Recovering photos of the internal storage (mtP)

Search This thread

purplet

Jan 9, 2011
Hi.

Im sorry for the lackluster thread, im kinda in a hurry having my sister in law over who lost 1k photos by pressing something she doesnt remember.
I think its been resetting the phone.
Its running kitkat so its mtp which makes accessing the memory hard.

Is there a way to recover the phones, maybe rooting it (which i think that i can manage to do but i fear to overwrite the data doing it) it?

thx!

purplet

Jan 9, 2011
Thank you so far!
After unlocking and rooting it seems to work, it found some icons and its working and working...i know how long it can take.
Now she has to go home and ill try another day but it made me optimistic to get the icons, so maybe the factory reset didnt delete the pictures.

cuyo11

May 26, 2010
Portland
it's possible, however, a long and complex process. I would only recommend to do it if the info you lose is really important.

purplet

Jan 9, 2011
it's possible, however, a long and complex process. I would only recommend to do it if the info you lose is really important.

It is about 1000 (she said, i think its about 500^^) children photos so yes, it is worth all the work i guess.
Im going to try again later this evening, so far i rooted the phone and the software had first results but we didnt have time to finish.

If anybody comes up with another great idea im totally open, whilling and skilled enough to do about anything but i think that the worst part will be the hours its gonna take to find and then rescure all the data, this time i can say goodbye and they let it work over night:D