Which Apps are Safe to Remove with Titanium Backup?

Search This thread

meber

Jun 24, 2011
Ouya
Hello All,

I purchased a Tab 3 7.0 and after applying root and installing titanium back and am wondering which APKs are safe to remove. I've gotten rid of the music player, music hub, the samsung app store, and there video player.

I was hoping we could get a list together to see what other systems apps are safe to remove.

Thanks!

dtaylorr

good idea

Hello All,

I purchased a Tab 3 7.0 and after applying root and installing titanium back and am wondering which APKs are safe to remove. I've gotten rid of the music player, music hub, the samsung app store, and there video player.

I was hoping we could get a list together to see what other systems apps are safe to remove.

Thanks!

Good first removals.

One of the greatest advantages of Rooting is getting rid of all of the useless BS.

vlucchetti

Dec 3, 2009
Latrobe, PA
I use root explorer, go into system/apps and start marking the apk and odx of files I know I don't/won't use. I move them to my sd card in the "bloat" folder a few at a time and have not seen any issues. 340 MB and rising in there now.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

So far I have:
130521 screensaver
accuweather
blurb
chaton
com2uspoker
facelock
flipboard
fotaclient
gamehub
groupplay
learninghub
magazines
musichub
musicliveshare
paperartist
plusone
polarisoffice
readershyb
samsungapps
samsungservice
samsungwatchon
storyalbum
swype
yahoonews
yahoostock

nykie29

Sep 20, 2012
hey guys can i use this app called "system app remover" to uninstall those? and or maybe can i delete it directly on /data/app and data/data??

biline

Mar 10, 2011
Ottawa
www.biline.ca
Thanks it works

@vlucchetti

First thanks for that link it was helpful:highfive:
I can confirm that almost everything on the list from the link can be safely removed, mind you not everything on the list was installed ;)
I went from an average of over 25+ things being open in memory to 13+ after that cleansing. :victory:

Last edited:
question

how do you check whats running in the background is thier an app for it or anything ..

removed everything from the above list, on both the website, etc .. and just want to check how many processes i have running ..

tab is alot faster now ..

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
how do you check whats running in the background is thier an app for it or anything ..

removed everything from the above list, on both the website, etc .. and just want to check how many processes i have running ..

To see whays running in vackgroung go to app manager in settings and swipe to go to running apps window
The ones running can be seen there
Also the cached apps the app processes tht h been stored in ram for faster multitasking can be found by clicking on cached apps on the top cornee

See the helium script in dev section it is a cwm flashable package to remove bloat

If u wanna find out yourself
Id suggest freezing apps then see if there r any problems then make a backup (if u r still unsure) and safely delete the app. So if u find the need u can just restore it

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlackJin10dan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://techspooler.com/guides/remove-bloatware-apps/1868/

bloatware that can be removed YMMV

I've now removed 520MB of junk
    I use root explorer, go into system/apps and start marking the apk and odx of files I know I don't/won't use. I move them to my sd card in the "bloat" folder a few at a time and have not seen any issues. 340 MB and rising in there now.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

So far I have:
    130521 screensaver
    accuweather
    blurb
    chaton
    com2uspoker
    facelock
    flipboard
    fotaclient
    gamehub
    groupplay
    learninghub
    magazines
    musichub
    musicliveshare
    paperartist
    plusone
    polarisoffice
    readershyb
    samsungapps
    samsungservice
    samsungwatchon
    storyalbum
    swype
    yahoonews
    yahoostock

To see whays running in vackgroung go to app manager in settings and swipe to go to running apps window
    The ones running can be seen there
    Also the cached apps the app processes tht h been stored in ram for faster multitasking can be found by clicking on cached apps on the top cornee

See the helium script in dev section it is a cwm flashable package to remove bloat

If u wanna find out yourself
    Id suggest freezing apps then see if there r any problems then make a backup (if u r still unsure) and safely delete the app. So if u find the need u can just restore it

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk