Search This thread

zeyadhan

Jul 4, 2012
tripoli
these are screenshots from s5 so yes i didnt get it to boot
er_photo_219373_52.jpg

er_photo_219406_52.jpg

er_photo_219397_52.jpg

i am working to port s5 new ui to our device but i need devs help or anyone know how to port and find errors

i do this because i like the new ui of galaxy s5 beside many people want this so let's start working on it :D

this is the rom i am trying to port http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2722989

i tried many ways to port but no success till now

logcat not working so i cant take a logcat after install the rom it stuck on logo then reboot

Hemantparmar

Apr 20, 2014
Mumbai
I tried to do that with this rom.... I am not a dev. But i changed the modal number n firmware n other stuff in build. Prop. The screen just gone black after it i refresh my old rom after that. Anyway I want to help u out. I want this rom on n900.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Now exynos dev forum going to be exynos general forum. recently many threads started here have nothing to do with development.
If you needs help/guide just look to general forum, if you needs special general forum for exynos you can request to administration and they may consider if it is really helpful.
Request all users here on exynos to keep this forum clean.
Now to main question
-Looking to screenshot we already have magazines,launcher, S5 UI for settings,Quick toggles and recent panels.
Regarding Finger pprint you will never get on Note3 and so also paypal payment system.
Missing part is SystemUI, then better work on how to port SystemUI rather than full ROM port which give easy way out.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeyadhan

zeyadhan

Jul 4, 2012
tripoli
Now exynos dev forum going to be exynos general forum. recently many threads started here have nothing to do with development.
If you needs help/guide just look to general forum, if you needs special general forum for exynos you can request to administration and they may consider if it is really helpful.
Now to main question
-Looking to screenshot we already have magazines,launcher, S5 UI for settings,Quick toggles and recent panels.
Regarding Finger pprint you will never get on Note3 and so also paypal payment system.
Missing part is SystemUI, then better work on how to port SystemUI rather than full ROM port which give easy way out.

you understand me wrong i don't want s5 features ported in n900 i want the whole rom and i know that finger print never will work on note3 because its hardware thing i posted screenshots to show you how s5 ui look like

ereneren564

Oct 31, 2010
Amsterdam
you understand me wrong i don't want s5 features ported in n900 i want the whole rom and i know that finger print never will work on note3 because its hardware thing i posted screenshots to show you how s5 ui look like

you cannot port the whole rom to Note 3. CPUs are different. You need to find a device that has the exact same CPU, hardware and also DPI and resolution. it's almost impossible for Exynos.

zeyadhan

Jul 4, 2012
tripoli
you cannot port the whole rom to Note 3. CPUs are different. You need to find a device that has the exact same CPU, hardware and also DPI and resolution. it's almost impossible for Exynos.

no you are wrong its possible the only different is cpu and its already ported to n9005 so its not impossible to port you just need to know what files need to changes/modify and its the same android version

ereneren564

Oct 31, 2010
Amsterdam
no you are wrong its possible the only different is cpu and its already ported to n9005 so its not impossible to port you just need to know what files need to changes/modify and its the same android version

maybe it's because both are Snapdragon??? Snapdragon and Exynos have totally different architectures. I saw same thing happened when I tried to port a rom from Snapdragon to Tegra 3. It doesnt work. maybe with combining kernels with ramdisk(if i'm not remembering wrong)? It's tough work and before sparing time to something huge like that we need AOSP or CM first.

Reactions: hyunk A
Mar 1, 2012
I am using exynos note3

Pls guys plssss plsssss some one port s5 rom fot exynos n900 note ... only diff is cpus then why we are not able to port ....

Is it possible that we use stock bootloader n kernel n use s5 rom.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Hey hey hey developers plzzzz listen me once ...

Uptill now there isnt a s5 port rom for sm n900 ... bcos processpr is diff b ween exynos n snapdragon.

But now S5 EXYNOS VERSION IS ALSO RELEASED ... pls any dev can take intrest in it and make a exynos s5 port for exynos note 3.

Pls pls some one help us ... we also baught note3 same price as snapdragon is.

I m consedering donation for dev .... pls help

Main prob of diff cpu is now gone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    these are screenshots from s5 so yes i didnt get it to boot
    er_photo_219373_52.jpg

er_photo_219406_52.jpg

er_photo_219397_52.jpg

i am working to port s5 new ui to our device but i need devs help or anyone know how to port and find errors

i do this because i like the new ui of galaxy s5 beside many people want this so let's start working on it :D

this is the rom i am trying to port http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2722989

i tried many ways to port but no success till now

logcat not working so i cant take a logcat after install the rom it stuck on logo then reboot
    I am not a dev. But if you need help on other things ( test or something ) just say it :)

Now to main question

maybe it's because both are Snapdragon??? Snapdragon and Exynos have totally different architectures. I saw same thing happened when I tried to port a rom from Snapdragon to Tegra 3. It doesnt work. maybe with combining kernels with ramdisk(if i'm not remembering wrong)? It's tough work and before sparing time to something huge like that we need AOSP or CM first.
    Hey, if u have tym plz look into this. I dont knw where did i go wrong.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766764