Odd issue with s4mini

Search This thread

kwalsh24

May 1, 2011
Picked up an s4 mini a few months back, all has been well with it till now, I'm having aan issue where my menu button is illuminated but the back button isn't, and the menu button acts like its being held down when I press it quickly and thee phone almost freezes. The back button works randomly.

Here is the kicker, if I turn off the key illumination the buttons work fine, then with it on and the buttons act up.

Anyone else have this issue?

The phone is completely stock, ID warranty it but I cant find my original proof of purchase which the outlet said I needed for the warranty work

Sent from my S4 device via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
Picked up an s4 mini a few months back, all has been well with it till now, I'm having aan issue where my menu button is illuminated but the back button isn't, and the menu button acts like its being held down when I press it quickly and thee phone almost freezes. The back button works randomly.

Here is the kicker, if I turn off the key illumination the buttons work fine, then with it on and the buttons act up.

Anyone else have this issue?

The phone is completely stock, ID warranty it but I cant find my original proof of purchase which the outlet said I needed for the warranty work

if your warranty is lost already then you could try to do a factory reset in the recovery and clear cache

if this doesn't work, try to reflash the stock rom and do a factory reset after it and clear cache after it too

If you need help at it, you can ask me.

kwalsh24

May 1, 2011
I tried the reset in recovery, that ccompleted fine, no change, tried to clear the cache and all I get is an error and a reboot of the phone

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
I tried the reset in recovery, that ccompleted fine, no change, tried to clear the cache and all I get is an error and a reboot of the phone

oh weird an error? weird...

Well you could use odin to reflash the firmware then, maybe there is a software demage..