GPS fixed

Search This thread

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
Hey guys I managed to fix my GPS I changed my GPS.conf file with TopNTP to my local state (Germany) and now it takes one or two SECONDS for the GPS to find my location. And Google Maps finds me now also, one or two seconds (location setting is to only device) and its very accurate. You can try it at your own.

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06

sisqoboy

Apr 28, 2012
Hey guys I managed to fix my GPS I changed my GPS.conf file with TopNTP to my local state (Germany) and now it takes one or two SECONDS for the GPS to find my location. And Google Maps finds me now also, one or two seconds (location setting is to only device) and its very accurate. You can try it at your own.

how does your config.gps look like now?

zordo

Dec 28, 2012
This wont help at all in overall performance. I think all we need is to change our gps pool to a country/region specific one. Horribly inaccurate tracking after i tried this. Makes loops etc.

OK. After testing stock settings again, you really can say that this improves GPS. It doesnt matter that its more inaccurate than on stock because stock gets a lock for 1-2kms on 10km bike rides. Sometimes it doesnt get it at all, and sometimes it tracks the whole route. My Nokia 6220classic had perfect gps... I guess Huawei doesnt like to pay for patents. I use sports tracker, but Maps has the same problems with GPS navigation.

Do I just have to accept that I just have managed to buy a no-gps android-phone again? My last one was GS, which had flawed design considering gps - although it still has way better gps with Cyanogen mod than p6. Navigation unusable on both, but GS had good enough reception for sports tracking apps.

Last edited:

desertflyer

Aug 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I was having slow and unstable GPS lock on T-mobile USA, but using the default settings in TopNTP I'm getting much better GPS performance. I think it's highly dependent on what country you're in.

zordo

Dec 28, 2012
Its way better but still horrible compared to G2 (or old 6220c). Applied it again and got rid of the loop issue.

Sakkar

Dec 6, 2013
TopNTP didn't work for me, unfortunately. I still have to wait a considerable amount of time for GPS to fix location.

zordo

Dec 28, 2012
The GPS is incredibly even worse than on Samsung Galaxy S i9000. And on top of that theres a software glitch which makes the GPS to go off until reboot. Today I had to do a factory reset to get it work on maps and other apps as it just wouldnt turn on. On the plus side, now i got a fix on every attempt when i was outside in under 20s.
Im just angry because not one review mentioned this poor gps-performance. And that means no reviewer is to be trusted. Galaxy s gets a fix inside my apartment and it has a well know hardware issue with gps-antenna. Why did they have to copy every aspect of iphone4? Just copy the looks and fix antenna issues. If the HTC one lookalike from Huawei has the same problems as the original, i'd really look into the possibility of corporate espionage :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.