[4.4.x]Omni Nightlies for Find 7a/7s

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
DO NOT post in this thread until you have read the first three posts and last two pages of this thread in their entirety!

"Me Too" posts for known issues with no useful debugging information WILL BE REPORTED.

This is the thread for Omni nightlies for the Oppo Find 7a and 7s

3nIy01hl.png

http://dl.omnirom.org/find7/

Also, the nightlies support LVM for partition remapping, which allows the two internal data partitions (/sdcard and /data) to be merged into one that uses emulated storage for /sdcard (Android's standard method for ICS and later). Details can be found at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55081626&postcount=546 . LVM is significantly safer than other partition remapping solutions as it does not actually alter the underlying partition table. As a result, switching layouts is MUCH faster than methods which remap the partition table, and switching layouts is more reliable and doesn't fail in strange and difficult-to-repair ways (such as the frequent failures of another solution that can be seen in the ColorOS 2.0.2i beta thread). There's a good chance Oppo will be switching over to this method with a future ColorOS release, especially after their experiences with 2.0.2

For historical reference, I will leave the pre-nightly test builds in the Downloads section of this thread. However, these are now obsolete.

Gapps:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
(this isn't a nexus, use the modular releases, not full)

Omni only supports TWRP recovery, use any alternate recovery at your own risk. Official TWRP for this device is:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2717916

Anyone flashing this should know the usual installation drill... Flash in recovery, flash gapps, wipe data/factory reset. If you don't know how to do these things, this package is not yet ready for users like you.

Thanks go to the following people for their help during bringup:
Jake Whatley and Kristof Petho (Omni)
Max Weninger for polishing the device up and getting it up to nightly readiness after I kind of burned out
Andre Saddler and Hieu Nguyen of the Paranoid Android team

XDA:DevDB Information
Omni for Find 7a/7s, ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
Entropy512, maxwen, xplodwild, jerdog, jakew02
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2014-09-02

Last edited by a moderator:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Reserved

Current status as of 05/20/2014:
GPS works
Wifi works
Cellular radio works (data and voice calls)
Basic camera/camcorder functions work
Bluetooth works (tested with Google Glass and an OBDKey)
Sensors work (except for Google Camera Photosphere - see below)
Audio is flaky - Mic does not work in speakerphone calls (earpiece only) and headsets with microphones cause the audio HAL to barf. There are probably a number of other use cases where audio doesn't work well. Confirmed working are Google Play Music, Google Maps, earpiece calls, Bluetooth calls via Google Glass (Mic in speakerphone/headphones may be fixed in the 5/30 build - won't test until tomorrow.)

Not yet implemented (need to get the basics done first, these shouldn't be too hard since maxwen did them all on N1)
Screen-off gestures for music
"Hey, Snapdragon" voice wakeup - gotta talk to xplodwild about this
Superzoom mode (I'm about halfway there, it's in the 5/30 build but crashes when you take a shot, so effectively isn't really there...)

Known issues:
Rare spontaneous reboots due to the WCNSS firmware crashing (1-2 times/week for me)
Magnetometer (compass) gets "Stuck" if you use Google Camera
LPM (charging when device is off) is broken - device may charge but screen gets stuck on at the Oppo logo. (may sometimes happen when rebooting on charger)

Last edited:

xabierd

Jul 17, 2008
Google Pixel 6
Finally a good vanilla build :)

My camera lenses produce a clicking noise everytime a camera app is closed. It didn't happen with color OS before. ¿is there any issue with it?

Last edited:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
If you want to have a OP more attractive, i know content is attractive but picture too, here it is a simply prez from me...
You can use it freely... or trash it quickly !

I'm not a big fan of flashy posts with lots of graphics. Means more data for my browser to load. :)

Does VOCC Charging works now?
It's in-kernel, it's pretty much impossible to get a device with working charging without VOOC.

