[Q] HTC Desire 310, need help for root, rom, cwm ...

Search This thread

bootdrive

May 8, 2014
Hi @ all, Im am new here q xda-developers and the Android OS.

I have the HTC Desire 310, the first HTC Device with a Quad Core 1,3 Ghz Meditek ARM MTK 6582 & Mali 400

Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Mediatek MT6582M
CPU Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU Mali-400MP2
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB, 1 GB RAM

I have looking all around and could´t find any way to root it. I´ve read that HTC has a locked Bootloader so i am not sure if i could use Tools like Shuame or MTK Droidtools to Root the HTC Desire 310.
The same Problem is about a CWm to make a Backup and to have a Rom to change some things .

The other thing is that i am looking for a rom for that phone and can i use any of the other roms that are for MTK 6582 based phones or do i need some special things becouse of HTC?

Can i handle the HTC Desire 310 like any other MTK6582 with Mali 400 GPU Platform or are they something specials becouse of HTC ?

And is it possible to port some KitKat Rom from another "Stock Android" to the HTC Desire 310?

In the meaning the old three Questions for a new Phone:

1. How to Root?
2. How to install CWM and made a recovery ROM?
3. Where to Hell, are all the cool Roms for my Phone? ( or how can i make it self?)

Hope you can help me guys to find my way for that goals.

Reactions: joldisadrian

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas

I have the HTC Desire 310, the first HTC Device with a Quad Core 1,3 Ghz Meditek ARM MTK 6582 & Mali 400

Chipset Mediatek MT6582M
GPU Mali-400MP2
Internal 4 GB, 1 GB RAM

I have looking all around and could´t find any way to root it. I´ve read that HTC has a locked Bootloader so i am not sure if i could use Tools like Shuame or MTK Droidtools to Root the HTC Desire 310.
The same Problem is about a CWm to make a Backup and to have a Rom to change some things .

The other thing is that i am looking for a rom for that phone and can i use any of the other roms that are for MTK 6582 based phones or do i need some special things becouse of HTC?

Can i handle the HTC Desire 310 like any other MTK6582 with Mali 400 GPU Platform or are they something specials becouse of HTC ?

And is it possible to port some KitKat Rom from another "Stock Android" to the HTC Desire 310?

1. How to Root?
3. Where to Hell, are all the cool Roms for my Phone? ( or how can i make it self?)

try framaroot

you can unlock it at htcdev, but it is less useful then a regular unlock. remember, im not an htc head, i spend most of my time with lg and samsung stuff.

Reactions: bootdrive

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
Yup
Framaroot will help

And I guess that htcdev won't be that helpful as Sony itself couldn't unlock the bootloader of xperia c
Root then build cwm from yuweng's recovery porting tool
Still try Framaroot then MTK droid root tools then report

Press thanks :good: if I've helped :highfive:

Reactions: bootdrive

bootdrive

May 8, 2014
Sorry Framaroot didn´t work. I´ve trie´d all the three options.

Any Other Ideas?
What is with tools like Shuame?

For the rooting, have i to use some HTC stuff or tools specialized for the mediatek devices? Or both?

I´ve found some sites, talking aboutthe upcoming Kitkat´s for Mediatek Boards like the MTK 6582

HERE They say that they have a ROM, would that be helpfull for the HTC Desire 310, if i follow all of these steps in that Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2123239?

And i have read that all HTC Devices have S-On and i have to "S.off" it before rooting?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582&nocache=1?

Last edited:

tentrahedrite

Aug 1, 2011
DKI Jakarta

Chipset Mediatek MT6582M
GPU Mali-400MP2
Internal 4 GB, 1 GB RAM

1. How to Root?

i want to buy this device, but i will wait until it can be root. and i want to ask you, did your device have an autofocus? i have no clue about this, and maybe you can help to answer this. thanks.

EternalFame

Jan 11, 2011
I rooted my Desire 310 using "Root Genius" without a problem :)

But today i bricked it because i Made a Backup with mtk droid tools and wanted to make cwm for it :/
The reflashing using sp Tool was Bad D;

bootdrive

May 8, 2014
@ tentrahedrite
The HTC Desire 310 have no autofokus and that is for all Kamerfunctions not so good. Picture are ok in Daylight but at night or in rooms its all the pictures are to dark. The same when a Motiv is to near, Fixfokus style ...

My Reason to buy it was the Performance of the MTK8582, 17313 Antutu, If could choose again i would buy some othe Phone with MTK6582 or similar. The Performance is also the same, but screen could be bigger and camera vetter and more internal Memory.

