[Q] Help with lyrics of the stock music player

Search This thread

Saikat.mondol1

Oct 19, 2013
Khulna
I've bought M8 a week ago. I've come from a Symbian belle device, where if I put a .lrc file with same name as the song, it'd show the lyrics while playing songs. Now in M8 I've found there is a lyric downloading settings but I can't seem to see any lyrics on stock Music player. Can anyone help?

AshritShetty

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
I've bought M8 a week ago. I've come from a Symbian belle device, where if I put a .lrc file with same name as the song, it'd show the lyrics while playing songs. Now in M8 I've found there is a lyric downloading settings but I can't seem to see any lyrics on stock Music player. Can anyone help?

In order to view the lyrics you need to go to the visualizer for which you will have to swipe to the right from the music screen :)

Andulias

Dec 4, 2012
In the Visualizer screen press the 3 Dot Button and then Update Lyrics :)

Grace Note will now download the lyrics.

Hey,

I tried this on multiple tracks and it doesn't seem to work. I thought I might fix the issue by modifying the .mp3 files and manually setting the correct album, artist, track number etc., but it still doesn't work. Whenever I try updating the lyrics I get the following notification:

Lyrics from LyricFind
Total 1 lyric(s) checked. 0 lyric(s) updated.

Any thoughts on how I could force it to find the correct lyrics? And it's not like I am trying with an obscure artist, it's Led Zeppelin IV for Christ's sake.

stathis95194

Oct 15, 2008
Nicosia
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Pro
I remember this from my One X days. It's a location issue. You have to trick Gracenote to think that you are in the US through a VPN software and then it will work with no problem.

1) Download and install Hotspot Shield Free from play store
2) Run Hotspot Shield and make sure that Virtual Location is: United States.
3) Play a song and you will see lyrics appearing.
4) Un-install Hotspot Shield
5) Play another song and voila, you always have lyrics

Andulias

Dec 4, 2012
I remember this from my One X days. It's a location issue. You have to trick Gracenote to think that you are in the US through a VPN software and then it will work with no problem.

Thanks a lot for the tip, mate, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. The Wi-Fi at work, which I used to download most of the lyrics the phone did manage to recognize, assigns US-based IP addresses, so I should have had no issues to begin with. I went ahead and tried the fix with Hotspot Shield anyways, but to no avail.

What's even more interesting is that it has downloaded lyrics for individual songs within an album. Why it would recognize one track, but wouldn't the very next one from the same album is beyond me.

Last edited:

randyok@

Feb 10, 2012
Santo Domingo

Wow, I love you (lol). I don't used Hotspot Shield, I used TunnelBear, but it works like a charm!!