USB PC Connection Problem

Search This thread

serge327

Jan 3, 2011
Hi, I have a problem that my LG G pro F240s unable to connect to pc, but can charge. I tried fews pc, the problem didn't solve... it is the problem of Mini Usb damaged?

dante_67

Jan 6, 2011
i9100
LG Optimus G Pro
Yes, I have AT&T e980 , it is charging, but once I connect to pc the Windows says that the device has malfunctioned, now don't know its a hardware issue or the software thing

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

serge327

Jan 3, 2011
Yes, I have AT&T e980 , it is charging, but once I connect to pc the Windows says that the device has malfunctioned, now don't know its a hardware issue or the software thing

I think its the hardware issues.. because i unable to connect with the download mode as well.. now my phone bricked. cannot reflash again....

dante_67

Jan 6, 2011
i9100
LG Optimus G Pro
I had the similar issue, I copied the stuff into external sd and flashed Rom from there, but for that you must have an intact recovery

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

But similar kind of problem in two different phones spell something other than the hardware, did you try to install any charge monitoring aap

serge327

Jan 3, 2011
I had the similar issue, I copied the stuff into external sd and flashed Rom from there, but for that you must have an intact recovery

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

But similar kind of problem in two different phones spell something other than the hardware, did you try to install any charge monitoring aap

Nope.. i didnt intalled any monitoring apps... now waiting someone to fix this. But for your opinion, it is a hardware problem?

thaddock

Apr 1, 2016
Nope.. i didnt intalled any monitoring apps... now waiting someone to fix this. But for your opinion, it is a hardware problem?

Im way late to the party on this one but I ran into the same issue with my LG E980 It would charge and even display on explorer , until I tried to open any folders or make any changes. It would crash my explorer I resolved it by switching it to a 2.0 USB port. 3.0 USB ports have connectivity issues with many phones. If your not getting any response from your PC when plugging in at all, you may not have a data capable USB cord .
Hopefully this helps someone.