[Q] USB 3.0 OTG cable (WD 1TB)

Search This thread

mohamedalzaid

Sep 9, 2010
Hi all, I wanna drop a query here.

Did any body tried to connect Western Digital Hard drive to Note Pro 12.2? I did everything, but really, I was disappointed because I wasn't able to connect it using OTG Cqble.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
What format is it? I haven't been able to get ntfs to work yet, each of my drives show up as blank drives. I'm not about to change them to another format just for this tablet... migrating files off and then back on after formatting wouldn't be worth my time.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
Hi all, I wanna drop a query here.

Did any body tried to connect Western Digital Hard drive to Note Pro 12.2? I did everything, but really, I was disappointed because I wasn't able to connect it using OTG Cqble.

I was able to connect both an NTF and. EXFAT drive to my unrooted NotPro. Had to use special software of the ntf and then it was read only. With the exfat it is r/w and connects with native software.

mohamedalzaid

Sep 9, 2010
I was able to connect both an NTF and. EXFAT drive to my unrooted NotPro. Had to use special software of the ntf and then it was read only. With the exfat it is r/w and connects with native software.

You mean that if I will root my NotPro, then I will be able to connect my 1TB to it, and transfer files, or only reading?

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
You mean that if I will root my NotPro, then I will be able to connect my 1TB to it, and transfer files, or only reading?

If you are willing to root you can connect an NTFS drive and read or write to it. Not sure it matters what size

If you are not willing to root you can only read ntfs but can read/write an exfat drive. Mine is 1Tb. I believe exfat does have a size limit but not sure what it is.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Ironically is not as clear cut as that. I'm rooted and had issues with NTFS. Not sure why, but my 64 gb usb flash drive formatted NTFS would not work, neither would a 1tb Western digital passport. I tried stickmount, paragon and usb otg helper. Eventually dumping all three apps and formatting the flash drive to exfat was the only solution that would work. I'm only monkeying around so I'm not about to try to backup the hard drive to another one just to reformat it to exfat. I guess I'll buy a hard drive someday for this tablet. .. I'm starting to think that exfat is the most reliable way to ensure compatibility.

Reactions: REHolt218
If you are willing to root you can connect an NTFS drive and read or write to it. Not sure it matters what size

If you are not willing to root you can only read ntfs but can read/write an exfat drive. Mine is 1Tb. I believe exfat does have a size limit but not sure what it is.

Well - yes and no.
I've just ordered this tablet and am very exited.
Regarding ntfs:
I tried this on my Note3. Yes i could read/write ntfs drives.
However I could only read 1 logical drive.
I had a 64 Gig stick partitioned in 2 logical ntfs drives. I could only access/detect one of them.
I read that this somehow relates to SE-linux in "enforcing" mode.
Couldn't figure out how to set to "permissive". A simple shell command didn't work. Yes I tried SU'ing the command as well.
Will try to find that post again.
If it is a se-linux related issue it stands to reason that it'll translate to Note Pro as well - doesn't it?
Regards
Elo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ironically is not as clear cut as that. I'm rooted and had issues with NTFS. Not sure why, but my 64 gb usb flash drive formatted NTFS would not work, neither would a 1tb Western digital passport. I tried stickmount, paragon and usb otg helper. Eventually dumping all three apps and formatting the flash drive to exfat was the only solution that would work. I'm only monkeying around so I'm not about to try to backup the hard drive to another one just to reformat it to exfat. I guess I'll buy a hard drive someday for this tablet. .. I'm starting to think that exfat is the most reliable way to ensure compatibility.