[solved] Andriod upgrading everytime when restarts

Search This thread

ananthtcr

Apr 11, 2014
Thoothukkudi
Today im Updated 4.3 JB in my Xperia M Dual using SUS...

update was completed successfully...

but everytime when i switch on my mobile it showing,

Andriod is upgrading...

Starting Applications...

What is this?? this is really happen in all mobile or is this any error??

if it is a problem then, how to fix this problem...

Help me experts.....

Last edited:

theperson333

Nov 25, 2012
IIRC, this means android is making new dalvik cache for the apps or the one it has on the phone is old version.

This could indicate problem at \cache\

Try a file explorer. post screenshot of what you see.

Reactions: ananthtcr

ananthtcr

Apr 11, 2014
Thoothukkudi
IIRC, this means android is making new dalvik cache for the apps or the one it has on the phone is old version.

Bro, there is no folder like /cache in my internal and external card...
Pls tell me, the correct path, i will show you immediately...
But, remember one thing my mobile is a rooted one before doing 4.3 update.. Is that the reason for this problem???
Give ans bro..

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Try resetting your dalvik-cache... Use a file explorer with root access or adb shell and delete the folder dalvik-cache found inside /data (or rm -r -f /data/dalvik-cache from adb shell). Right after that you should reboot your phone (after deleting that folder all apps will start FCing, it's ok). In the next reboot the "Android is upgrading" screen will show and will take some time since it'll regenerate the cache. This should fix your problem.

If even after resetting dalvik-cache the same thing keep occurring, then inside /system/app you may have an .odex file for an .apk that contains classes.dex inside (e.g. you have an .odex for an APK that already is deodexed). It's common to occur when using apps like Lucky Patcher to apply patches or apps like Titanium Backup that allow integrating dalvik cache of apps inside system partition...

Reactions: ananthtcr

ananthtcr

Apr 11, 2014
Thoothukkudi
Try resetting your dalvik-cache... Use a file explorer with root access or adb shell and delete the folder dalvik-cache found inside /data (or rm -r -f /data/dalvik-cache from adb shell). Right after that you should reboot your phone (after deleting that folder all apps will start FCing, it's ok). In the next reboot the "Android is upgrading" screen will show and will take some time since it'll regenerate the cache. This should fix your problem.

If even after resetting dalvik-cache the same thing keep occurring, then inside /system/app you may have an .odex file for an .apk that contains classes.dex inside (e.g. you have an .odex for an APK that already is deodexed). It's common to occur when using apps like Lucky Patcher to apply patches or apps like Titanium Backup that allow integrating dalvik cache of apps inside system partition...

Thanks for ur response bro...

my root access is gone after the update..
now i cant able to use titanium backup or file explorer with root access..

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Thanks for ur response bro...

my root access is gone after the update..
now i cant able to use titanium backup or file explorer with root access..

If you updated without wiping data and cache it's very likely to be the cause of this problem, while you had root access one of those apps may have changed something in dalvik-cache and now that you don't have root access anymore Android keeps trying to "optimize" that app every time the phone boots...

ananthtcr

Apr 11, 2014
Thoothukkudi
Problem fixed!!!!!:)

I uninstall some apps which needs root acces and successfully deleted data/cache folder (Which is in hidden state earlier).
Now the Android Upgrading msg not coming..

Thanks Experts!!! You are really Great!!!

Specially thank to theperson333 and mbc07:eek:

Last edited:

55pawan

Jun 7, 2013
new delhi
android is upgrading on boot up

i did the above steps
wiped dalvik cache using cwm recovery
bt still problem persist
on boot up it show android is upgrading...
lemme tell what exactly happened from beginning
im using xperia l(4.2.2) with root access
i installed a keyboard ported from 4.4 to all xperia running jb.(for that i mounted system n flashed the zip using cwm recovery)
n keyboard is working fine bt problem is that
on every boot up
xl shows android is upgrading n takes 5 min to start..
i even searced for. dex app in system bt there is no app with that extension..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.