Also, 3-ring headsets do not work (ie like the headset that came in the box).
That's what I meant by headsets with mics barf. (although headsets with media controls might be in the same boat...)

There's a typo, it's build in may, not april :good:
WHAT? It's not 4/20??? :( :p

Reactions: silasje1

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
It's begun. Glad to see you got it through entropy.

Once the initial hiccups are ironed out this phone can finally take it's place as the stylish and capable smartphone it should have had from the very start.

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Not yet implemented (need to get the basics done first, these shouldn't be too hard since maxwen did them all on N1)
Doubletap to wake
Screen-off gestures

Since 7a also use F3 for double tap it should be as easy as adding
<bool name="config_offscreenGestureSupport">true</bool>
to framework overlay

whats also the same is circle -> F4
the rest (F5 - F9) is different to the other oppos - actually we might need to filter them
out at the moment until we add support in the framework for them

Reactions: Entropy512

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Since 7a also use F3 for double tap it should be as easy as adding
<bool name="config_offscreenGestureSupport">true</bool>
to framework overlay

whats also the same is circle -> F4
the rest (F5 - F9) is different to the other oppos - actually we might need to filter them
out at the moment until we add support in the framework for them

Thanks!

BTW, what was the story behind https://github.com/omnirom/android_...mmit/0f6126a18e85e254d15421751abe78939beab1fd - were you getting a bunch of input event spam waking up the device during suspend? That's a problem I'm periodically seeing on this device.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Thanks!

BTW, what was the story behind https://github.com/omnirom/android_...mmit/0f6126a18e85e254d15421751abe78939beab1fd - were you getting a bunch of input event spam waking up the device during suspend? That's a problem I'm periodically seeing on this device.

Thats a little help to the "ear opening notification bar on call problem" :)
on the F5 it can take up to 500ms from screen off because of proxy
sensor until TS suspend is done - this filters out events during that time.

Its kinda hacky and doesnt solve the issue all the time but
better then before and little effort and risk.
We dont have the issue on the N1

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

Wasn't that a different patch?

I'm seeing a problem where the device gets stuck wakelocked processing lots of input event spam from somewhere, or it's not properly flushing the key event queue. It's intermittent - sometimes it's absolutely fine, other times it just goes nuts.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012

ah - no :)
LOL I was to much ahead and imagined another change you might
also find at some point ;)

This one is actually obsolete AFAIKS since there is a check
for is_tp_suspended on top of the function. Think this is a "leftover"
for our properitary S2W impl that has been obsoleted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT post in this thread until you have read the first three posts and last two pages of this thread in their entirety!

"Me Too" posts for known issues with no useful debugging information WILL BE REPORTED.

This is the thread for Omni nightlies for the Oppo Find 7a and 7s

3nIy01hl.png

http://dl.omnirom.org/find7/

Also, the nightlies support LVM for partition remapping, which allows the two internal data partitions (/sdcard and /data) to be merged into one that uses emulated storage for /sdcard (Android's standard method for ICS and later). Details can be found at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55081626&postcount=546 . LVM is significantly safer than other partition remapping solutions as it does not actually alter the underlying partition table. As a result, switching layouts is MUCH faster than methods which remap the partition table, and switching layouts is more reliable and doesn't fail in strange and difficult-to-repair ways (such as the frequent failures of another solution that can be seen in the ColorOS 2.0.2i beta thread). There's a good chance Oppo will be switching over to this method with a future ColorOS release, especially after their experiences with 2.0.2

For historical reference, I will leave the pre-nightly test builds in the Downloads section of this thread. However, these are now obsolete.

Gapps:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
    (this isn't a nexus, use the modular releases, not full)

Omni only supports TWRP recovery, use any alternate recovery at your own risk. Official TWRP for this device is:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2717916

Anyone flashing this should know the usual installation drill... Flash in recovery, flash gapps, wipe data/factory reset. If you don't know how to do these things, this package is not yet ready for users like you.

