When Wi-fi is enabled &device is idle/sleep, not getting emails & chat notifications

Search This thread

Muthu511

May 20, 2014
When Wi-fi is enabled &device is idle/sleep, not getting emails & chat notifications

Hello Team,

I bought New S5 T-mobile Version. When my Wifi is enabled and the device is sleep or idle, emails, facebook, whatsapp and other notifications are not coming. I sent a test email from another device and whatsapp message from my friends device. I did not got any notification when my phone was idle. Once I press the home button or power button and unlock my device, immediately all the notifications are coming. I am not facing this when my mobile data is active. This happens only in Wifi. Tried in couple of wifi networks and the result is same.

After reading some blogs and forums, just typed *#0011# and made Wifi power saving mode off. But no use. Also changed the connection to Static mode and no use.

Request any one of you to help me.

Regards,
Muthu

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
Did you check Wifi always on in settings?

Hello Team,

I bought New S5 T-mobile Version. When my Wifi is enabled and the device is sleep or idle, emails, facebook, whatsapp and other notifications are not coming. I sent a test email from another device and whatsapp message from my friends device. I did not got any notification when my phone was idle. Once I press the home button or power button and unlock my device, immediately all the notifications are coming. I am not facing this when my mobile data is active. This happens only in Wifi. Tried in couple of wifi networks and the result is same.

After reading some blogs and forums, just typed *#0011# and made Wifi power saving mode off. But no use. Also changed the connection to Static mode and no use.

Request any one of you to help me.

Regards,
Muthu

Did you? Wifi never sleep? Do you use Wifi calling? TMO has a reported issue that seems to be hit or miss with WIFI and SMS, and or MMS. Google it for more info.

Billt4spd

May 24, 2014

Did you? Wifi never sleep? Do you use Wifi calling? TMO has a reported issue that seems to be hit or miss with WIFI and SMS, and or MMS. Google it for more info.

Try using an alternate messaging app....I've used Chomp in the past and it seemed to work okay. Also, if you aren't rooted, you can do a phone reset. I'd try the other app first. One more thing, go into the stock messenger settings and restore all defaults. Hope something helps bro!