FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 3 N9005 hangs frequently !!!

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By akramnawaaz, Junior Member on 20th May 2014, 02:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have Note 3 N9005XXUENC2... recently i have updated it to 4.4.2 usin OTA, but now after update it hangs some time. There is no fix app on which it hangs, sometimes it hangs even in opening the dialer. I have tried doing a reset from recovery and wiped the cash also but still the problem is same.
plz help....

I am thinking of trying official 4.4.2 firmware of some other region may be it could solve the problem
Which region should I try for it ???
can I directly flash it through odin..??? will it trip the Knox???

20th May 2014, 03:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 852

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akramnawaaz

I have Note 3 N9005XXUENC2... recently i have updated it to 4.4.2 usin OTA, but now after update it hangs some time. There is no fix app on which it hangs, sometimes it hangs even in opening the dialer. I have tried doing a reset from recovery and wiped the cash also but still the problem is same.
plz help....

I am thinking of trying official 4.4.2 firmware of some other region may be it could solve the problem

Search for samsung phone info in playstore to check you region or csc.
You could keep the same region as your current phone. Just download the firmware from sammobile or samsung live updates. Then flash with odin. Flashing official fw won't trip knox
Edit:
Just to be safe don't downgrade to 4.3 if you do care about knox. Also it could soft brick your phone
20th May 2014, 06:22 PM |#3  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,546

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

plz help....

OTA updates can sometimes cause issues with people's devices, try the Odin method.

Flashing directly via Odin can fix the issues OTA update brings.
20th May 2014, 07:33 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I am unable to find the appropriate firmware.....in sammobile & samsung live
details of my phone are
CSC: N9005VFGENA4
PDA: N9005XXUENC2
20th May 2014, 07:46 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

OTA updates can sometimes cause issues with people's devices, try the Odin method.

Flashing directly via Odin can fix the issues OTA update brings.

I am unable to find the appropriate firmware on sammobile

details are given below
PDA N9005XXUENC
CSC N9005XXUENC2

However in Phone INFO *SAMSUNG* app
CSC info is shown as SM-N9005ZKEVOD

and under firmware info it is showing CSC as N9005VFGENA4 ...........now this is confusing me.....which region firmware should i try..?
20th May 2014, 07:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:

I am unable to find the appropriate firmware.....in sammobile & samsung live
details of my phone are
CSC: N9005VFGENA4
PDA: N9005XXUENC2

plug your phone into your computer open Kies and it will tell you your phone's country then download firmware from sammobile or through Kies if they have an update for you.
21st May 2014, 07:12 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshaft

plug your phone into your computer open Kies and it will tell you your phone's country then download firmware from sammobile or through Kies if they have an update for you.

I have downloaded the latest firmware of same region but still problem remains the same....
21st May 2014, 08:20 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I have downloaded the latest firmware of same region but still problem remains the same....

Have you done a full wipe from RECOVERY MODE??
21st May 2014, 08:24 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Have you done a full wipe from RECOVERY MODE??

I did that befor trying odin.... but after udating the firmware using odin i have not done the reset yet...
21st May 2014, 08:28 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

I did that befor trying odin.... but after udating the firmware using odin i have not done the reset yet...

Another tip after you do full wipe don't install any app and try phone for 1 day.
21st May 2014, 08:30 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Another tip after you do full wipe don't install any app and try phone for 1 day.

ok then i will be trying this now ....
what about the googke services like gmail and all....should i uodate it or just try the factory version..?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)