, but I did it from the menu.

When I reboot into recovery, I am now in a place where TWRP is just flashing the 'teamwin' screen and not progressing to the option panels.

I can make an adb connection and have reflashed the TWRP recovery through dd in an adb shell, but on reboot, I get the same situation.

I also flashed TWRP from fastboot and got the same result.

I can boot into the rom with no problems.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I ended up reflashing CWM-6.0.4.7 to get a working recovery. Re-installing TWRP just gave me the flashing 'teamwin' screen.

Last edited:

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Okay, I ran into issues in the first build or so similar to this ( TWRP splash just flashed on for a second, the off and repeated infinitely ). I didn't have the fstab in the correct location. This has been fixed so I'm not sure what your issue is. Try this in the beginning while it's flashing the twrp splash:

Code:
adb shell cat /tmp/recovery.log

it seems to be rebooting twrp continuously, so you may have to run it a couple times and get it at the perfect time.

If/when you get the log, paste it to: http://paste.evervolv.com/ and grab me the link!

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Okay, I ran into issues in the first build or so similar to this ( TWRP splash just flashed on for a second, the off and repeated infinitely ). I didn't have the fstab in the correct location. This has been fixed so I'm not sure what your issue is. Try this in the beginning while it's flashing the twrp splash:

Code:
adb shell cat /tmp/recovery.log

it seems to be rebooting twrp continuously, so you may have to run it a couple times and get it at the perfect time.

If/when you get the log, paste it to: http://paste.evervolv.com/ and grab me the link!

I pulled the battery for a while, then re-installed TRWP and it now is working. I will see if I can get it to fail again the same way and get that log for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to get the behavior again. It happened after I cancelled an adb sideload operation. At least, that was the most unusual thing I did. Your site did not give me a URL, so I am posting the log here.

I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
I:Loading settings from '/sdcard/TWRP/.twrps'.
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for localtime!
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for GMT!
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
Starting TWRP 2.7.0.0 on Fri May 23 12:43:52 2014
I:Single storage only.
I:No internal storage defined.
I:No storage defined, defaulting to /sdcard.
I:Lun file '/sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage/lun0/file'
I:TW_BRIGHTNESS_PATH := /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness
I:Found brightness file at '/sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness'
Starting the UI...Pixel format: 480x800 @ 16bpp
Pixel format: BGR_565
Not using qualcomm overlay, 'msmfb'
framebuffer: fd 3 (480 x 800)
=> Linking mtab
=> Processing recovery.fstab
I:processing '/boot'
I:processing '/recovery'
I:processing '/system'
I:processing '/data'
I:processing '/cache'
I:processing '/sdcard'
I:processing '/sd-ext'
I:processing '/misc'
I:Creating Android Secure: /sdcard/.android_secure
I:Backup folder set to '/sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/HT***********'
I:Settings storage is '/sdcard'
Updating partition details...
I:Unable to mount '/sd-ext'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'ext4'
I:Unmounting main partitions...

Partition Logs:
/boot | /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 | Size: 4MB
Flags: Can_Be_Backed_Up IsPresent
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
Display_Name: Boot
Storage_Name: boot
Backup_Path: /boot
Backup_Name: boot
Backup_Display_Name: Boot
Storage_Path: /boot
Current_File_System: emmc
Fstab_File_System: emmc
Backup_Method: dd

/recovery | /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 | Size: 8MB
Flags: IsPresent
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
Display_Name: Recovery
Storage_Name: recovery
Backup_Path: /recovery
Backup_Name: recovery
Backup_Display_Name: Recovery
Storage_Path: /recovery

/system | /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 | Size: 549MB Used: 415MB Free: 133MB Backup Size: 415MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
Display_Name: System
Storage_Name: System
Backup_Path: /system
Backup_Name: system
Backup_Display_Name: System
Storage_Path: /system
Current_File_System: ext4
Fstab_File_System: ext4
Backup_Method: files

/data | /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 | Size: 1156MB Used: 301MB Free: 855MB Backup Size: 301MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_During_Factory_Reset Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent Can_Encrypt_Backup Use_Userdata_Encryption
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
Display_Name: Data
Storage_Name: Data
Backup_Path: /data
Backup_Name: data
Backup_Display_Name: Data
Storage_Path: /data

/cache | /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 | Size: 293MB Used: 21MB Free: 271MB Backup Size: 21MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_During_Factory_Reset Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
Display_Name: Cache
Storage_Name: Cache
Backup_Path: /cache
Backup_Name: cache
Backup_Display_Name: Cache
Storage_Path: /cache

