By mr-cook, Senior Member on 9th November 2012, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2014, 06:05 AM |#3581  
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

You're right. I don't have a clue what's wrong with your phone. Good luck :thumbup::beer:

oh no guys PLEASE don't give up! i have been waiting the past couple days for a fix! after installing the ajk kernel it was running fine, but when i woke up this morning my phone was like off and really hott! i had to take the battery out to let it cool down, and when i put it back in there was a message displayed saying something like "UNKNOWN" can't remember now, but it had a little android next to it in the top left side and the words in red. I'm stuck with this rom because my boyfriend didn't make a backup of my original one so please guys i beg you to fix this or figure it out! ignore the other guy but he probably is feeling the same way i am.

my phone randomly crashes now and reboots on its on stuck at the google play screen :'(
I'm willing to do what ever to fix it.

edit: that message that was displayed was in yellow and said( POWER RESET OR UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE ) and red numbers at the top saying [RST_STAT = 0X20000000 ] it just happen to me again

18th May 2014, 10:25 AM |#3582  
Flag Washington D.C.

More
nobody's going to help me? :'( I don't even know what to do now! and my boyfriend won't be back from the military until August! gosh I wish I never did this... has me crying
18th May 2014, 04:34 PM |#3583  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,453

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmin87

nobody's going to help me? :'( I don't even know what to do now! and my boyfriend won't be back from the military until August! gosh I wish I never did this... has me crying

I'm very sorry for your problems. I'm not trying to be stingy with my knowledge. I honestly have no clue why your phone is giving you that error message "power reset or unknown upload source" at least you gave the exact message.

I did however (which you should have done by now yourself) Google that issue and can't find anything for our device. It seems to be a big problem with s3's however.

My suggestion for you would be to post in the q&a section for our phone (at&t sgh-i777 q&a) and maybe someone else has dealt with this problem or knows what it is. Personally, I've never seen or heard of it happening on our phone.

Again, I'm sorry but i can't help you. If i were in your shoes though i would use the instructions from the first page of this thread to Odin your phone back to stock. If you were here, I'd do it for you but you're not so you're going to have to read and learn for yourself. You can do it and if you have questions, we can help. But the journey is yours to make. If i can do it, you can.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free
18th May 2014, 05:41 PM |#3584  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:

Razen is correct. Odin back to stock is best choice for now. If you follow instructions in first post step by step you can do it. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but the instructions are very clear and precise. I dont know half of what razen does and I was able to do it so I have faith you can to. You found your way to this forum and that's over half the battle. If something goes wrong post and you will be helped, you won't be ignored. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

The grave digger will be the last person in the world to "let you down in a tight spot."
Sent from my SGH-S959G
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grave_digger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grave_digger Ad-Free
19th May 2014, 03:25 AM |#3585  
Flag Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 2,488

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by va540area

A little hard to believe that both my galaxy s2 phones are defective, and somebody else was having this power issue as well, if it was a hard ware issue it would had been doin this before i flashed anything running on stock, plus shostock3 booted fine, it just looks like you guys havent a clue whats going on and are not willing to figure it out.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

We can only help you troubleshoot so far. We don't have ur phones in front of us, so we have to simply trust that u have followed the suggestions given, completely. And we understand ur frustrations because we have all been there, if not with this phone, then with others. But the bottom line for now is if ur phone works without any issues while on Stock firmware or SHOstock, then the simpliest thing is to just keep running one of those.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote:

I agree with what has been suggested by the very helpful xda family members before me, to go back to Stock firmware. And just stay with running that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4-2ndtwin Ad-Free
20th May 2014, 08:48 AM |#3586  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I highly suggest you to install the latest ShoSTOCK3! i had similar problems as you running on cooks and i went ahead and installed shostock3 'again' just to see if wht problems i was having really was my phone "s" (even though i already new it wasent) i had nothing to lose. But did have something to gain. my phone is running flawless! No bootloops, no freezing, no crashes, everything is smooth, transitions are fast! Camera opens in .2 seconds, on cooks it took 2 seconds. Shostock is very similar to cooks expect multi window works and again runs flawless, and the ink lock screen is super smooth, no lag at all. Only things wrong are the dpi settings they used suck, makes everything look smaller, they did that to give you an extra row for applications but it sucks because it cuts some wigets off at the end of them, but im getting use to it! Also not feeling the battery widget used, looks cheap but getting use to that as well, And they are very small sacrifices to make to have a fast error free phone. Trust me! If you want jelly bean, and i know you do! Dont go back to stock! Cooks gave you a bad first experiance, but it dont haft to be bad, smile cuz its not your phone giving you these problems, it was the rom, and theirs a easy fix. Install shostock!

