Q&A thread for TWRP Unofficial

Search This thread

simonsickle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
oh its big. 4.28 gigs. and in a moment, I'm going to try to restore the backup. I get really nervous doing that because my last few backups done via TWRP have failed on restore.

Edit:
Ran a restore off of a nandroid I made yesterday using this version. The result was Restore Complete: Failed.

Now, I need to figure out how to get back to recovery so I can fix my phone. FML.. I just hate using other recoveries.
Edit2: after about 20 minutes of trying to get anywhere, I finally got ADB to reboot recovery, tried to flash one rom, that didn't work, panic rising, I was able to finally run my super secret hidden rom that Is kept as a last ditch backup. So at least I can get the phone up and running so I don't miss too much work.

I just do not understand why twrp doesn't work. The only thing I haven't tried is saving to the internal, but I'm a little gunshy at this point ya know?

You're probably doing it wrong then. I'm running off a backup I made I'll build you another recovery with updated sources tonight. Also try flashing cm. It's stable right now. Audio is not 100% but it does work

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ufkal

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Simon, just curios on what's the difference between your version and the official as the official mentions your help? Thanks

ufkal

Sep 10, 2010
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I've been running your version of TWRP, but I can not get a successful backup when using my external SD card. I even bought a new SanDisk 64 micro SD thinking that had to be the problem. I can back up to my internal, but obviously that is not ideal.

Any help here would be appreciated.

TIA

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I've been running your version of TWRP, but I can not get a successful backup when using my external SD card. I even bought a new SanDisk 64 micro SD thinking that had to be the problem. I can back up to my internal, but obviously that is not ideal.

Any help here would be appreciated.

TIA

Change your backup directory. Don't remember the setting to do so but if u look around u can find the setting. Works fine for me also running same sd card as you.

ufkal

Sep 10, 2010
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Change your backup directory. Don't remember the setting to do so but if u look around u can find the setting. Works fine for me also running same sd card as you.

I assume you mean something other than just switching between internal and external SD? If so, I'll have to dig, I've never seen that option. If you just mean switch to save on external, I've done that, and get non operable backups.

Top Liked Posts