LG Optimus L7 II P710

Search This thread

TheMarooner

May 18, 2014
Targu Mures
Hey guys! I'm so noob in this area so... I need some help.
I rooted my P710 using Framaroot and Gandalf exploit(I don't even know what's that). I don't want a custom ROM(from what I know is a custom android OS, which works better than the original if is installed)
Anyway, the phone works fine, no problem after rooting. But today I should recive a software update. Is the software update affected by root or root by the software update? If yes, I should unroot to make the update?
And there are two major bugs on the L7: sometimes the downloaded apps are showed twice; I mean, I use folders and downloaded apps are in folders and out of them at the same time. I'm the only one who have this issue? And second: my battery percentage is not really accurate: I have the stock 2460 mAH battery and it should be more durable(I charge it to 100%, but in 5 minutes is at 81% - I solve it by overcharging about 30-60 mins).
Is there any way to fix this if the update won't?
Thanks a lot, sorry because I'm a big noob, but I hope I will learn, that's why I joined xda-developers today.

Last edited:

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
I rooted my P710 using Framaroot and Gandalf exploit(I don't even know what's that). I don't want a custom ROM(from what I know is a custom android OS, which works better than the original if is installed)
Anyway, the phone works fine, no problem after rooting. But today I should recive a software update. Is the software update affected by root or root by the software update? If yes, I should unroot to make the update?
And there are two major bugs on the L7: sometimes the downloaded apps are showed twice; I mean, I use folders and downloaded apps are in folders and out of them at the same time. I'm the only one who have this issue? And second: my battery percentage is not really accurate: I have the stock 2460 mAH battery and it should be more durable(I charge it to 100%, but in 5 minutes is at 81% - I solve it by overcharging about 30-60 mins).
Thanks a lot, sorry because I'm a big noob, but I hope I will learn, that's why I joined xda-developers today.
Hey mate,
I read somewhere here that LG SW updates don't like rooted devices, and that once you attempt to perform the update on a rooted phone, the update fails and then keeps displaying an annoying message. Unrooting is an option, but bear in mind that it doesn't always return the phone to its original state, and the update process may well notice the rooting tracks and behave the same way described above. In addition, even if you managed to root your phone in the previous version, no one promises that it should succeed again after update (I keep reading complaints here about how delicate the the rooting process is). My point here is that you need to consider whether you really need this update.
Don't know anything about the double showing of apps. Regarding battery state: I always use the GSAM battery monitor app for this purpose - great app that can shed some light about the status of your battery (including what makes it drain).

Reactions: TheMarooner

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
Well, I don't know. What is the worst thing it can happen if I perform this update?

Sent from my LG-P710 using XDA Free mobile app

Like I said: The update may notice your phone is rooted (even after unrooting), fail the update and furthermore produce an annoying repeating notification. Didn't happen to me - just quoting others (can't find the thread saying that). If you wish to update, unroot first (hoping the update process doesn't notice the rooting).

TheMarooner

May 18, 2014
Targu Mures
Okay. And it's impossible to hide that notification? I will unroot it and then make the update... I will come back to say how it was.

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
Okay. And it's impossible to hide that notification? I will unroot it and then make the update... I will come back to say how it was.

Here's one place I read about this issue (post #12). Vaguely remember seeing it in other threads, but couldn't find them now.
Anyway - good luck. Please report if you try.

TheMarooner

May 18, 2014
Targu Mures
Yeah, I won't do the update :)
Maybe a custom ROM if I find somebody who can help me :)
I mean, to explain everything, you know... I'm noob :)

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
Yeah, I won't do the update :)
Maybe a custom ROM if I find somebody who can help me :)
I mean, to explain everything, you know... I'm noob :)

Well I'm afraid I don't have good news for you here either. There are currently no custom ROMs for any of the LG L7 II devices at all. However, it seems that some developers here are working on them as we speak, so I'd expect to be seeing them here soon enough.:fingers-crossed:

TheMarooner

May 18, 2014
Targu Mures
Soon or later somebody will do a good one, but 'till then we have to wait.
I like the stock OS, with the Optimus Theme and all others feautures(eg the status bar). Anyway, I want to buy a G2 or a G3, I find it a beautiful phone(for me, every LG is beautiful - I know that some of you don't like LGs' design)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey mate,
    I read somewhere here that LG SW updates don't like rooted devices, and that once you attempt to perform the update on a rooted phone, the update fails and then keeps displaying an annoying message. Unrooting is an option, but bear in mind that it doesn't always return the phone to its original state, and the update process may well notice the rooting tracks and behave the same way described above. In addition, even if you managed to root your phone in the previous version, no one promises that it should succeed again after update (I keep reading complaints here about how delicate the the rooting process is). My point here is that you need to consider whether you really need this update.
    Don't know anything about the double showing of apps. Regarding battery state: I always use the GSAM battery monitor app for this purpose - great app that can shed some light about the status of your battery (including what makes it drain).