Thanks go to the following people for their help during bringup:
    Jake Whatley and Kristof Petho (Omni)
    Max Weninger for polishing the device up and getting it up to nightly readiness after I kind of burned out
    Andre Saddler and Hieu Nguyen of the Paranoid Android team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omni for Find 7a/7s, ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
    Entropy512, maxwen, xplodwild, jerdog, jakew02
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2014-09-02
    Reserved

Current status as of 05/20/2014:
    GPS works
    Wifi works
    Cellular radio works (data and voice calls)
    Basic camera/camcorder functions work
    Bluetooth works (tested with Google Glass and an OBDKey)
    Sensors work (except for Google Camera Photosphere - see below)
    Audio is flaky - Mic does not work in speakerphone calls (earpiece only) and headsets with microphones cause the audio HAL to barf. There are probably a number of other use cases where audio doesn't work well. Confirmed working are Google Play Music, Google Maps, earpiece calls, Bluetooth calls via Google Glass (Mic in speakerphone/headphones may be fixed in the 5/30 build - won't test until tomorrow.)

Screen-off gestures for music
    "Hey, Snapdragon" voice wakeup - gotta talk to xplodwild about this
    Superzoom mode (I'm about halfway there, it's in the 5/30 build but crashes when you take a shot, so effectively isn't really there...)

Known issues:
    Rare spontaneous reboots due to the WCNSS firmware crashing (1-2 times/week for me)
    Magnetometer (compass) gets "Stuck" if you use Google Camera
    LPM (charging when device is off) is broken - device may charge but screen gets stuck on at the Oppo logo. (may sometimes happen when rebooting on charger)
    Nightlies should start tomorrow morning. Nightlies will include LVM support but multiwindow will be gone.

I chatted with xplodwild - he's decided that once he finishes his current project he's going to rewrite multiwin from scratch based on some recent discoveries that should make it work much better.

Attached are new versions of the LVM setup ZIP, and an updated TWRP image.

If you're already running LVM, don't flash the ZIP as it'll wipe your data again. If the spam about not being able to mount raw_sd and raw_data annoys you, you can flash this TWRP image to get rid of it.

I won't work on cleaning up TWRP properly until I return from vacation - I'm leaving next Saturday and will be gone at least a week and a half. (Might occasionally check forums, but no haxxing anything.)

Known issues remaining with TWRP:
    On LVM configurations, the raw_sd/raw_data stuff is hackish - but I wanted to make sure people had a way to return to a non-LVM configuration without a separate ZIP or flashing anything.
    On non-LVM configurations, there's now an "internal storage" mapped to /data/media that is very small. Don't use it - this is the thing blocking an official LVM-aware TWRP from happening and needs quite a bit of reworking TWRP code to fix.
    Before I leave I might make a small change to the non-LVM configuration to move the TWRP settings storage on non-LVM configs away from /data/media which is ugly.

Honestly if you're not running LVM, it's probably best to just use the standard TWRP until it can properly be fixed. But the image here works for both configurations, it's just not quite optimal for non-LVM in terms of user interface.

More info on LVM setup is at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55081626&postcount=546

I plan on writing a tutorial in a separate thread that is developer-oriented later.
    You can follow changes on omni gerrit if you like. maxwen has pushed a lot of oppo specyfic updates yesterday but they're still have status open. I can only guess he has a booting version by now, but it's up to devs when they will make anything public.
    I've been focusing on resolving remaining derps on my Nexus devices. I consider it a bad idea to move forward on non-Nexus devices until Nexus devices are working - since broken Nexus devices is usually a sign that we broke something somewhere.

Once I finish that, I'm going to be assisting Max with the 7a. He has had some issues with bringup that we're trying to determine if they are 7s-specific. That dual-DSI stuff is a pain in the ass and always has been.

Find7 is basically Omni's pilot device for non-Nexus 8974 support.