@ EternalFame

That are really bad news, I knew that frustrating feeling if no possible fix is reachable. I am very sorry for you, Bro.
That was my Reason to ask here the Experts befor start experiments.
But i mean they are ways to fix it, i could imagine that the xda-developer member, called : baadnews can find him at insertcoin-roms, the most common expert for HTC stuff, maybe knew some ways. Is a try worth.

But for the beginnig, it is good to know the Rooting with RootGenius is Possible, i am just wondering why it works, because they say , befor rootimg, S-Off have to be Set instead of S-On. What means the the Bootloader or something is locked. Not sure if that is right.
But on the other side, that is the first HTC Device with a Meditek SOC.

If i can in any way help, just say bro

(sorry all for my bad english)

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
Just dump the recovery via flashify and add a .img extention to it if it isnt there
Then try and reflash it via mobile uncle tools

Press thanks :good: if I've helped :highfive:

chuyenvh

May 19, 2014
You can root with Kingo Android ROOT. But I have boot loop with i flash recovery HTC desire HD. You do not have stock rom? Give me the link? Sorry i use google translate

Chipset Mediatek MT6582M
GPU Mali-400MP2
Internal 4 GB, 1 GB RAM

1. How to Root?

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

me too,

But today i bricked it because i Made a Backup with mtk droid tools and wanted to make cwm for it :/

Sãñ-android

May 31, 2014
Hello...guyzz....m 'n a gr8 problem can anyone hlp me out.....I didnt knw that HTC desire had a emulated sd card n I messed up my vold.fstab...but I forgot to get a backup of it....can anyone please provide me a stock vold.fstab file for HTC desire 310...it will b vry much helpful...thnnx!!!

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

try framaroot

you can unlock it at htcdev, but it is less useful then a regular unlock. remember, im not an htc head, i spend most of my time with lg and samsung stuff.

plzz anyone provide me a stock vold.fstab for HTC desire 310

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I too rooted using vroot...but messedup my vold.fstab...but frgot to take a backup of it...now my sdcard is nt showing up...plzz someone provide me with a stock vold.fstab of desire 310!!!

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
Hello...guyzz....m 'n a gr8 problem can anyone hlp me out.....I didnt knw that HTC desire had a emulated sd card n I messed up my vold.fstab...but I forgot to get a backup of it....can anyone please provide me a stock vold.fstab file for HTC desire 310...it will b vry much helpful...thnnx!!!

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

plzz anyone provide me a stock vold.fstab for HTC desire 310

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I too rooted using vroot...but messedup my vold.fstab...but frgot to take a backup of it...now my sdcard is nt showing up...plzz someone provide me with a stock vold.fstab of desire 310!!!

god.. just take the stock rom and copy it.

Reactions: Sãñ-android

Sãñ-android

May 31, 2014
god.. just take the stock rom and copy it.

sorry...m a noob...cant make out... desire 310 uses a generic vold.fstab 2.0 ...and I messed it up without a backup.
..as the phone is new no stockroms or vold.fstab are found...in web....I tried other variant vold.fstab same as mine...of mtk lower version processors and even...tried to correct my original vold.fstab..but all in vain...the sd card is now nt showing up...and even a hard reset cant solve the problem...please hlp me....anyone...!!...:(:cyclops:

W4M80

Jun 20, 2014
Stuck on HTC logo, need help

I need help!

I tried installing GLTools when my HTC Desire 310 freezed. After reboot it's stuck at HTC logo.I can still boot into recovery. I can't find any rom for this phone. Can someone upload stock rom or boot.img? Thank you

Last edited:

TitoAbll666

Nov 21, 2013
im root my htc desire 310 with one aplication

try framaroot

i finnaly rooted my phone whith a program i dont know his name

ROOT´óʦ
жÔØ ROOT´óʦ is on chinesse or korean but os unlock work partial install kink user or super su manually and busybox and all well one thing some app dont work because is a memory emulated

sorry for my bad english:fingers-crossed:

mhnmhnmhn

Jun 29, 2014
need a help

I rooted my htc desire 310 with RootGenius without any problem.
but today when I installed cwmrecovery by mtk droid root & tools , my phone reset and when it arrive in htc logo it reset again and again.
it dose n't go to recovery and fastboot.
please someone help me.
sorry I can n't write english very well

atomicr

Nov 30, 2010
root

VRoot will succesfully root your HTC Desire 310. I did it and it was super fast and easy.
About CWM, I guess, we need to wait more until thing get more stable.
I can't find any of roms for Desire 310, so no need to install cwm or mess something with device yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM 6!

