[Q] New N3, but Should I update to kitkat

Search This thread

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
Hi All
Just unpacked my new unlocked UK/EU Note 3 and its still on its 1st charge, however, I traded my S4 when I upgraded my contract and the KK on the S4 was abysmal and buggeed...

Question:

Is KK on the Note 3 as broken and would you recommend me to update to 442 or just flash the latest 4.3 in ODIN

Thanks

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hi All
Just unpacked my new unlocked UK/EU Note 3 and its still on its 1st charge, however, I traded my S4 when I upgraded my contract and the KK on the S4 was abysmal and buggeed...

Question:

Is KK on the Note 3 as broken and would you recommend me to update to 442 or just flash the latest 4.3 in ODIN

Thanks

Depends on various things, KK on the Note is fine but JB was also -- I assume it has JB on it hence the KK question? cause you cannot downgrade to JB if KK is already only on it.

Reactions: NightOrchid

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
My recommendation, stay at 4.3 if you don't have any problems. I only update to kk, because Deepsleep problem in 4.3.
After updating to KitKat I don't have the Deepsleep issue.
The SD CARD permission crap for most 3rd party apps is not important for me :D
If for you, than stay at 4.3

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
No, my N3 comes with XXUBMI6 (4.3) dated 11th Sept 2013 at bootup, but this is my works phone for my business, so I want 442 stock to be ok. I have read that theres an Update called MD6 which fixes the bugs of MD5, as long as i get good battery and for the N3 to function as it should then ill just update, but im asking if anyone has had any real issues with KK 442, like the issues on the S4 KK?

Thanks,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My recommendation, stay at 4.3 if you don't have any problems. I only update to kk, because Deepsleep problem in 4.3.
The SD CARD permission crap for most 3rd party apps is not important for me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All i use the SD card for is Photos, which is connected to OneDrive and Music, nothing else.. so like you I didnt have an issue on the SD either, But it sounds like 442 is fine, Ive just been burned by the s4 crap, and am a bit apprehensive..

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
No, my N3 comes with XXUBMI6 (4.3) dated 11th Sept 2013 at bootup, but this is my works phone for my business, so I want 442 stock to be ok. I have read that theres an Update called MD6 which fixes the bugs of MD5, as long as i get good battery and for the N3 to function as it should then ill just update, but im asking if anyone has had any real issues with KK 442, like the issues on the S4 KK?

Thanks,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All i use the SD card for is Photos, which is connected to OneDrive and Music, nothing else.. so like you I didnt have an issue on the SD either, But it sounds like 442 is fine, Ive just been burned by the s4 crap, and am a bit apprehensive..

99 out of 100 users have zero issues with KK on the N3 - I had no issues either. - Go for the update.

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011

Like you I didnt have an issue with the SD permissions, I only used it for Pics, Music and MS Office documents.. so its ok.

Ive just been burned by the S$ KK and Im just a bit wary with my New N3 thats all..

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Note 3 ist the Best phone for me, with 4.3, and also with 4.4.2 :D
Can't say bad things about 4.4.2, but can't say..... go quickly and update your phone because KitKat sounds good or had any new features and so on. Both runs very good..... only Deepsleep was a problem.

If you make a update, do it right at first time. Spend some time an reset it before, use the recovery mode, wipe cache, use Odin and update your phone. Again reset via recovery mode

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
If you flash the original Samsung Firmware with Odin you don't trigger Knox or something else!!!

Thanks all for your help and advice.. Im downloading XXUEND3 dated 14/04, which appears to be the latest one for UK/EU and ill flash with ODIN 309, then wipe through recovery and let you know how i get on.

Ive flashed using ODIN before so i know how it goes

Cheers

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Just to add.

If you are on JB, you have possibility to root (and also update to KitKat with root) without triggering the KNOX. However, on KitKat, there is currently no way to root by not killing the KNOX.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All

Question:

Thanks

Depends on various things, KK on the Note is fine but JB was also -- I assume it has JB on it hence the KK question? cause you cannot downgrade to JB if KK is already only on it.

Thanks,

99 out of 100 users have zero issues with KK on the N3 - I had no issues either. - Go for the update.
    Note 3 ist the Best phone for me, with 4.3, and also with 4.4.2 :D
    Can't say bad things about 4.4.2, but can't say..... go quickly and update your phone because KitKat sounds good or had any new features and so on. Both runs very good..... only Deepsleep was a problem.

If you make a update, do it right at first time. Spend some time an reset it before, use the recovery mode, wipe cache, use Odin and update your phone. Again reset via recovery mode

So be carreful about Knox if you don't want losses your warranty :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk