How to use the finger scanner with one hand

Search This thread

zeu569

May 3, 2004
Galaxy S5 can only detect a downward swipe across the scanner at a very specific angle. So you better register your thumb on the angle you always use whenever you unlock your phone.

It works upwards as well. I only registered my thumb at one angle but seems to work even if I tilt the angle. More than 90deg it doesn't work

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

dwardo1077

Feb 3, 2011
What really throws the scanner off is burning off your finger-print whilst stupidly picking up a hot keels from an open fire.
Had to chose another finger till it heals..:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Give this round to Apple, tap to unlock is a better way than tap and swype as far as fingerprint unlocking goes. However with a little learning curve Samsung's method isn't that more complicated. As a matter of fact and contrary to reports, you can unlock it with just one hand.

The key is to understand that the scanner is built in the home button, and the reason you swype from the screen down is that your full fingertip goes through the home button in a straight vertical line. The key is exactly that: straight vertical line though the middle of the home button, and with practice you can set up your thumb too, in a horizontal way for one-hand unlock.

Just be patient while you figure out how Samsung likes the input, straight down from screen through the middle of the home button, once you get used to it and successfully put the 10 steps in, unlocking should work with the thumb too. Can't guarantee every time, but there is a speed and angle where it works just fine, straight, through the middle in about 1,5 seconds. More to come when I write my mainly camera focused review, thx to the XXLGSM guys for the test unit.
    Register your thumb print during the configuration by using different angles of your print and it will greatly improve accuracy.
    I tried my toes but it didnt work lol
    I think the problem most people are having is that they're swiping too fast. The speed shown in the video is perfect. That's the way I've been doing it and have had just about a 100% success rate.

Slow and steady wins the race :good:
    I would have preferred touching the home button like the iPhone instead of swiping. But we all know no way in hell Samsung can afford to implement the same thing as Apple now and get away.

Overall works decently, prefer to have an option like this and keep my device more secure with a strong alternate password to back the fingerprint. Even if it works 75% of the time I'm OK.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yep. We all known the round button takes a huge space and causes the bezel much bigger.