Hello Guys!
    I have some excellent news!! Finally i managed to put a CWM to my HTC D310! All you have to do is follow this tutorial, it's real easy!

PIXECT_20141114082845.jpg

PIXECT_20141114082916.jpg

I HAVE FOUND THIS TUTORIAL HERE AND I HAVE JUST FOLLOWED IT AND MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU TO DO IT. (BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY POSTS AND ITS IN RUSSIAN). SO SAY THANKS TO pavloseredjuk, & Gregorius_MC !

If you have installed the software update, continue reading. If not go to step C.

a. Getting the Required files!
    1.a Download This. That is a HTC D310 Official Firmware.
    2a. Download SPFlashTool and extract it somewhere. (ex. Desktop\FlashTools)
    3a. Download MTKDroidTools
    4a. Download the Driver and this one too and install them!
    5a. Download the recovery

b. After you download and install/extract all of this above, proceed:
    1b. Remove the battery from the phone, and start up the SpFlashTool ( in windows7 run as Admin)
    2b. Click on the Scatter Loading, and locate where you have extracted the file in Step 1a. When u open the folder, u will have MT6582_scatter_1.00.1402.6. (Downloading agent - DA_SWSEC.bin)
    3b. When the SPFlashTool is done reading the Scatter, you go to -> Options ->Download-> DA with CheckSum TICK IT! AND DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE (in options)
    4b. Now, go back to the main screen and click DOWNLOAD.
    5b. After clicking download, hold the VOL- button on your phone while plugging it with the usb cable! Hold it untill u see the RED bad on your SpFlashTool! After that - the process for flashing begins ( it takes for 5-10 minutes).

c. After you have flashed the phone:
    1c. Root it! (RootGenius is good)
    2c. Install Link2SD
    3c. Open Link2SD and fine the EMAIL.apk, and uninstall it ( you can do it in other ways, just uninstall some system APP)
    4c. Go to About Phone ->Software update -> AND DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE!
    5c. When is finished downloading, click Install. The phone will try to install the UPDATE, but it will fail. So you click reboot system now. ( very important step)
    6c. Right away you start up the MTK Droid Tools. Click the Root button ( down-right) to get the Shell Root.
    7c. Go to the Root Backup and Recovery tab and click Install already prepared files!
    8c. Than you choose the ones you got in the step 5a. It will ask u do you want patched boot, you click NO, than click yes twice!
    9c. That would be all!!
    d. If you were succesful at installing CWM, and you want a newer, CWM 6 version?
    - Download this and flash it via rashr.

P.S To access the CWM, turn off phone, hold VOL+ and POWER Button! :laugh:
    HTC Desire 310 full backup

Have a nice day !

HTC DESIRE 310 STOCK BACKUP
    :cowboy:
    [Modified Stock Rom Backup]

custom-roms.png

I am pleased to present to you My Stock Rom BACKUP for HTC Desire 310 Single Sim.

You will need acces to recovery mode for instaling it !

Features :

• -Rooted
    • -Removed bloatware
    • -Latest Gapps 15.05.2015
    • -Visualy tweaked Kitkat/Lolliop style

Instructions
    Pre-requisites: rooted device, instaled and working CWM Recovery. Full guide HERE !

1. Download BACKUP, unzip and put it on the phone's sd card
    2. Boot into recovery.
    3. Restore the files from sd card
    4. Reboot and enjoy.

Some system apps where removed so i don't recommend to do a factory reset. Your device will still work but you will miss keyboard app and other system apps.
    Just in case if you do a factory reset: install Mobogenie or other similar program on your PC and push the apk files to device ;).

* This is a Rooted Stock Rom BACKUP
    * I am not responsible for any damages on your device

Huge thanks to XDA for everything !

And please

sZuhfA.jpg
    Try Sp Flash tools. You will need a scatter file and stock rom files . :D (scatter file included in my backup )

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using XDA Free mobile app
    HTC Desire 310

Hello everyone,Sorry for my english, finally revived my brick HTC Desire 310 I did so launched SP_Flash_Tool clicked on Scatter-loading file chose MT6582_scatter_1.01.862.1 and clicked on Download and connect your phone and everything went after the end unplug the usb and turn on the phone, phone will be a long time to boot nothing terrible all right, one does not correspond CID-and, as with the inclusion of a warning window pops up, but I think it is a trifle compared with the brickwork.

Here is the link to the firmware and SP_Flash_Tool

https://yadi.sk/d/2RSDuLs5bZvwb - firmware
    https://yadi.sk/d/var4oW0LbZvyV - SP_Flash_Tool