Btw Shostock isent even overclocked and it runs smoother and faster, i played the same game "warcraft 2" on both roms. On cooksi777 is would freeze and make my phone very hot! 20 minutes later the phone would crash. Playing same game on same phone just diffrent rom, no problems at all, can play till the battery dies. If you need help installing shostock3 shot me a message.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

I completly understand, and you can trust i installed the rom correctly, it must be a bug in it or something to make it bootloop when powering up. I can promise you its not a hardware issue either for simple facts it dident do that before the installation, nor did it with other roms. My only concern now is that it goes unknowledge. And im very shocked that only a few of the selected phones are showing these issues, if its not the developers phone showing the issues it very hard to fix... i would imagine. But it is at least now a known issue that a percentage of people could incounter, just unfortunately theirs not a fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to va540area For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift va540area Ad-Free
20th May 2014, 09:18 AM |#3587  
Flag Washington D.C.

More
that sounds really good! I'm not as good as you installing these things though is the only thing, you make it sound so easy! like "just do it!" lol. I am willing to do something though, i can't have my phone restarting on me out of the blue and giving me false error messages until August. and your rite, i don't want to go back to stock ugh, I was willing to take the risk just to get away from Gingerbread! Shostock3 sounds good! and i think i can trust your word since we both had the booting problems so i can still have a fully functional fast phone running on JellyBean!!! my biggest dream can still come true!!? I'm all inn! i already did a search and found ShoStock3 and reading the instructions looks pretty simple i think i might give it a try, i just got off cam with my huby and he explained a lot of it to me and also assured me that the problems were caused by the rom and my phone is and will be fine! but guys you should really try to look into it because i already feel sorry for anybody else that installs cooks and has them same issues it can be scary. thanx for being here for me XDA!

i can say i have learned something new since these problems accured "smiles with hope."

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote:

I'm very sorry for your problems. I'm not trying to be stingy with my knowledge. I honestly have no clue why your phone is giving you that error message "power reset or unknown upload source" at least you gave the exact message.

I did however (which you should have done by now yourself) Google that issue and can't find anything for our device. It seems to be a big problem with s3's however.

My suggestion for you would be to post in the q&a section for our phone (at&t sgh-i777 q&a) and maybe someone else has dealt with this problem or knows what it is. Personally, I've never seen or heard of it happening on our phone.

Again, I'm sorry but i can't help you. If i were in your shoes though i would use the instructions from the first page of this thread to Odin your phone back to stock. If you were here, I'd do it for you but you're not so you're going to have to read and learn for yourself. You can do it and if you have questions, we can help. But the journey is yours to make. If i can do it, you can.

I think I will do that, can you bump me in the rite direction to the i777 forum
20th May 2014, 11:34 AM |#3588  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,453

More
Quote:

I think I will do that, can you bump me in the rite direction to the i777 forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2-att/help
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free
20th May 2014, 04:55 PM |#3589  
Thanks Meter: 3,284

Donate to Me
More
We're all here to help!

By the way, the problem both of you have been having with cooked is not due to the rom. I've not run cooked, but I can tell you from reading the forums for 2-1/2 years, and from observing the symptoms that your phones have had, that the problems are caused in the kernel layer, not the rom layer. That doesn't mean that the kernel is buggy either. AJK (Siyah based) is very configurable with stweaks, and it is very likely that you could get the phone running smoothly with cooked and AJK by adjusting the settings. But it's a pain, and if you don't understand what you are doing, you would need help.

As stated above, I do recommend SHOstock3. It is stable. As they say, it just works "out of the box." I would, however, strongly recommend that you stay with the included Jebo kernel, and not install AJK.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift creepyncrawly Ad-Free
20th May 2014, 11:48 PM |#3590  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 18

More
That sounds like a good explanation for the symtoms only thing is their arent any tweaks in stweaks to adjust booting options other then removing the boot animation and i tryed to do that and it dident work, still played it. And when i first installed shostock i was tempted to install ajk with it but as i play around with it relized it dont even need it, runs super smooth as is. Very stable. Is their a way to change DPI settings with out using a app? Tryed it and things went crazy, thats the only thing that bothers me. Ocd

21st May 2014, 12:54 AM |#3591  
Flag Washington D.C.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly

We're all here to help!

By the way, the problem both of you have been having with cooked is not due to the rom. I've not run cooked, but I can tell you from reading the forums for 2-1/2 years, and from observing the symptoms that your phones have had, that the problems are caused in the kernel layer, not the rom layer. That doesn't mean that the kernel is buggy either. AJK (Siyah based) is very configurable with stweaks, and it is very likely that you could get the phone running smoothly with cooked and AJK by adjusting the settings. But it's a pain, and if you don't understand what you are doing, you would need help.

As stated above, I do recommend SHOstock3. It is stable. As they say, it just works "out of the box." I would, however, strongly recommend that you stay with the included Jebo kernel, and not install AJK.

so technically speaking... couldn't we just install a different kernel and that would eliminate the issues if it indeed is not the Rom? I'm feeling super smart now lol. Of course i have no idea what kernel to use with Cooks or how to choose one. :/

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2-att/help

thanx so much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)