/sdcard | /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 | Size: 1941MB Used: 1366MB Free: 574MB Backup Size: 2MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_Available_in_GUI Removable IsPresent Has_Android_Secure Is_Storage
Symlink_Path: /sdcard/.android_secure
Symlink_Mount_Point: /and-sec
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
Alternate_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk1
Display_Name: sdcard
Storage_Name: sdcard
Backup_Path: /and-sec
Backup_Name: and-sec
Backup_Display_Name: Android Secure
Storage_Path: /sdcard
Current_File_System: vfat
Fstab_File_System: vfat

/sd-ext | | Size: 0MB Used: 0MB Free: 0MB Backup Size: 0MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_During_Factory_Reset Wipe_Available_in_GUI Removable Can_Encrypt_Backup Use_Userdata_Encryption
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
Display_Name: SD-Ext
Storage_Name: SD-Ext
Backup_Path: /sd-ext
Backup_Name: sd-ext
Backup_Display_Name: SD-Ext
Storage_Path: /sd-ext

/misc | /dev/block/mmcblk0p17 | Size: 0MB
Flags: IsPresent
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
Display_Name: misc
Storage_Name: misc
Backup_Path: /misc
Backup_Name: misc
Backup_Display_Name: misc
Storage_Path: /misc

I:Loading package: TWRP (/script/ui.xml)
I:Loading package: TWRP (/sdcard/TWRP/theme/ui.zip)
I:Loading package: TWRP (/res/ui.xml)
I:Loading resources...
I:Loading variables...
I:Loading mouse cursor...
I:Loading pages...
I:Loading page main
I:Loading page main2
I:Loading page install
I:Loading page flash_confirm
I:Loading page flash_zip
I:Loading page flash_done
I:Loading page clear_vars
I:Loading page confirm_action
I:Loading page action_page
I:Loading page singleaction_page
I:Loading page action_complete
I:Loading page filecheck
I:Loading page rebootcheck
I:Loading page wipe
I:Loading page advancedwipe
I:Loading page formatdata
I:Loading page formatdata_confirm
I:Loading page backup
I:Loading page backupname1
I:Loading page backupname2
I:Loading page backupencryption
I:Loading page backupencryption2
I:Loading page checkbackuppassword
I:Loading page backup_run
I:Loading page restore
I:Loading page restore_read
I:Loading page restore_decrypt
I:Loading page try_restore_decrypt
I:Loading page restore_select
I:Loading page renamebackup
I:Loading page restore_run
I:Loading page selectstorage
I:Loading page mount
I:Loading page usb_mount
I:Loading page usb_umount
I:Loading page reboot
I:Loading page settings
I:Loading page timezone
I:Loading page screen
I:Loading page Vibrate
I:Loading page advanced
I:Loading page partsdcard
I:Loading page htcdumlock
I:Loading page lock
I:Loading page filemanagerlist
I:Loading page filemanageroptions
I:Loading page choosedestinationfolder
I:Loading page filemanagerrenamefile
I:Loading page filemanagerrenamefolder
I:Loading page filemanagerchmod
I:Loading page filemanagerconfirm
I:Loading page filemanageracction
I:Loading page decrypt
I:Loading page trydecrypt
I:Loading page terminalfolder
I:Loading page terminalcommand
I:Loading page sideload
I:Loading page installsu
I:Set page: 'clear_vars'
I:Set page: 'main2'
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
SELinux contexts loaded from /file_contexts
Full SELinux support is present.
Startup Commands: I:Copying file /cache/recovery/log to /cache/recovery/last_log
I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
I:Loading settings from '/sdcard/TWRP/.twrps'.

The actual log is quite long and shows repetition. I included slightly more (two lines are shown twice) than one repetition so you can see what is happening.

Last edited:

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL
OK, I can reliably reproduce and fix the problem in TWRP recovery.

The issue comes up if you are under the settings tab and change the different settings too quickly, say by changing the screen settings, then re-setting to defaults, then changing them again. Evidently, if this is done too quickly, the .twrps file gets corrupted. The next time TWRP is booted, it goes into a loop. If, however, the .twrps file is deleted, TWRP will boot normally.

Reactions: phillibl

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
OK, I can reliably reproduce and fix the problem in TWRP recovery.

The issue comes up if you are under the settings tab and change the different settings too quickly, say by changing the screen settings, then re-setting to defaults, then changing them again. Evidently, if this is done too quickly, the .twrps file gets corrupted. The next time TWRP is booted, it goes into a loop. If, however, the .twrps file is deleted, TWRP will boot normally.

Building another tester for you with a possible fix. I'll let edit this post with the link.

EDIT: I've been unable to reproduce the issue with this recovery: http://www.evervolv.com/get/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-vivow-test2.img
Please re-test everything that should be working again.

Last edited:

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL

phillibl

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Okay I played around a little more and I came across some issues.

The biggest so far is that I cannot make or receive calls. I've tied flashing a few times and fixing permissions with no luck, the screen goes black then my phone restarts.
The other issue I've had is just random laggyness, this is most apparent when rendering webpages in Browser or Chrome.

Thanks for the rom, I look forward to future builds.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Here is the TWRP-2.7.0.0 recovery from preludrew for vivow in a zip file:

http://d-h.st/mla

and here is the CWM-6.0.4.7 recovery from my own build:

http://d-h.st/hGz

Both can be flashed from your current recovery.

Thanks for the twrp zip. Flashed perfectly. Very snappy.

I cannot make or receive calls. I've tied flashing a few times and fixing permissions with no luck, the screen goes black then my phone restarts.

Is this on Verizon CDMA?

In preparation for the next build. I've got a new recovery for ya'all. The latest twrp recovery was using the old 2.6 kernel. This is completely updated for newer roms ( 4.0+), but should still allow older roms to be flashed. This is going to be needed because we'll be adding SELinux support. Please let me know if there are any issues with other roms and I'll look into submitting this for official status.

Looking forward to SELinux build to try now I have twrp running.

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
It's on Page Plus a Verizon MVNO. I hope that's not the issue, no other rom has had issues like that.
I went to put my disc2 on verizon but they are making it difficult. I dialed *228 without being online and got the black screen and reboot as well. So I can say CDMA phone does not work as well. Does data work for you?

Last edited:

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL

TWRP 2.7.0.0 --

Thanks
-Andrew

My builds from Evervolv sources have been failing the last couple of days. Any suggestions?

target thumb C++: crypto_crypto_gyp <= external/chromium_org/crypto/openssl_util.cc
external/chromium_org/crypto/openssl_util.cc:18:26: fatal error: cpu-features.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I apologize for those that had wanted an evervolv rom ages ago and I didn't come through for ya. So here's a jellybean 4.2 rom. It's rough, but definitely something to work with. I'm gonna keep this post short. Read through it for links to releases, nightlies and source.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv releases & nightlies

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

*** Resetting this for v3.2 ***

Wifi

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Has the black screen after the lock screen issue been fixed yet?
    Also I'd like to know why i can't upload pictures to instagram

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

I've begun to ignore your posts. If you can't let me have a life and have some patience with that, then you're issues with the phone are way too important for me to devote my donated time. We're doing this for the fun of it. I don't use this phone, so working on this device has no positive effects on me. The only thing is that I love working on these devices, and I love working with ya'all to get things straightened out. There is always a challenge around the corner, and it's difficult to find 2 people with the same exact issues, which adds to the difficulty and the fun at the same time. I try to monitor xda for any issues ya'all have with the nightlies, I might not reply but it doesnt mean im not looking into the issues. School started up again this week, so i've been busy with a little bit of integration. For everyone else. I'm gonna come up with something for ya'all to help with reporting / debugging bugs with me. For those that can already do it, we're getting into some hardware / kernel related bugs because of the 3.0 kernel integration. The best things are to get a logcat and a dmesg, when the problem occurs. Both may not apply to every situation, but it won't hurt and it's just one extra step to help us help you.

Thanks
    -Andrew
    elginsk8r merged quite a bit of updates from the vivowct kernel. I was able to reproduce the UI freezing after exiting camera/camcorder before these patches, have not been able to with them. Please report back! Also, we're working on a portion of the Evervolv toolbox to handle nightlies, release and test builds. So might make things a little easier to track. Along with a bug tracker.
    We have a 3.0 kernel booting!

<6>[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    <5>[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.0.58-ga53dbaf (andrew@localhost) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 2 21:00:09 MST 2013
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [511f00f1] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIVT ASID tagged instruction cache
    <4>[ 0.000000] Machine: vivow
    Commits that should fix then Phone FC ( occurs when the remote caller hangs up ), and the camera led are on gerrit. I'll most likely be gone this weekend, but will merged them when i get back. As far as the sound and UI freezing / black screen issues, those are next.